Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Two Years Olds Need FastPasses?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Do Two Years Olds Need FastPasses?

    My two year old is almost three and nearly 42 inches tall. Since he is under three, he will not have a ticket to enter the park. If the rest of my family were to use a FastPass on Space Mountain, would there be any issue with the two year old joining us even though he won't have a FastPass as we won't have a ticket?

    I've looked for age restrictions on rides on Disneyland's website but do not see any.

    For the record, I don't think it will be an issue. My wife does, though.

  • #2
    Re: Do Two Years Olds Need FastPasses?

    I would think so if he's taking a seat on the ride...if he's trying to walk through the FastPass line II would think they'd want a ticket for him.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Do Two Years Olds Need FastPasses?

      2 years old is way too young to be riding. Isn't there a height limit anyways?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Do Two Years Olds Need FastPasses?

        Without entry media, how would you even get a fast pass distributed?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Do Two Years Olds Need FastPasses?

          If he's reaching the height requirement, he can get on, but wow, that seems like a scary choice for a little one... lots of jerking around for such a little developing body.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Do Two Years Olds Need FastPasses?

            Guest under 3 don't need FPs.
            Be Cool Stay in School!
            Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Do Two Years Olds Need FastPasses?

              Originally posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
              If he's reaching the height requirement, he can get on, but wow, that seems like a scary choice for a little one... lots of jerking around for such a little developing body.
              Haunted Mansion Holiday offers Fast Passes (I think?) and isn't really a scary or rough ride.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Do Two Years Olds Need FastPasses?

                Originally posted by M82A1A View Post
                My two year old is almost three and nearly 42 inches tall. Since he is under three, he will not have a ticket to enter the park. If the rest of my family were to use a FastPass on Space Mountain, would there be any issue with the two year old joining us even though he won't have a FastPass as we won't have a ticket?
                You might want to make sure you carry a copy of his birth certificate, as 42" is way above average for a 36mos old. He won't need a FP, but expect cast members to ask about it and you will have to explain he is just a very tall 2yo.
                If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Do Two Years Olds Need FastPasses?

                  My son was tall enough at 2 and 1/2 (36 months) to ride pretty much everything but wasn't mentally ready for it. I also took his birth certificate in case we ran into any issues at the turnstiles but I had no problems our whole trip. We never took him on anything that had FP and I never really thought about it. I'd just call and ask, especially if in fact they are strictly enforcing FP rules. (i'm sorry i don't have a number for you, but i'm sure someone here knows which one you can call!)

                  Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Do Two Years Olds Need FastPasses?

                    Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
                    Haunted Mansion Holiday offers Fast Passes (I think?) and isn't really a scary or rough ride.
                    I think he was referring to the Space Mountain example.
                    Make sure that he is not nearly 42 inches, but that he is at least 42 inches. There are height restrictions for a reason. Even if a CM doesn't catch his lower height, it is partly your responsibility to ensure his safety.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Do Two Years Olds Need FastPasses?

                      Yep no fastpass required
                      Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come:yea:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Do Two Years Olds Need FastPasses?

                        Originally posted by the mermaid View Post
                        I think he was referring to the Space Mountain example.
                        Make sure that he is not nearly 42 inches, but that he is at least 42 inches. There are height restrictions for a reason. Even if a CM doesn't catch his lower height, it is partly your responsibility to ensure his safety.
                        Space Mountain is only a 40" requirement.
                        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Do Two Years Olds Need FastPasses?

                          Was space mountain just an example, or do you plan on actually having him ride? because that was a scary ride for most 4 and 5 year olds I've met.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Do Two Years Olds Need FastPasses?

                            Here's some recommendations from a different site. Even with the proper height requirements met, other precautions should be taken.

                            Keeping Kids Safe on Roller Coasters and Other Thrill Rides - Child & Adolescent Development Overview

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Do Two Years Olds Need FastPasses?

                              Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
                              Space Mountain is only a 40" requirement.
                              Whoops! I should've checked my facts on that one.
                              But yeah, OP, as the others said, I don't think you would need a fast pass as he doesn't have a ticket. However, still be cautious... although he meets the height requirement, he is still very young, and his body is still rapidly developing. I advise you to double check the rides you'd like him to go on to make sure that there's no risk for his safety.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X