Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Disneyland hotel worth the price?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is the Disneyland hotel worth the price?

I have stayed at both Harbor Blvd motels and at the Grand Californian.

I can tell you that the Disney property was fastidiously clean. The other locations, consistently not.
    --
    http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

I always stay on property and since the renovations always at Disneyland Hotel. If you have children it is a great place to stay. Easy to get to for a mid-day nap/break, the renovated pool is excellent with water slides that the kids really like and as others have said, you never feel like you are leaving Disneyland. It is expensive but I think if you can afford to stay there it really enhances the experience. Finally, we used to stay at Grand California but since the renovations I think that Disneyland Hotel is just as nice for about $100 less per night.

Comment

It's also been a dream of mine to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. Anyone know of any good discount sites for hotel prices? I'm about to drop an arm-and-a-leg on four Premium Annual Passports and can't quite justify to my wife spending $400+ per night for two nights there. Any ideas? We've already stayed at the various hotels/motels on Harbor. This is more of a "Disney Experience" thing for me.

Comment

It's a matter of personal preference, to be honest.

I stayed there in the early 90s when my parents were both working and I remember it being about $200-$250. Stayed for 2 nights. It's really nice, to say the least. Of course, this was when the Lion King Parade was going on...don't remember which year this was...maybe '94?

Anyways, unless you're cash strapped and want a memorable experience, I would say yes. If you can't, there's always the Motel 6 off Disney Way which isn't bad it's definitely a good value considering I almost stayed at the Ramada off Harbor before Ball (lots of complaints for that one). I stayed at that recently for a mini-weekend visit to Disneyland this past summer but...like I said, it's all about personal preference.

If you get a nice return this tax season and can spare it, then do it
          As of 6/15, Merida is now my favorite Princess...Sorry, Cinderella. Thanks for the memories.

Disneyland AP Holder since 2012
          Check me out on Instagram: instagram.com/elimprocess#

Comment

I must say I find it hard to spend an arm and a leg for a room I will not use, Bruce and many others hit it on the head. I have shopped around till I could get a really discounted room at the paradise pier like you mentioned. The 165 a night was well worth it just for Fe ambiance, the view "pre DCA-expansion" was so nice you don't want to sleep. My next goal is the Disneyland hotel which is acceptable but I don't know how I will live with myself even paying a discounted room rate there. I could live with it being a special engagement or a time you want to spend most of your time in the room, lobby bar pool etc. great answers from everyone I will use all the info for my own research. Please let us know what you choose. Safe travels.

Comment

It boils down to this. If you want to enjoy the experience, make sure you set aside the money, and then have fun. The hotel is best if you actually use it. Go to the park in the morning, go back and swim for awhile, then go back to the park at night. Use the facilities and savor the offerings of the hotel. Know your costs upfront, and accept them. If you can't afford it, then wait for a different trip. I haven't stayed at the hotel for many years, but we'd like to take our family members ( a lot of them ) for a few days just to have a fun time together. If you walk through the Disneyland Hotel, and Downtown Disney, you see it all blends together ... and its a total experience. Just be sure its affordable, and then do it with no regrets !

Comment

Originally posted by GrampaTim View Post
                It boils down to this. If you want to enjoy the experience, make sure you set aside the money, and then have fun. The hotel is best if you actually use it. Go to the park in the morning, go back and swim for awhile, then go back to the park at night. Use the facilities and savor the offerings of the hotel. Know your costs upfront, and accept them. If you can't afford it, then wait for a different trip. I haven't stayed at the hotel for many years, but we'd like to take our family members ( a lot of them ) for a few days just to have a fun time together. If you walk through the Disneyland Hotel, and Downtown Disney, you see it all blends together ... and its a total experience. Just be sure its affordable, and then do it with no regrets !

We were just there and this is excellent advice, if you got the wallet and want complete Disney immersion, DLH is it. The remodel is beautiful, many places to look and investigate.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X