Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starbucks coming to Disney parks? I hate their Coffee - who's with me?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Starbucks coming to Disney parks? I hate their Coffee - who's with me?

Tim Horton's is an iconic Canadian Coffee and donut shop (that now serves a whole host of hot drinks and sandwich type fare)

It is as equally, or more engrained in Canadian culture than baseball is in American culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor View Post
      Tim Horton's is an iconic Canadian Coffee and donut shop (that now serves a whole host of hot drinks and sandwich type fare)

It is as equally, or more engrained in Canadian culture than baseball is in American culture.
      I don't get out of Southern California much any more, and we don't have any here. So aside from the billboards I wasn't really aware.
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Ahaha I forgot that Tim Horton's had moved into the Eastern States. I was expecting everyone to have no idea what I was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Wren View Post
          I prefer the sweet potato ones they have there compared to normal Disney fries. The normal ones always come off bland and cardboardish to me.
          Count me in as one of the people that love sweet tater fries instead!! I love well done sweet tater fries with ranch dressing, but I agree that there should be a choice as to if you want regular fries or sweet potato ones.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I think the argument between Starbucks and (insert other chain) is a matter of region more than anything else. I used to live in Nevada where Starbucks abound (went with an independent shop because I can't stand Starbucks) Now I live in Rhode Island where the Iron Curtain called Dunkin exists (It took me awhile but I have grown quite attached to it).

Point being that beyond the Iron Curtain in New England Dunkin doesn't have that big of a presence so you can't expect Southern Californians to embrace it as the Seattle influence has already consumed their day to day coffee habits.

That being said, isn't Peets coffee a thing out there? If I recall I found them quite tasty and reasonable for a designer coffee shop.

Comment

I can't beleive this topic has not died yet. I had no idea it would strike such a cord. I was obviously very wrong. Only seven people agreed with me about Dunkin Donuts. Oh well. I can admit defeat.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
              An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Comment

I don't drink coffee and while I don't like the prices of Starbucks in general, my wife says their product is far better than what was served before.

Comment

I've never had a problem with Starbucks coffees or their espresso drinks. Although it's been many years (nearly 20) since I had any Dunkin Donuts coffee, I don't recall any negative experiences with it (but by the same token, I don't recall it being a particularly exceptional cup, either). I love donuts & coffee, and Dunkin is pretty reliable for that combination. I'd love to be able to get a dozen donuts and a couple coffees in the Park; that'd be nice on a chilly Sunday morning.

I've also never had a problem with Farmer Brothers coffee, the suppliers of McDonald's coffee. Always a consistently good cup from them, seriously. I've never had a bad cup of Farmer Brothers coffee, ever.

Starbucks is higher-end coffee, with a wide variety of roasts and blends, and varying flavors because of that. Dunkin and Farmer Brothers aren't as varied, but are good standard American blends. I also like Cafe duMonde and Community Coffee for New Orleans-style chicory-blended coffee. That's its own unique experience.

I don't really have a huge preference, brand-wise. As long as the coffee is consistently good quality, flavorful, and satisfying, I'm happy. It could be Maxwell House, Folgers, Hills Bros., or any other brand - as long as it's from quality Arabica beans and made with clear, fresh water in a clean brewing machine, it should be a good cup.

Personally, though, if I had to show a brand preference, I'd go with Marley Coffee.

Last edited by Retrocool; 12-08-2012, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
                    I can't beleive this topic has not died yet. I had no idea it would strike such a cord. I was obviously very wrong. Only seven people agreed with me about Dunkin Donuts. Oh well. I can admit defeat.
                    As many of us are in areas where the are no Dunkin Donuts, and Starbucks is everywhere, that result would be somewhat predictable.
                    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                      As many of us are in areas where the are no Dunkin Donuts, and Starbucks is everywhere, that result would be somewhat predictable.
                      Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                        Not really.

There are about 7000 Dunkin Donuts in the U.S. (10,000 worldwide).
                        There are about 13,000 Starbucks in the U.S. (20,000 worldwide).

It doesn't really explain the 76 votes for Starbucks to 8 for Dunkin Donuts...the ratios aren't even close.

Comment

Originally posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
                          Not really.
                          There are about 7000 Dunkin Donuts in the U.S. (10,000 worldwide).
                          There are about 13,000 Starbucks in the U.S. (20,000 worldwide).
                          While that may be true there are no Dunkin' Donuts in the Southern California (Sans the one in Camp Pendleton and as far as I can see there are none any where else in California either) while there are hundreds of Starbucks. And Southern California is Disneyland's Key market.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X