This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rides you used to like, but now avoid for some reason

I can't say I avoid it but certain portions of Pirates of the Caribbean are now somewhat painful due to the nonsensical dialogue added during the 06 refurb.

Comment

I also avoid Autopia. I feel like I have ever since I turned 16 and was able to drive a real car. The line is usually super long, too.
      Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Indiana Jones. Too rough, too fast to see anything and too many mechanical breakdowns/non working effects and generally just seems boring to me. Exploring the queue is awesome, if everything in the ride worked and was in top-notch order, plus time to appreciate it, the ride would be worthwhile.
        when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

the river rapids in CA. the soaking wet clothes and lack of climax or worthwhile drops drove us away.

Comment

Splash Mountain - I enjoy the animatronics, the music, the ride itself ... but I am long passed the age where I have any intention of getting soaked and then walking around for an hour in wet clothes at an amusement park.

Comment

Gadget's Go Coaster. When I was little, I was afraid to go on the park's other coasters, but this one's bright color scheme and whimsical giant props in the queue didn't create the same anxiety as Space Mountain's hidden, dark track and the queue's dimly lit hallways or the speed that the Big Thunder trains came racing down the mountain's hills. But once I summoned up the courage to ride the park's other coasters, Gadget's Go Coaster lost all appeal to be. Mediocre ride that lasts the blink of an eye after a long wait in the direct sunlight. Some of the theming is cute, though.

Originally posted by HMF View Post
              I can't say I avoid it but certain portions of Pirates of the Caribbean are now somewhat painful due to the nonsensical dialogue added during the 06 refurb.
              This too. It certainly doesn't deter me from riding POTC (I love the other parts far too much), but it does detract from the experience.

Comment

I know it's the same ride, but ever since they redid the Mark V Monorails to Mark VIs, I really lost interest in going on it. It always used to be a "must-ride," because the Mark Vs to me as a kid WAS Disneyland. As a kid Disneyland=Monorail, and now that it's so different from that image I had as a kid I don't find myself having the urge to ride it.

I have a lot of rides I used to avoid for some reason, and now I really like....most notably Small World and Indiana Jones (now two of my favorite rides!)

Comment

Soarin' used to be fun, now it needs an update before I go on that again

Comment

Originally posted by ssmatik View Post
                    I know it's been beaten to death but gotta go with the Matterhorn. It used to be a multiple ride per visit attraction for our family. Since the new cars were put in none of us want to ride it any more. We range in age from 8-50 and we all went from laughing through the whole ride to screaming OWWWW.
                    The old style cars were rough but it was more of a fun beating than a truly painful one.
                    And being on the heavy side makes it an art to get my feet out from the holes they go in and lifting myself out of the car at the end.
                    I am heavy...and tall. Hard to get far down enough in the sled to avoid getting beheaded.
                    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Nowadays, I avoid the Dumbo ride and Casey Jr. In the case of the latter, if I wanted a trip through Storybookland, I'm fine with the canal boats.

I also haven't been on the Matterhorn in a while, but not because I don't like it. It's always not working when we hit it right then. On our last trip, we waited for about 20 minutes to get on because there was an issue. They finally got it working, but when we got into the bobsleds, we moved, oh, about ten feet before it shut down again. They said it would be about a half hour before it could be reopened again. By now, we decided not to wait and go off someplace else in the park.
                      My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
                      2. Pirates of the Caribbean
                      3. Splash Mountain
                      4. Mad Tea Party
                      5. Peter Pan's Flight
                      6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Comment

Matterhorn
                        BTMR
                        Soarin

Comment

Space Mountain is one that I avoid period. And it bugs me because when I was younger, I avoided it like the plague, but then went on it as an adult and loved it. Now, I just can't stand the headache afterwards. I can still do Indy, Big Thunder, and the Matterhorn but in Indy I start to get headaches. I will do Star Tours, but really shouldn't, but the update is just so cool and I always hope for Vader and the Wookie planet! *lol*

Comment

Peter Pan
                            TSMM
                            Luigi's Flying Tires (lol just kidding I never enjoyed this one)
                            Subs
                            Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

The subs used to be one of my favorite rides.
                              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I used to love the People Mover, but I havn't been on it in a while. Did they move the entrance? I keep looking every time I go, but can't seem to find it. I'll keep looking though and pass the word along if I find it...

Comment

Peter pan...
                                  For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

I tend to avoid Fantasyland in general. I did it both trips this year because I went with people who wanted to spend the time in the land, but I usually skip it. Too many strollers and kids that run into you. The only thing I never skip in Fantasyland is Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

I also avoid ToonTown almost every trip. I like Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin a lot but I learned the secret to only go on it at night after the parade and/or fireworks are over. ToonTown is a ghost town after then. I walked right on Roger Rabbit and the Gadget Coaster last month at about 8:30pm.
                                    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Not sure. I'm still getting on lots of rides, and still avoiding ones I know I'll be getting sick (Star Tours, ToT, California Screamin', Silly Symphony Swings). My daughter keeps me busy getting on as many rides as possible during our visits.
                                      I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

There are several rides I don't go on, but none of them fall into the category of "used to like" except Matterhorn.
                                        I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                                          I will never ride Superstar Limo again.
                                          LOL, no, I suppose a lot of us are with you there.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X