Recent rides on RSR during Hotel Guest Early Entry?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dalia3001
    • Jun 2006

Recent rides on RSR during Hotel Guest Early Entry?

I will be visiting the Disneyland Resort on the weekend of November 17 and 18, and am hoping to ride RSR on Sunday morning during the Hotel Guest Early Entry.

Has anyone done this lately?

Is it still best to line up at the main entrance rather than at the special Grand Californian Entrance?

My goal is to get in line early (is 6:15 still necessary?) in order to hopefully be one of the first riders on RSR (assuming it opens without problems at 7:00), so that we can possibly get to Disneyland in time for an 8:00 opening.

I know this is a gamble, and that RSR may not be working at the crack of dawn. If we arrive and that happens we will adjust our plans in some way. But I was hoping someone could let me know the best way to try to do this if at all possible.
  • DJS
    Banned User
    • Sep 2012

Re: Recent rides on RSR during Hotel Guest Early Entry?

I wouldn't be so concerned. Enjoy your early entry!

Comment

• swampymarsh
      Under that tree again!
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Dalia3001 View Post
      Has anyone done this lately?
      No, while I stayed at the DLH I went to the main entrance.

Is it still best to line up at the main entrance rather than at the special Grand
      Californian Entrance?
      Probably the main reason being that you are closer to RSR than at the GCH entrance. I'm not sure if the GCH is still getting the huge line or not.

My goal is to get in line early (is 6:15 still necessary?) in order to hopefully be one of the first riders on RSR (assuming it opens without problems at 7:00), so that we can possibly get to Disneyland in time for an 8:00 opening.
      I don't think you will have a huge problem if you want to get on RSR and to DL by 8am. If you want to get on RSR as one of the first passengers, than 6:15 is about the right time to do it. Security on the Esplanade opens at 6:30, so you might shoot for 6:20-25. However if you wait until 6:45 if should work fine too.

I know this is a gamble, and that RSR may not be working at the crack of dawn. If we arrive and that happens we will adjust our plans in some way. But I was hoping someone could let me know the best way to try to do this if at all possible.
      That will be the ultimate question. These past couple weeks they have purposely been opening late on the weekdays but not the weekend. So if it opens on time you will be fine to ride and get over to DL.

Also if this works for your group you may want to go over to DL, and send one person back to DCA with the tickets to get RSR FPs. That person will have to catch up and maybe miss the first DL ride. Resort guests before DCA opening can get in the front of the FP line. So if say it's 7:45 and you send one person back they can get in the FP line, at 8am the line moves and at about 8:05 they will have FPs in hand and go back to DL to meet up.
      Be Cool Stay in School!
      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

• Dalia3001
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
        No, while I stayed at the DLH I went to the main entrance.

Also if this works for your group you may want to go over to DL, and send one person back to DCA with the tickets to get RSR FPs. That person will have to catch up and maybe miss the first DL ride. Resort guests before DCA opening can get in the front of the FP line. So if say it's 7:45 and you send one person back they can get in the FP line, at 8am the line moves and at about 8:05 they will have FPs in hand and go back to DL to meet up.
        That's a good idea. I may well do that, especially if RSR is down for some reason right at the start of the day!

Thanks so much for your help!!

I think I will still tell everyone the goal is 6:15, meaning I will hope to get there by 6:25. If we don't quite manage it and end up getting there at 6:45 I will not cry. : )

Comment

• BlAcKoUt510
          Hello Dolly.
          • May 2008

The line will certainly move much more slower at the GCH entrance. I recommend the main entrance as well.

Comment

• Dalia3001
            • Jun 2006

Thanks! We will bring coffee and try to get there as early as possible. I can't believe our trip is coming up so soon! I better get ready to get into the holiday spirit!

Comment

• wiigirl
              MiceChatter
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by DJS View Post
              I wouldn't be so concerned. Enjoy your early entry!
              Same here!
              For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

• Dalia3001
                • Jun 2006

I'm so glad I planned this out, and thank you BlAcKoUt510 and Swampymarsh for your input!

We got to DCA prior to the opening of the security gates, and ended up third in line at the front gates. We were within the first wave of people getting on to RSR, and were riding the ride by about 7:10. You were both right that waiting at the front gate is a much better option than waiting at the GCH gate, as by the time we had made it across the park from DCH, I am sure there would have been a wait of at least 15-20 minutes, which would have compromised our ability to be within the first wave of people into Disneyland at park opening.

We strolled easily back to Disneyland and were in line for opening by 7:30, which meant that we were able to get onto Peter Pan first thing, then ride our other favorites, Mr. Toad, Matterhorn, Space Mtn, Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear and Splash Mountain, along with a ride in the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain, before an late breakfast at the Carnation Cafe at around 10:30. Then we took a nap in our rooms before going on the 3:00PM Holiday Tour.

When we returned at 3:00, the park seemed packed! So much so that the tour guide skipped letting us ride Small World Holiday until after the tour, and gave us unlimited use FP's to use after the tour to make up for it.

So I'm really glad we were able to fit in everything we had wanted. It was a great deal of fun.

Thank you so much!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X