This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] BTMRR queue themeing.

Walt Disney World Resort projects. Any ideas which attraction this may soon be a part of?

Last week, we shared an image of a portraitMagic Kingdom Park attraction, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
    new interactive queue
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 11-19-2012, 10:33 AM.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Re: BTMRR queue themeing.

Looks like Tony Baxter to me.....

Makes sense since he designed BTMRR.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
      Looks like Tony Baxter to me.....
      I thought the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
        I thought the same thing.
        I wonder if this portrait with the refurb of BTMRR is his possible retirement gift?

Comment

Sounds to me like it might be part of adding a Disneyland Paris Frontierland 'backstory' type deal to Florida, where a Henry Ravenswood is the owner both of Phantom Manor and the mines at Big Thunder, along with a lot of the town. His luck goes bad, he winds up penniless, mining operation abandoned and in ruins, and possibly either murdered or as the evil phantom haunting his once luxurious home.

In DisneySea, Imagineer Joe Rohde similarly was used as the model for several images of 'Harrison Hightower', owner of the Hotel Hightower and renowned adventurer and collector of bizarre artifacts. So I suspect this portrait of Baxter will function in a similar fashion, and the gold nugget headed walking stick, plus it being his concept, suggests it is somehow to be utilized at Big Thunder.
          when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Looks like a cross between Donald Sutherland and Tony Baxter.

Comment

Originally posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
              Sounds to me like it might be part of adding a Disneyland Paris Frontierland 'backstory' type deal to Florida, where a Henry Ravenswood is the owner both of Phantom Manor and the mines at Big Thunder, along with a lot of the town. His luck goes bad, he winds up penniless, mining operation abandoned and in ruins, and possibly either murdered or as the evil phantom haunting his once luxurious home.

In DisneySea, Imagineer Joe Rohde similarly was used as the model for several images of 'Harrison Hightower', owner of the Hotel Hightower and renowned adventurer and collector of bizarre artifacts. So I suspect this portrait of Baxter will function in a similar fashion, and the gold nugget headed walking stick, plus it being his concept, suggests it is somehow to be utilized at Big Thunder.
              Good call, very well might be.

Comment

I always felt the queue to BTMRR had a very Knott's-like feel to it. Which now that I'm older and am more knowledgable about theme parks does not surprise me why I feel this way. It turns out in the book Knott's Preserved, Tony Baxter writes that as a youth he was greatly influenced by the Calico Mine Ride. That feeling makes a lot more sense to me now that I learned that.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
                  I wonder if this portrait with the refurb of BTMRR is his possible retirement gift?
                  Best retirement gift ever!

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaybee View Post
                    Looks like a cross between Donald Sutherland and Tony Baxter.
                    I though Tony Baxter when I first saw it, but when I thought of the planned tv with Donald Sutherland it started looking a lot more like the former.

However that TV show is not confirmed news by anyone stated to be involved.
                    Be Cool Stay in School!
                    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Seeing as it's, I believe BTMRR's birthday in WDW, how coincidental for Disney to unveil this portrait.
                      Last edited by Disneymike; 11-15-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

It also does resemble Sutherland, but had not heard a single rumor even he might be in the proposed TV show. Baxter has far more ties to BTMRR historically, so paying homage to both of them might work (still seems weird to me if it's some kind of joint tribute)...but Baxter created the concept for the attraction, therefore, simplest explanation is the most obvious first one, to my mind.

I can, of course, be wholly wrong given this is presented as a 'mystery'. Baxter has more to do with Disney and Big Thunder.

End of line.
                        when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

In general, I'm not a big fan of being spoon-fed too much backstory. It dulls the imagination.

Comment

its creepy to see Tony Baxter that way
                            Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what this leads to...although being spoon-fed a storyline can somewhat dull the imagination, this picture does invoke a bit of mystery. Hopefully you have to kind of figure it out on your own...hopefully...hopefully...hopefully...
                              "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

It better be something good........the other Orlando theme parks are "bringing it". Another Universal addition revealed today........a totally immersive "Springfield" Simpsons environment complete with Krusty Burger, Moe's, and Kang & Kodos C-ticket among other eats and retail. Has one theme park ever had the construction of 3 E-tickets, 1 C-ticket and 2 new lands taking place all at one time???

Comment

Originally posted by ttintagel View Post
                                  In general, I'm not a big fan of being spoon-fed too much backstory. It dulls the imagination.
                                  :bow: BRAVO!

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Love the portrait! Will be interested to see where the story leads. (My first thought was Tony, also.)
                                    sigpic
                                    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Somewhere in the queue there needs to vintage edition of the Rainbow Ridge Gazette, with a photo depicting a man that looks like Marc Davis getting stabbed in the back by the man in this portrait (i.e. Tony Baxter). With caption "Western River explorer murdered by mining tycoon."

Comment

I would love the ride to get more of a "story" in the Q at least.....the ride works well enough but would not mind more to look at and I love as a big Disney Fans telling my friends about the new and old storys from many of the Qs....so I hope if the ride is going down for a year that they have time to add more to the Q as well as the ride
                                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X