Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starbucks coming to Disney parks? I hate their Coffee - who's with me?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Starbucks coming to Disney parks? I hate their Coffee - who's with me?

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
    I like Starbucks, at least my local. We also got excellent Caramel Frappuccinos at DCA so I'm good with Starbucks being there. I don't care for Dunkin'.

BUT, if we want REALLY good coffee, I vote for a Blue Bottle Coffee. (Anyone from the Bay area want to second that?)
    Glad to see we have some Bay Area-ins on Micechat! Every time I'm in the city I make sure to stop by Blue Bottle, they have awesome coffee.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
      BUT, if we want REALLY good coffee, I vote for a Blue Bottle Coffee. (Anyone from the Bay area want to second that?)
      I'll second, third and fourth that!! Blue Bottle is such a gem. I like living somewhere where there are lots of independent coffee shops though so I can support the locals but when I get into the city, I love to have Blue Bottle, even though there's a Starbucks every half block.

Facebook me!
      Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Starbucks is not my favorite, but is much better than what Disney was serving.

Dunkin Donuts is the bench sweepings of coffee. I guess once you develop a taste for raw sewage then Dunkin Donuts is acceptable.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Farmers Brothers coffee=the best.

Comment

I'd guess if Disney used starbucks coffee at every coffee selling location but didn't associate the starbucks name with it people would complain about Disney Coffee as always.

I'd far prefer they do something like that rather than brand stores with the coffee names. Unfortunately with coffee it's the marketing that they buy, not the actual product.
            Be Cool Stay in School!
            Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

They serve Nescafe right now which is a concentrated coffee syrup. I don't like it, it tastes awkwardly "bacony" to me. Starbucks is much much better than Nescafe. People are just freaking out all over the place about the look of the Main Street Bakery afterwards when they just completely ignore how they incorporated Starbucks in DCA.

I'm more of a Peets fan, but Starbucks, I think, should be considered an upgrade rather than a downgrade.
              DisneyTwins
              Since May 2003

Comment

Nice topic but you could be swimming upstream on this topic. People seem to be in support of Starbucks whether it's enthusiastic or "It's better than what they served before" which it is. For about 15 years Starbucks has been the ONE corporate presence in the park I actually looked forward to and wondered when exactly it would happen.

I for one welcome our coffee bean grinding overlords.

Comment

Originally posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
                  Dunkin' Donuts handles a VERY HIGH volume consistently - and they serve many of the same variants such as espresso and latte. If you have ever been to a Dunkin in New England - You would be surprised how fast they handle huge amounts of people. In fact, it is very Disney in its efficiency. I think people may have a few preconceived notions here.

BINGO.

DD is the official coffee of the office I work at. We struck a deal with them as soon as they moved out west. At first, it seemed like alotta complaints from supposed coffee snobs in our dept. But then, it caught on quick. Once these SB-addicts realized that the SB image added no flavor to the coffee, they were happy w/ the choice for the most part.

DD could have been a great match w/ Disney. But I am pretty sure SB isn't going anywhere. It would be interesting to have SB in DCA *and* a DD in DL on MS.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                    There aren't that many Dunkin' Donuts in California.
                    Are there ANY Dunkin' Donuts in California?

Comment

Starbucks is also a bigger brand name and more recognizable, even to children. It's become just as notable as the McDonald's arches or the face of Colonel Sanders. Even if the sign as displayed on Buena Vista Street scarcely resembles the modern logo, it's still a majority preferred product, myself being a part of that majority.
                      "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

Originally posted by disneychrista View Post
                        Not too many. I tried DD coffee once since so many raved about it. It just tasted like cheap Folgers or something. I AM a definite coffee snob and can tell when coffee is good or not. Although I've recently cut way back due to health issues and have noticed that when I do have a cup of coffee again, it tastes much better, stronger and my senses are better able to detect it's quality and flavor.

Facebook me!
                        Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
                          Not too many.
                          Other than one on Camp Pendleton, I can't find a single one in California.

Comment

Having had truly good coffee, I cannot stand Starbucks coffee. Is it any wonder that their most popular drinks are full of syrups and flavors? The mark of great coffee is the ability to drink it black and it tastes good. Not munch in the US can do that, and nothing from Starbucks does. Guess I'm not a fan :blush:

Comment

Originally posted by disneychrista View Post
                              Currently, I believe the only one in CA is on-base at Camp Pendleton. I don't think the public can get to it, just people w/military ID.

They used to be around So Cal maybe 20 years ago or so, I can remember them from 'back in the day'. You can still find their bagged coffee in stores. Personally, I don't think it's any better than 'Chock Full O' Nuts'.
                              "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

It probably all boils down to personal preference. I'm not a fan of Starbucks. I can only drink decaf. Their's is more of a half-caf. Not good for me since it's not the caffeine but the acid in the coffee bean that's the problem. Decaffeinating the bean removes much of the acid. This is according to a Starbuck's employee.
                                I don't care for the flavor of their hot chocolate. Very thick for some weird reason! La Brea Cafe is awful as well. How the heck can you screw up hot chocolate?
                                Starbucks also has awful smoothies. So to me, for my preferences, their products are just hard to swallow. (yep! I went there! Humor + Sarcasm)
                                sigpicDisneyBroad54

Comment

Starbucks is LIGHTYEARS better than the other crap coffee they serve at the resort. I am an avid coffee fan and drinker (only black or with a bit of milk) and while Starbucks may not be my favorite, I can at least expect a much better and more quality cup of coffee with Starbucks. And on Dunkin's...just like McDonald's, I think the hype around their coffee is unwarranted and is just used to propagate people away from Starbucks. They're coffee is nothing special and honestly just taste like Folgers and other poor coffees like that.

Honestly if I were to chose, knowing they are going to choose a brand name, I would have preferred Peets. I think they have the best beans for a brand business. I would place Starbucks after them. I would put places like Coffee Bean (which is LA based) way before I would consider a Dunkins...

And to whomever said Starbucks uses robusta beans, that's completely false. I've worked for Starbucks for about 4 and half years now (great job to have through college btw) and am a coffee master with the company. I can guarantee you that all of our beans are Arabica. Every coffee we serve uses 100% Arabica beans. The company has been committed to having that high quality focus. There is a reason we're one of the most successful businesses in the US. Believe me, I have my own qualms about the company but I would never demean they're commitment to high quality coffee product and ethical business practices. Starbucks really is a role model company and does a lot of good, despite your feelings on the company.

Comment

They actually did a pretty good job of integrating this into the park. While I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks necessarily (as noted, there are better coffee places out there), it works for me. I like to get a cup on my way out of the park, and it's convenient, and it's drinkable.

So I'm a fan.
                                    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

People like it, people want it...at the end of the day, it's probably no different than selling brand name soft drinks or ice cream in the park. If they make it look as though it belongs, like the Ghirardelli shop or Boudin's, it's all good.

Speaking personally, I'm somewhat ambivalent on Starbucks; I don't hate it and I don't feel the need to drink it on a regular basis, but I'm not a huge coffee drinker. Frankly if they were going to bring in outside coffee I'd love to see some traditional Cafe du Monde style coffee for the French Market.
                                      Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Why would you come here and post about something you hate when there are so many fun things to love at Disneyland?

Comment

I think the OP is entitled to post their opinion, as we all are if there is something we do not like. Lord knows we see multiple posts from people who dislike one thing are another about the parks.

While I always look to the park positives, I agree with this post about the awfulness of Starbucks coffee.
                                          However, I never get it so having it available does not matter to me one way or the other if the park has it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X