Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones Adventure ride video in December, 1997.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Indiana Jones Adventure ride video in December, 1997.

Indiana Jones Adventure is going to reopen on December 7!

I'd wanted to share this old goodie. Now let's watch this old video of the famous attraction which opened for 2 years! See all the effects, sound, and motion working well. The old Indy AA figures and the old snake were there at that time until replaced. The old snake lashed more than once, let's hope the refurbished one can do the same.

Last edited by LangenFox; 11-25-2012, 01:17 AM.

Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
    Save
    Sav

Re: Indiana Jones Adventure ride video in December, 1997.

oh pre-HD days haha.
    but whoa this is cool. i didn't know the lines that Indy said were different back then.

Comment

So many different sound effects... and effects that no longer exist. :o FIX IT

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
      ~

Comment

Now that is how I love to remember Indiana Jones. Hopefully the refurb fixes and/or updates everything that desperately needs it.
        Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

It's like a whole new ride!

Now I truely hope Disney will restore Indy to the former glory that is in this video.

Comment

The opening shot makes me miss the old entrance to Adventureland
            Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

So what are some things in this video that I am no longer able to see anymore? I dont remember seeing the effect @ 3:00. Can anyone point out some other effects that dont work anymore?

Comment

Fastpass has really ruined the queue experience of this awesome ride. Instead of slowly exploring the inside of the Temple, you’re rushing through most of it.

Comment

Great video! Even at that quality, I still noticed amazing effects in the ride that have long been defunct. I hope IJA rises to its potential after this refurbishment!

Well the queue experience is still there, you could just always take your time in the temple and let people pass you Fastpass is just a convenience for people that plan ahead, and wouldn't mind missing out on the story build-up created by the queue.
                  .:: ::.

Comment

watching that video doesn't make me miss the lines I love FP lol
                    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                    My company had a special night at the park
                    WdW trip report with WWoHP
                    NYE 2011 trip report
                    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                    Leap year 24 hour report
                    New DCA trip report
                    NYE 2012
                    HKDL trip report

Comment

Can't wait to check it out in two weeks.
                      Hopefully, there's some new special effects/improvement.

Here's my HD POV without night vision where you can almost see everything.
                      Last edited by SoCalbma; 11-25-2012, 04:37 PM.
                      My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
                      http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

Other than the weak snake strike, what are the differences? I know it was much more intense when it opened but does someone have a list of missing effects?

Comment

Well I noticed an explosion towards beginning that I've never seen before..

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                          ~

Comment

There was a lot more effects in the bridge room as well. I do have one question where was the ice room?

Comment

No air gates at the loading area for thunder, oh the days when people watched their kids

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

Comment

Originally posted by UnderCvrDisneyGeek View Post
                                So what are some things in this video that I am no longer able to see anymore? I dont remember seeing the effect @ 3:00. Can anyone point out some other effects that dont work anymore?
                                Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
                                I know it was much more intense when it opened but does someone have a list of missing effects?
                                Originally posted by Jungle Skipper View Post
                                I do have one question where was the ice room?
                                Right after you pass the first Indy AA and you see the bridge (@ 3:00 like UnderCvrDisneyGeek said) is where the ice effect was. You'll see the light shoot out and hit the ceiling above the car and then you'll see the falling debris.

Comment

Originally posted by CastMember 02 View Post
                                  oh the days when people watched their kids
                                  Exactly. These days I get an average of 5 strollers rammed into my shins by some 4-year old treating it like it's a race car and parents just stand there and stare at them.
                                  Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Really looking forward to see what they did in there on my trip in a couple of weeks

IJA was my favorite, and it was sad the state they ran it into before the refurb.
                                    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                                    -Dr. Strange

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X