X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuuster
    replied
    Re: Random BLAB idea

That's true, the shooting is kind of too quirky for a Tron ride.. it seems that only a slow omnimover ride can be placed in the BLAB show building, unless they rebuild the entire thing, but even then it would have to be a slow ride.

In the back of my mind, the peoplemover track is still the best Tron ride option, but that'll never happen now

Leave a comment:

• gatheringrosebuds
    replied

Originally posted by darkamor View Post
    I agree that a TRON / TRON Legacy Ride (or Attraction) coming to Tomorrowland would be a plus ....

C J
    As skeptical as I tend to be about franchise-inspired attractions, man, I would love to see a TRON/TRON: Legacy ride. However, I wouldn't want to see it salvaged from the remains of BLAB and the shooting/game element of the attraction, I don't think that would be the most effective style of ride for a TRON attraction.

Leave a comment:

• 999happyhants
    replied

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Once you're in that part of the queue, you're out in pretty much three minutes. The line for BLAB moves incredibly fast and it wouldn't really be necessary for Buzz to be anything more than he is now.
    Oh right, I haven't been there since they took out the fast pass so I just remember it being a long time in that queue. But imagine some 4 year old kid's face when Buzz talks to them directly. That, I think, would make their day!

Leave a comment:

• darkamor
    replied

Originally posted by Chuuster View Post
    As much as I love Toy Story and it's characters, I don't think BLAB is fitting for Tomorrowland. A Tron themed ride could make sense if they emphasis the technology of transporting humans into the digital world (kind of like Adventure Thru Inner Space, but instead of a snowflake, the computer world). There they can keep the same ride system with some tweaks, with Wreck-it Ralph Cameos

I agree that a TRON / TRON Legacy Ride (or Attraction) coming to Tomorrowland would be a plus ....

C J

Leave a comment:

• ohmyjustin
    replied

Originally posted by 999happyhants View Post
    Well, the first thing they need to do is redo the Buzz in the queue to be interactive. They are missing something really cool with that. Also, I agree they should make it more like the real buzz. It seems too cartoonish to be in tomorrowland. Also, they should make it so you can see where you are shooting. I've been to lazer tag here in my town that has lazers that you can see shoot. If a cheap-o place like that can do it, why not Disney?
    Once you're in that part of the queue, you're out in pretty much three minutes. The line for BLAB moves incredibly fast and it wouldn't really be necessary for Buzz to be anything more than he is now.

Leave a comment:

• Chuuster
    replied

As much as I love Toy Story and it's characters, I don't think BLAB is fitting for Tomorrowland. A Tron themed ride could make sense if they emphasis the technology of transporting humans into the digital world (kind of like Adventure Thru Inner Space, but instead of a snowflake, the computer world). There they can keep the same ride system with some tweaks, with Wreck-it Ralph Cameos

Leave a comment:

• 999happyhants
    replied

Well, the first thing they need to do is redo the Buzz in the queue to be interactive. They are missing something really cool with that. Also, I agree they should make it more like the real buzz. It seems too cartoonish to be in tomorrowland. Also, they should make it so you can see where you are shooting. I've been to lazer tag here in my town that has lazers that you can see shoot. If a cheap-o place like that can do it, why not Disney?

Leave a comment:

• darkamor
    replied

Someone please expand STAR CADE to the upstairs level ... get those escalators working again ... throw in FLYNN'S ARCADE with the games from WRECK IT RALPH, too (it will attract enough foot traffic to keep thee better rides in Tomorrowland with shorter queue lines for now until some real TLC takes place in this "most neglected" section of Disneyland) .... I'm not a fan of Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters in Tomorrowland, but I prefer it over the Finding Nemo Submarines (& those painfully uncomfortable bobsleds on the Matterhorn nearby) ....

C J

Leave a comment:

• ohmyjustin
    replied

Originally posted by Bronco21 View Post
    It better not be a walk through attraction then... I don't want to have to watch where I step. Haha
    Where's that darn Like button...

I'd pretty much beg for Hero's Duty to be in the Starcade (is it already there? It needs to be there as a FPS). Sugar Rush would be neat as well, and Wreck-It-Ralph could stand to stay there for a few years.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco21
    replied

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Don't worry about the Mayans. They were only counting down to the opening of The Hobbit.
    Hahahaha Yes!

Leave a comment:

• sbk1234
    replied

Don't worry about the Mayans. They were only counting down to the opening of The Hobbit.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco21
    replied

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
    All it will take is a change of opinion, or a change of personnel in upper management. it may not be likely any time soon, but I'll try to keep a good thought. Trends change over time. I don't think we've seen the last original attraction.
    Time will tell... Well unless the Myans were right.

Leave a comment:

• sbk1234
    replied

Yeah I'd rather have something original as well, but BLAB isn't going anywhere and Iger seems to really love his franchises.

All it will take is a change of opinion, or a change of personnel in upper management. it may not be likely any time soon, but I'll try to keep a good thought. Trends change over time. I don't think we've seen the last original attraction.

Leave a comment:

• wiigirl
    replied

Hero's Duty, maybe. Maybe.
    I actually don't think thats a bad idea...

Leave a comment:

• Malina
    replied

I personally would be really sad to see BLAB go. I'd rather see them update the ride with a new, improved course.

Leave a comment:

• gatheringrosebuds
    replied

Yeah I'd rather have something original as well, but BLAB isn't going anywhere and Iger seems to really love his franchises.
    Yeah, like I said, wishful thinking with the way that the company works today.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco21
    replied

It better not be a walk through attraction then... I don't want to have to watch where I step. Haha

Leave a comment:

• ohmyjustin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bronco21
    replied

Originally posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    I suppose. But honestly, I'm picking the better of two evils here. Not only would I rather see something that actually makes sense thematically in Tomorrowland, but I would want to see that space used for something original, without a franchise tie-in. I know, wishful thinking, but it's hard to see every new addition sacrificing the original idea of Tomorrowland in order to continue bringing characters into the park. Both the idea of keeping BLAB as it is and the idea of replacing it with a Wreck-It Ralph theme are a little painful to think about.

Leave a comment:

• gatheringrosebuds
    replied

I suppose. But honestly, I'm picking the better of two evils here. Not only would I rather see something that actually makes sense thematically in Tomorrowland, but I would want to see that space used for something original, without a franchise tie-in. I know, wishful thinking, but it's hard to see every new addition sacrificing the original idea of Tomorrowland in order to continue bringing characters into the park. Both the idea of keeping BLAB as it is and the idea of replacing it with a Wreck-It Ralph theme are a little painful to think about.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X