Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be a new Resort logo after the 50th ends?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be a new Resort logo after the 50th ends?

Any word out there if there will be a new Resort logo after the 50th celebration ends? I hope they come up with something a little more dignified than the 2001 logo. That one always gave me the shudders.

Re: Will there be a new Resort logo after the 50th ends?

All I know for sure is that they need to have the old Disneyland font in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfreak
      Ya, same here, but that's probably asking too much.

Comment

The new logo should be something simple, anyone would recognize, like:

Or something like that. :beg: :ap:

Comment

Bah, I don't know... I think they may have learned their lesson in logo marketing after they did away with the "Disneyland font" last time. I'm hopeing you're right though... a new logo needs to happen. And besides... aren't those soiled strolers just about worn out anyway?

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
          My MySpace... or...My Facebook
          Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

Comment

Originally posted by Sosai X
            The new logo should be something simple, anyone would recognize, like:

Or something like that. :beg: :ap:
            Hehe... yes... just no cheesy fun is forever slogan. I'll be happy with just the standard happiest place on earth

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
            My MySpace... or...My Facebook
            Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfreak
              I was just going to say, that I remember Al saying they were going back to the old font. So.....in time, I bet they will create a new logo. OR....just use the same logo picture with the new font. But most likley the first one.
              Beautify Yourself

Comment

From what I understand, it's going back to the classic font, with the classic "Happiest Place On Earth" slogan. Of course, there are slight variations, but you get the point:

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by Sosai X

even before the 50th, this logo was already done away with. It is still around on some things, but only due to fact that financially it doesn't make sense to throw out everything that has this logo on it for the sake of throwing it out, instead it's being phased out. the logos in MG's post are examples of the logo that has been used before the 50th and is used as part of the 50th logo and will most likely return as the main logo.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Originally posted by Anders
                    even before the 50th, this logo was already done away with. It is still around on some things, but only due to fact that financially it doesn't make sense to throw out everything that has this logo on it for the sake of throwing it out, instead it's being phased out. the logos in MG's post are examples of the logo that has been used before the 50th and is used as part of the 50th logo and will most likely return as the main logo.
                    Yup. That old logo was dead on arrival. It's completely souless, not to mention Californians have known nothing but the old logotype that I posted above so when they changed to the new "Resort Logo" when DCA arrived, people gave it the cold shoulder. I would bet money on the logos I posted above to be the ones used from here on out. The classic "Disneyland" font can't be replaced - ever. TDA already learned that and is now having to fix it by phasing everything out and changing everything over.

Plus, TDA wants to ease away from anything that reminds people of DCA right now - so that Resort logo that was introduced with DCA and that features Grizzly Peak - a prominent DCA icon - isn't something they want. Al has talked about this - he outlined how the DCA logo has changed to emphasise the "Disney" name and now just has "California Adventure" as somewhat of an afterthought. Kind of how "Disneyland" is emphasised in the new Disneyland Resort logo and "Resort" is kind of there as an afterthought.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

They have already started replacing the 2001 logo on the trash cans by the tram loading area by parking structure. They will most likely get around to the orange and cream ones in the esplanade soon.

Comment

^you beat me to it. i was going to point this out as well. the "new" logo has brought a smile to my face, even if it's mainly just on the trashcans

i like the classic logo much better. i think it's hard for any brand to change their logo, especially an American institution like disneyland.
                        <o>

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X