Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starbucks coming to Disney parks? I hate their Coffee - who's with me?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Starbucks coming to Disney parks? I hate their Coffee - who's with me?

Dunkin' Donuts are a novelty to me
    but I like the pasteries at Starbucks
    Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalFan View Post
      And to whomever said Starbucks uses robusta beans, that's completely false. I've worked for Starbucks for about 4 and half years now (great job to have through college btw) and am a coffee master with the company. I can guarantee you that all of our beans are Arabica. Every coffee we serve uses 100% Arabica beans. The company has been committed to having that high quality focus. There is a reason we're one of the most successful businesses in the US. Believe me, I have my own qualms about the company but I would never demean they're commitment to high quality coffee product and ethical business practices. Starbucks really is a role model company and does a lot of good, despite your feelings on the company.
      That would have been me. I got this information second hand from someone who is a barista certified by the Barista Guild of America. But either I heard it wrong or he is not correct.

Either way, I would be curious as to how Starbucks is able to roast such a huge quantity of arabica beans. Normally from what I understand roasting arabica beans is a very time intensive process so I would be curious as to how Starbucks is able to accomplish this.

Comment

Originally posted by Malina View Post
        People like it, people want it...at the end of the day, it's probably no different than selling brand name soft drinks or ice cream in the park. If they make it look as though it belongs, like the Ghirardelli shop or Boudin's, it's all good.

Speaking personally, I'm somewhat ambivalent on Starbucks; I don't hate it and I don't feel the need to drink it on a regular basis, but I'm not a huge coffee drinker. Frankly if they were going to bring in outside coffee I'd love to see some traditional Cafe du Monde style coffee for the French Market.

Chicory Coffee!!! Oh Yeah. Wouldn't that be great in NOS? Either du Monde or Community, I don't care.
        "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I don't drink coffee drinks at Starbucks as I'm much more a fan of their blended frappuccino drinks that are cream-based.
          When I'm at the park though, I usually get something else. I can get Starbucks anytime.
          When it comes to iced coffee though, just give me the basic, standard iced coffee that can be made at home much like iced tea. Throw a little milk and sugar and I'm good to go.
          My mum was raised in New England where iced coffee had been a staple long before it ever appeared at the Starbucks-like joints nationwide so I grew up with it.
          When I was a kid growing up in OC, if you asked for it in restaurants, most didn't really know what you were talking about. You'd just have to tell the server it was iced tea, but with coffee instead, and usually they'd make it for you.
          We used to get it at the Howard Johnson's on occasion across from Disneyland though because occasionally you'd get a server there who knew how to do it. I think Howard Johnson's originated in the east though.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
            Chicory Coffee!!! Oh Yeah. Wouldn't that be great in NOS? Either du Monde or Community, I don't care.
            You can get chicory coffee at Ralph Brennan's in DTD.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
              I'm totally with you there! Either or would be fine. They already have the beignets and they're not bad; time for the chicory coffee to make an appearance!
              Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Speaking personally, I'm somewhat ambivalent on Starbucks; I don't hate it and I don't feel the need to drink it on a regular basis, but I'm not a huge coffee drinker. Frankly if they were going to bring in outside coffee I'd love to see some traditional Cafe du Monde style coffee for the French Market.
                I may have mentioned this in another thread, or just had the thought maybe but YES! Terrific idea. I just finished my can of Cafe du Monde from Cost Plus and actually it was Trader Joes who turned me onto the chicory coffee when a couple of years ago they had a New Orleans blend.

Facebook me!
                Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Starbucks' modern image is a perfect fit for the mall mentality that drives today's Disney Parks.

Bon appetit.
                  "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                  designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                  - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

Tim Horton's

Comment

Originally posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
                      Dunkin Donuts can handle very high volume - Where I live, in Rhode Island, there are far more Dunkin's than Starbucks. And people much prefer it.

---------- Post added 11-10-2012 at 01:35 PM ----------

Starbucks is pretentious - Dunkin' is family friendly. I think Dunkin actually melds with the Disney image better.
                      Originally posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
                      Dunkin' Donuts handles a VERY HIGH volume consistently - and they serve many of the same variants such as espresso and latte. If you have ever been to a Dunkin in New England - You would be surprised how fast they handle huge amounts of people. In fact, it is very Disney in its efficiency. I think people may have a few preconceived notions here.
                      Hello Rhode Islander! Born and raised there. Moved to Los Angeles 7 years ago.

Anyway, I'm not a coffee drinker. I like Starbucks because I like the frappucinos. So they suit me just fine in Disney. BUT, DD is an entity in it's own right, and a lot of people have no idea how huge it is. My family members are coffee people, and I have spent too much time in lines at the drive thru waiting for them to get their 'regular' coffee there. (regular means w/ cream and sugar, in case that's a regional expression.) Some of them base their vacation hotels based on how far they are from a DD. it's a religion for many.

Has anyone had Intelligensia? My coffee friends say that is the best. I have no idea!

Comment

Starbucks!
                        For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

eh starbucks is so overrated so much. i voted none of the above

---------- Post added 11-10-2012 at 05:55 PM ----------

sounds very mall like to me.

ask for dunkin doughnuts they are eveywhere but you have too look for them as you go by or drive by

Comment

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
                            Cool! Do they do 'to go' cups? Are they open early enough to grab one on the way in to the parks?
                            "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
                              I wish I didn't know this. I can't go near that place because of all the shellfish on the menu.

---------- Post added 11-10-2012 at 06:13 PM ----------

Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
                              I may have mentioned this in another thread, or just had the thought maybe but YES! Terrific idea. I just finished my can of Cafe du Monde from Cost Plus and actually it was Trader Joes who turned me onto the chicory coffee when a couple of years ago they had a New Orleans blend.
                              Wait...did you just say that Cost Plus sold Cafe du Monde coffee? The real stuff? Yellow cans and all?? You just made my day if so!!!
                              Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Wait...did you just say that Cost Plus sold Cafe du Monde coffee? The real stuff? Yellow cans and all?? You just made my day if so!!!
                                Yes!!

Cafe Du Monde Coffee and Chicory-Cafe Du Monde Coffee and Chicory | World Market

Enjoy

Facebook me!
                                Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

They used to sell Cafe du Monde coffee in NOS. Many years ago...

Comment

That's where I get mine! I nearly plotzed when I saw it on the shelf. I haven't found Community Coffee for sale anywhere near where I live (No Calif). You can get it by mail order though. Their chicory coffee is really good, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
                                      Starbucks is not my favorite, but is much better than what Disney was serving.

Dunkin Donuts is the bench sweepings of coffee. I guess once you develop a taste for raw sewage then Dunkin Donuts is acceptable.
                                      I cannot agree with you enough. One other posted said their workplace changed out DD for their usual brand and "in time they liked it." The key words there were "in time." ....like some crazy Stockholm Syndrome of coffee. If you're subjected to it long enough, you'll love it because it's all they serve. Welcome to the coffee pot, Comrade! You will enjoy today's variety, it's the people's coffee, the one and only blend they serve here.

Bench sweepings indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Susie63 View Post
                                        Tim Horton's
                                        Timmies represent!

At first I was a bit grumpy when I heard that Starbucks was in the park, but on our last trip I LOVED that I could stop in, during the cool evening and enjoy my favorite Vanilla Latte while touring the parks and it was actually cheaper than it is at home (with the ap discount) to boot! One of may new favorite things to do.

On another note, I tasted Dunkin coffee for the first time a few months ago and and hated it...
                                        I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

I'm not a fan of coffee, let alone Starbucks. I don't mind the addition to the parks. Coffee Bean is the best of them all, though.
                                          Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X