This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] January Refurb Schedule

I just found a rehab schedule that has Big Thunder, Splash Mountain and Small World down for the same time period in January. Does this look correct? It was posted on Mouse for Less.

• Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closed for a major refurbishment from January 7 through October 30, 2013.
    • Splash Mountain will be closed for refurbishment from January 22 through February 14, 2013.
    • will be closed for refurbishment from January 22 through February 28, 2013.

I just booked airlines tickets for Jan. 30- Feb 3rd. I knew Big Thunder and Grizzly River Run were closed and I assumed Small World would be down for part of the time, but the Splash Mountain and extended Small World dates surprised me. Any chance this is not valid info?

Re: January Refurb Schedule

It's correct. Between the Holidays and Spring Break is the slowest time of year(except the week of President's Day), and that's when more and the biggest refurbishments take place.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Thanks. I realized it is a common time for refurbishments, but I was still surprised that both water rides would be down simultaneously and that Small World was down for so long. I also couldn't find any discussion of these refurbishments on the forums. I guess that is the price we will pay for short lines?

Comment

Does anyone know what exactly is being refurbished in depth? New AAs? I would like to know please.
        Always read the fine print.

Comment

Small World recieves a Holiday ovelay, Haunted Mansion has a overlay that spans Halloween and the overlays. Since HM has thiers longer its is removed right after the Holidays end, then Small World after HM reopens.

It's not too unusual for Splash and GRR to close during this period, because it's the coldest and wettest time of the year. It can be a bummer if it's a nice day, but these attractions are least popular during that time.
          Be Cool Stay in School!
          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Looking at prior years schedules it appears as though Small World is usually just shut down for 10 days or so to remove the overlay, do you think it will really be closed for over 1 month?

Comment

Yes. They could be taking the opportunity to fix things that need to be fixed.
              Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
              :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X