Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspending Ride Vehicle -- Star Wars Land or Marvel Universe?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Suspending Ride Vehicle -- Star Wars Land or Marvel Universe?

Check out this idea for a suspended "flying" attraction. Motion control vehicles are fine and motion simulators have their place, but there is always room for attractions that physically transport you through a show building in all possible planes of movement. Imagine the possibilities of this vehicle in a Star Wars or Marvel-themed attraction.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Re: Suspending Ride Vehicle -- Star Wars Land or Marvel Universe?

Who owns this patent?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Comment

Almost looks like the mechanism from the spinner ride on top of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas.

Comment

If Disney owns this patent, that would be great for a number of franchises, not just Marvel or Star Wars (if I had my way, Disney wouldn't put Marvel in the theme parks. Mutant superheroes do not belong in the same place as classic Disney characters.) You could use this as an application for a Wall-E attraction, an UP attraction, or even some non-movie based story.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
          Almost looks like the mechanism from the spinner ride on top of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas.
          In a way, you are right. Where that ride is static, this design allows for the movement of the vehicle along a guide cable or track.
          sigpic

Comment

Star Wars
            a ride over Coresant
            sorry for the spelling
            Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

This would work better with Star Wars, imo.
              Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Unlike this for a marvel attraction

Comment

Any idea when this was filed?
                  DisneyTwins
                  Since May 2003

Comment

This seems to be a drag-and-release carriage attraction kind of like the ones they have at carnivals (think the Dive Devil at Magic Mountain but with a spinning carriage instead). I mention this because one element of the design appears to be a pulley with a release mechanism (38, 82, and 34) and the carriage appears to be attached via steel cable (16) to something that I imagine is a larger load bearing cable.

That said, the OP's scope on the idea is awesome, it's Peter Pan meets Roger Rabbit. As history has told us time and time again it's that flying attractions are beloved among theme park goers. Down where I live the skyways at both Sea World and the Zoo are still very popular rides and back at Disneyland guests commonly wait in 50 minute lines for an attraction (Peter Pan) that's only two and a half minutes long. I'd bet that if Disney makes a big budget attraction that incorporates the OP's idea it'll be a hit.
                    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Comment

Originally posted by G24T View Post
                      This seems to be a drag-and-release carriage attraction kind of like the ones they have at carnivals (think the Dive Devil at Magic Mountain but with a spinning carriage instead). I mention this because one element of the design appears to be a pulley with a release mechanism (38, 82, and 34) and the carriage appears to be attached via steel cable (16) to something that I imagine is a larger load bearing cable.
                      It does look something like a sling shot type ride. Very low capacity.
                      Be Cool Stay in School!
                      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Looks mighty unefficient but if I had my way, I'd put this ride mechanism in the old Innventions complex for a SW ride.

Perhaps a podrace or maybe even have the guests control how their vehicles move and make the ride one big space battle! Rebels vs Imperials!

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                          It does look something like a sling shot type ride. Very low capacity.
                          Looks cool though.
                          For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X