This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] help with walking distances DGC vs DLH

I've tried to get this pictured in my mind from various maps & lists, but unfortunately I'm 'linearly-challenged' and really have trouble converting numeric distances into a 'how far is this' in my head. Tell me "oh it's 1/2 mile' you may as well tell me it's 100 miles. I just can't picture it.

What I'm trying to figure out is how much farther it is to walk via DTD from the Grand to the DLH. We've always stayed at the Grand, so I know in my head how far the walk is to the main gate. I'm thinking of staying at the DLH and am trying to figure how much farther I'll have to walk. So, using as a frame of reference the distance from the DGC entrance to DTD to the main gate; what is the distance from the DGC entrance to DTD to the Mickey Hat at the DLH? Same distance (so it would be twice the walk from the Hat to the Plaza)? Twice as far (so the walk would be 3x the walk from the DGC)? 1/2 as far? HELP!

I know that the walk to a room at the DLH will be farther than the Mickey Hat, I'm just trying to figure out a baseline. My dumb ankle still hasn't completely healed so I'm trying to figure if the lower price at the DLH will be worth the extra walking I'll have to do. I know I'll be able to take the monorail at times or use the DGC entrance to DCA, but will still have to walk to the main entrance for EMH and/or DCA.

Thanks!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Re: help with walking distances DGC vs DLH

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
    what is the distance from the DGC entrance to DTD to the Mickey Hat at the DLH? Same distance (so it would be twice the walk from the Hat to the Plaza)? Twice as far (so the walk would be 3x the walk from the DGC)? 1/2 as far? HELP!

Whew, ok...you've thoroughly confused me but I'll bite...

Ok, lets start at Grand Californian Lobby

You are standing facing the registration stations in the lobby with back towards the xmas tree.

Go through the double doors to the drop off zone where the bell hops take your luggage.

Take a left from their and follow the path to Disneyland Drive. From here you should see/hear DCA (the section of DCA where Goofy's Sky School) on your left and see Paradise Pier Hotel in front of you.

Cross the street then make a right through the turnstiles for the Paradise Pier Parking lot. You should see Disneyland Hotel right in front of you

Another right and you walk straight through to the Mickey Hat.

I would say that route above is a bit of a walk more than from Grand Californian through DTD (past World of Disney store) to the front gates.

I would say from the Hat to the Plaza, it's 3x as much as from Grand Californian to the Plaza because you have to walk all through DTD.

However, you can take the Monorail which is just a hop skip and jump away from the Hat.

Gosh I hope I made sense and didn't sound like a do-do.
    Last edited by clara; 11-26-2012, 10:01 AM.

Ta Da!

Comment

The Disneyland Hotel is a further walk than the Grand Californian. The DLH is situated past the AMC Theater and the ESPN Zone. Compared to the GC it's not super far, but if your ankle is hurting, it might make a difference.

Here is an overview from Google Maps:

Disneyland Resort, South Harbor Boulevard, Anaheim, CA - Google Maps

Right next to the Adventure Tower is where the large Mickey Sorcerer hat is. So you can kind of figure from there to the main entrance plaza how long of a walk it would be for you as opposed to the GC.

Comment

It's about 2x as far to the DLH. Time wise it takes about 2x-3x as long depending on what rooms you compare.
        Be Cool Stay in School!
        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Well it is a longer walk, it is pleasent as DTD is very vibrant at night, but if you have mobility issues it could be tough.
          I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

Depending on what room in the GCH you are staying in, it could actually be the same as walking to the DLH. Learned that one the hard way. From the turnstiles to the entrances to the hotels, DLH is farther by a noticeable amount and easily 5 minutes additional walk time.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Here`s a link to Googles Pedometer gmap-pedometer.com Type Disneyland into search and zoom in.

I`m sure there are others. Flynnibus posted one some time ago that measured in feet

Comment

Thanks to all who responded, especially swampy for the estimate & Jerry for the tool to confirm it. It is indeed almost twice as far from the plaza to 'the Hat' as to the DGC entrance. Hmmm, the DGC just may be worth the $$$.
                "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

If you stay at or near the North East wing of the GCH there is a staircase , SO5, that lets you exit right at the Security Check tents. You can use the staircase to exit but can`t enter the hotel thru it

Comment

Originally posted by Jerryp49 View Post
                    If you stay at or near the North East wing of the GCH there is a staircase , SO5, that lets you exit right at the Security Check tents. You can use the staircase to exit but can`t enter the hotel thru it

Yep, we discovered those staircases when we were there in Sept. We used one by our 'garden view' room (SO2, I think) that opened up in the 'patio' near the Grand's DTD entrance. Not as close an exit to the checkpoint as SO5, but it would have been a farther walk to access SO5, as we would have had to walk from our room all the way back by the lobby past the elevators and then all the way around to the other side of the floor to access S05.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X