This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Disney Proposal

I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend on her birthday in December at Disneyland. Her favorite character is Pluto. I was wodering how can I make this day more magical for the both of us. I was planning on proposing in front of the Carthay or the castle. Any suggestions?

Re: Disney Proposal

Ask ahead of time at City Hall or The Chamber of Commerce in DCA, if Pluto can help you out. If you can't get to the park or don't have enough time to preplan it, try calling Disney. Be flexible if he can't or it has to be a certain time or different place.

Also while in front of the Castle and CCT are nice spots, they may be a bit cliche. Is there a ride, dining location, or spot in the park that is significant to you or her? Perhaps the first ride you went on, or a place where you shared a kiss. Maybe that would be a better spot.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Ok. I'll talk to you as I would my grandson: How well do you really know your girlfriend? Very well? Then you should not even be asking this question of strangers. You will instinctively know the right time, place and circumstances when to propose. A proposal is a very intimate piece of human interaction and is between you and your true love. Not between you and the public.

As I have advised before: Take her hads in yours; look her in her eyes and ask. That's how your grandma and I did it. Good luck and may you have hapiness forever!

Comment

I would say that the Snow White Grotto would be a beautiful spot. It's often overlooked and it's sort of out of sight (in my opinion!) and it's breathtaking. Maybe do this at night?

Comment

I agree with the Grotto idea, or somewhere like it, as people won't be tripping over you while you make our proposal. While the idea of doing it in front of the castle always seems magical, it also seems like it would be really difficult to pull off unless you had an empty park.

I agree with swampy - call ahead to see if they can help you out. Good luck, and I hope you share the experience with us here!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
          KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

You can always try the Dream Makers hotline at the Disneyland Resort

Micenation

Comment

call and see if there can be a photopass photographer there to capture the moment
              Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

i tried to call and arrange something with disney.. but sorry man they wont do anything to help u really. I would say take her to take a picture with pluto and kind of lean over and ask pluto to hold the ring so when ur done with the pic u can get on one knee and pluto can hold out the ring... just a thought

Comment

:yea: YAY!!!

My fiance actually proposed to me in Disneyland back in April and it truly was a dream come true. He did call Disneyland to see if it was possible to get characters to help out and they said it could be arranged with a bit of work, but in the end he decided he wanted it to be all him. He did it in front of the castle saying he wanted a castle picture. He pulled a photopass cast member aside to take our picture and then got down on one knee. Don't worry about other people being a distraction or getting in the way. It took me quite a while to realize that by the end a bunch of people were around (respectfully waiting as to not get in our or the photopass people's way) and that we had amassed two more photopass castmembers and everyone clapped at the end.

If you have any other questions about our experience let me know. Best of luck and have fun!

Comment

You could always buy a Pluto plush toy, or some other Pluto item, and have the ring be on it somewhere? That or try calling ahead of time and see if there is something Disney can do to help you out. If that is what you want, of course.

I would personally skip the castle seeing that it is always so crowded, especially during the holiday season. I would try a more out of the way spot or do some investigating and find her favorite spot in the park. I'm sure a proposal would make it a permanent favorite spot.
                    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Do you have a Disney Visa Card? Sometimes their meet and greet is Pluto - you may want to check on that as it gets close as the Visa Meet and Greet is definitely much more "Intimate" than anything else in the park open to the public.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X