Does Disney's Monstrous Corprorate Greed destroy the magic of Christmas?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Acpisme
    HappiestHaunt
    • Dec 2011

Re: Does Disney's Monstrous Corprorate Greed destroy the magic of Christmas?

Perhaps we can not make this an attack on the OP. He was directed to post elsewhere when he posted his opinions on another thread. He is entitled to his opinion AS MUCH as you are entitled to yours. In fact, he is being far more lenient with opposing opinions, considering they are coming from the same folks that ensured he bow out of that other post. Perhaps he can be shown the same courtesy he has shown you. :blush:

Comment

• Poisonedapples
      Sock Puppet
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Meville View Post
      Dan, I just want to say that I love your spirt, I really do.

I also want to say that Disneyland prices are really not the bad considering other options for "family fun"

Up here in the great white north we have a love affair with a particular pass time, Down Hill skiing. Living close to these amazing mountains offers quite an opportunity for many people in my city, but it is extremely expensive. A one day ticket at our "Disneyland" of ski resorts costs $82.95. What does that include? A seat on a high-speed chair lift... that is all. No equipment, no food, not entertainment and no guarantee of decent skiing or good snow. When I was younger I was very lucky to be able to go skiing as much as I did, but it is just too expensive now to take my family. Does it suck? Sure, but if it really meant that much to me, I would make the proper adjustments to my life to ensure that I could afford this past time.
      ..as families that want to visit disneyland do, they adjust to make proper visit to disneyland/wdw...

i don't ski, i didnt even know they don't include like equipment rental..

Comment

MiceChat Moderator
        MiceChat Moderator
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Acpisme View Post
        Perhaps we can not make this an attack on the OP. He was directed to post elsewhere when he posted his opinions on another thread. He is entitled to his opinion AS MUCH as you are entitled to yours. In fact, he is being far more lenient with opposing opinions, considering they are coming from the same folks that ensured he bow out of that other post. Perhaps he can be shown the same courtesy he has shown you. :blush:
        The life blood of any discussion board is... discussion. Without it we wouldn't even exist.

Everyone of us is here at the generosity of the owners of this site. All of us are guests of those owners, and we have the responsibility to behave like guests. There are many, many different threads with various topics. Not everyone is going to enjoy each and every one. We each have the power to pick the ones we want to contribute to, and we have the power to walk away when we don't see eye to eye on the subject matter.

Spirited discussion is a wonderful thing. It can be not only entertaining, but educational as well when both sides are able to present their thoughts and opinions openly and with dignity and respect. But that is the key point. Respect has to be present on both sides in order for the discussion to continue in a positive, if heated manner.

This thread has bordered on going off topic more than once, and is starting to push the boundaries of the rules of this site in regards to personal asides and bordering on bullying.

This is NOT what MiceChat is suppose to be about. The owners and staff of this site work very hard to try to maintain a friendly, welcoming environment for everyone and anyone who ventures here. The tone of this thread is starting to take a very confrontational tone. Therefore this thread is going to be temporarily locked, to give all sides some time to cool down.
        Thank you for helping to make MiceChat a safe and fun place for everyone!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X