Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Club 33 Membership Question

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Club 33 Membership Question

    How long do you have to decide after you get the offer email/letter? Can you put off the payment/starting the membership for a couple of months or do you usually have to decide ASAP?

  • #2
    Re: Club 33 Membership Question

    have you tried contacting Disneyland with your questions? [email protected]
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Club 33 Membership Question

      I believe it's typically around a month, no installment plan!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Club 33 Membership Question

        Haha, yeah.. And 35k rather than just the 25k?

        ---------- Post added 11-04-2012 at 11:53 AM ----------

        Yes but they are out until Monday. Thank you though!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Club 33 Membership Question

          Originally posted by DavidRac View Post
          I believe it's typically around a month, no installment plan!
          For whatever reason, payment has these restrictions:
          Payment terms are not offered. Initiation fees must be paid in a single transaction with a single source of payment. Annual fees must be paid in a single transaction with a single source of payment.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Club 33 Membership Question

            Hmm, probably so you do not appear to be scrambling for the money... Do you know if it is 25k is all that is due the first year or if the first year is the initiation fee (25k) + the annual fee (10k)?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Club 33 Membership Question

              Originally posted by stephigo View Post
              Hmm, probably so you do not appear to be scrambling for the money...
              More likely so that Disney gets its money up front.

              You may want to read this thread, "Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012."
              "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
              designed to appeal to everyone."

              - Walt Disney

              "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
              - Michael Eisner

              "It's very symbiotic."
              - Bob Chapek

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Club 33 Membership Question

                When the initial invites went out in May, to begin June 15th, the yearly was pro-rated so the total was near $30K upfront. Not sure how they do it later in the year.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Club 33 Membership Question

                  Originally posted by stephigo View Post
                  How long do you have to decide after you get the offer email/letter? Can you put off the payment/starting the membership for a couple of months or do you usually have to decide ASAP?
                  You have 30 days to decide and get the payment in. It is the $25K or $40K, plus the annual fees. The fees were prorated in June, but if you are offered a membership starting in Jan, it will be $10K plus the increase (currently being estimates at $500.)

                  ---------- Post added 11-04-2012 at 02:53 PM ----------

                  Originally posted by stephigo View Post
                  Yes but they are out until Monday. Thank you though!
                  Odd. They are usually there on weekends. I know they were working on the Candlelight issues yesterday.
                  If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Club 33 Membership Question

                    Oh see, I only got an email offer without specific guidelines so I am a little confused but will be in contact tomorrow. I have one person's contact info and was unable to get ahold of them this weekend. So I guess all of my answers should be answered tomorrow. I never got an actual paper form offer, so I am not sure how long we will have, but 30 days sounds about right. I did not expect to get an offer this soon... so we were not expecting it at all.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Club 33 Membership Question

                      Originally posted by stephigo View Post
                      Oh see, I only got an email offer without specific guidelines so I am a little confused but will be in contact tomorrow. I have one person's contact info and was unable to get ahold of them this weekend. So I guess all of my answers should be answered tomorrow. I never got an actual paper form offer, so I am not sure how long we will have, but 30 days sounds about right. I did not expect to get an offer this soon... so we were not expecting it at all.
                      You should get an invitation to join via snail mail also. It is a gold envelope. How long ago did you join the waiting list?
                      If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Club 33 Membership Question

                        About 11 months ago

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Club 33 Membership Question

                          Originally posted by stephigo View Post
                          About 11 months ago
                          You must have joined the waitlist right when it was quietly reopened, before the big announcement on the Disney Parks Blog.
                          Which also confirms that the everyone on the old "closed" waitlist has been offered membership.

                          When you contact the club for details, find out if your allotment of tickets and tours is for a full year or prorated.
                          New members, who joined in June, had prorated annual dues with a full allotment of benefits. Of course this is only useful if you plan to visit before the end of the year.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Club 33 Membership Question

                            Yes, I'll find out.. if they really made it to me they must have gone all the way down that long waiting list which must mean the theories were true that this would happen because prospective new members would not be able to make the price jump. I am not sure now is the time for me to join, I wish it was but I have a lot of other financial responsibility. It would really suck to turn it down though, it was a huge dream for me!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Club 33 Membership Question

                              Originally posted by Nonsuch View Post
                              New members, who joined in June, had prorated annual dues with a full allotment of benefits. Of course this is only useful if you plan to visit before the end of the year.
                              New members are now being prorated benefits.
                              If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Club 33 Membership Question

                                So I have sent multiple emails and even mailed a letter to get on the waiting list and havent heard back. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments about what I should expect? I sent my first request in the aug/sept timeframe I think.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Club 33 Membership Question

                                  Originally posted by txdisney View Post
                                  So I have sent multiple emails and even mailed a letter to get on the waiting list and havent heard back. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments about what I should expect? I sent my first request in the aug/sept timeframe I think.
                                  While one here has stated they had a friend who instantly got a membership upon emailing, my friends experiences have differed. A friend who sent an email in Jan was only recently contacted. Another friend who put in a request in May has been told "We are still working on it". And one who put it in in July, was told "We will let you know when we getting to you."
                                  If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Club 33 Membership Question

                                    Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
                                    While one here has stated they had a friend who instantly got a membership upon emailing, my friends experiences have differed. A friend who sent an email in Jan was only recently contacted. Another friend who put in a request in May has been told "We are still working on it". And one who put it in in July, was told "We will let you know when we getting to you."
                                    thanks, I havent heard anything so I just want to ensure that they received the request.

                                    Comment

                                    Get Away Today Footer

                                    Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X