This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] For fun, 12-21-12

Anyone planning to be at Disneyland to celebrate the end? I'm going to try to be there. Just in case.
    I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Re: For fun, 12-21-12

Ill be there the day before

Comment

i was thinking about this today! unfortunately, my trip has me leaving the park four days earlier, but at least i'll have got one last fix in before the end

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

I wish...and I hope I survive because we are making one last jaunt on Jan 2-4 to ride BTMRR before it goes down.

Comment

I will!! I probably break every rule there is,
          I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
          - From "Prep And Landing"

Comment

Actually, I just might for that evening. Its a friday and the last day before 10 consecutive day block out days.

Ta Da!

Comment

Well, if you are in the current Stand By line for Radiator Springs Racers right now, you just might get to ride the ride before the end of the world happens on 12-21-2012. Now, knowing that it happens on a Friday, I think I'll go have some fun and make out with the hottest random girl I see at the park. *lol*

Comment

I've got a SoCal AP so the 21st is the first holiday blockout day for me. Maybe the 20th, though, because assuming that the BTMRR refurb is still happening, it's the last time I'll get to ride that for almost a year.
                Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Originally posted by Malina View Post
                  assuming that the BTMRR refurb is still happening, it's the last time I'll get to ride that for almost a year.
                  Or longer , if everything goes "boom" on the 21st.
                  "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                    Or longer , if everything goes "boom" on the 21st.
                    LOL, true. I'm not in that camp, and I honestly think it just meant that the Mayans' cycle on the calendar was ending, not the world...but hey, if we're not here on the 22nd I guess we won't be worrying about it.
                    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

The Gregorian calendar cycle ended on 12/31/1999. Nothing happened. Not even the stuff we made up ourselves due to creating computers with only two digits for the year.

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
                        The Gregorian calendar cycle ended on 12/31/1999. Nothing happened. Not even the stuff we made up ourselves due to creating computers with only two digits for the year.
                        That's great to know. I never believed in the end of the world mumbo jumbo anyway.
                        No one is supposed to know when the world is going to end.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
                        "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
                        "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

not that it's totally relevant (sorry mods) but the mayan calendar didn't take into account leap years, and so the mayan calendar actually ran out last year, so we all survived. but, hey, if it's an excuse to go to disneyland, then take it!

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

I'm staying home that day, there might be crazies out!!!!

Comment

Agreed going to stay home and stay away from the computer and TV and cut off my communication to the world that day because of crazies

Comment

One of my co-workers is actually afraid of it, so I kind of tease her and list all the ways in which the world can end. It's the devil in me.:evil:

Comment

Originally posted by Slappypunk View Post
                                  That's great to know. I never believed in the end of the world mumbo jumbo anyway.
                                  No one is supposed to know when the world is going to end.
                                  True. Take the great Mayan civilization, for example. They were off by 500 years or so. Spanish conquering took them totally by surprise. If they were that good at predicting, why didn't they see that coming??

Comment

How about Wednesday 12-12-12? Who's going at that time?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X