Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a single favorite day at Disneyland -- EVER?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Do you have a single favorite day at Disneyland -- EVER?

Just curious if anyone else shares a memory of a single "perfect" day?

I remember one. It was February 1980. Yes, I remember that far back. My father took my best friend and me to the annual shareholder's meeting, which started around 9 a.m. Around 11 a.m., we left and went to Disneyland. It was POURING rain and very cold, but if there were 5,000 people in the park, I'd be surprised.

We went on Space Mountain, Adventures Thru Inner Space, Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder -- all the major attractions. I do remember the sun coming out around 2 or 3 in the afternoon and taking Super 8 film of it, it looked so beautiful. I didn't have a sound movie camera, but later I recorded some Disney music and created a little music video.

Characters were out, there were literally no lines on ANYTHING, we could walk right on. It was like that the whole day, and then around 6 p.m., we went home -- and here we are 32 years later and I still remember that vision of a "perfect" day at Disneyland!

Re: Do you have a single favorite day at Disneyland -- EVER?

My first visit. I was 10, family vacation. It was part of a two week road trip. It was magic. I feel that every time I pass under the bridge.

Comment

Before marriage: 1975. I flew down from Eureka to spend a weekend with my family and I wanted to go to Disneyland. It would be the last time we went as a family for the once a year visit. I felt like a kid again even though I was at Humboldt State. It was a nice end to a wonderful tradition.
      I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

My favorite day at Disneyland ever is any day I'm there. If I'm there, it's perfect.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Actually just a couple months ago, I had one of the best days I've ever had at Disneyland. The crowds were low, and we got to ride the Lilly Belle (thanks to one amazing CM), the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain, and walk on every ride we wanted. It was just... perfect. Everything worked out, and I was with the love of my life.

Every trip I take, I try to make the best trip ever. While I'm there, it usually feels like it is!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
          KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Wow it would be hard to pick!! I remember perfect moments, and there were always some every day so it would be hard to choose just one.
            ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

Comment

2006. I was on vacation alone, and I'd unfortunately showed up at DLR on a very busy day. In frustration I went over to DCA instead. When I came out of the Tower of Terror (I was still riding it at the time) I wanted a lanyard with a laminate in the gift shop. I stood there for a good five minutes and I finally thought "wait, maybe I don't need this right now" and left.

Less than 30 minutes later, as I was leaving Monsters, Inc., I was handed a Dream FastPass...a laminate. There were actually two, one for each park, with FastPasses for every single ride that used them. I could use my park ticket for FPs as usual, too, so I spent the rest of the day blissfully bopping from ride to ride in both parks. I did just about every ride in both parks and was there for about 14 hours.

Close second: last year when a good friend came down to visit, and we spent the day at Disneyland having a lot of silly fun.
              Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

KellyMcG86

I absolutely agree. I am also fortunate that my hubby loves Disneyland as much as I do. That makes it more special.

Comment

every time i go it's my favorite time, but in hindsight, the day i remember the most clearly and fondly was a day from my trip back in 2008. my best friend and i roadtripped down from northern california for our graduation trip. i hadn't been in twelve years, so i was worried i might not like it...oh my god! what a dumb assumption!

we bounced between all the rides and i saw dca for the first time and i wore classic disney ears the entire day. it was surprisingly not busy for a day in august, and somehow they always needed two more people on the ride, so we were always pushed to the front. i remember seeing fantasmic! for the first time and almost crying. we ended the day eating pizza in bed in our hotel.

it was the most magical trip.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

My boyfriend had always been a Disney hater. I guess a person hears too many bad stories about the "evil corporation next door" (thanks a lot, OC Weekly) and it sucks the magic out of Disneyland. After moving down here to SoCal, I could never get him to go to Disneyland with me, even after I started getting annual passes with my mom. Over the years, his Disney hatred softened, and we even went together once, but he still refused to get an annual pass, even if I offered to pay. I had to figure out a clever way of getting him to accept an annual pass as a gift.

So, Christmas Day, 2010, I treated my mom and boyfriend to dinner at the Napa Rose. As I had arranged, we each exchanged one small gift after our meal. I gave my boyfriend a photobook, which he loved, but it was just a ruse. Inside the book, I had tucked an annual pass. He lit up like the proverbial Christmas tree when he saw it. "You mean we could go right now??"

We went straight to the old AP processing center and he got his picture taken. After that, we rode a few rides. We were only there for a few hours (I think we left Napa Rose at 10pm), but it was so great to see my boyfriend so excited to be in Disneyland, and to know there would be many more visits in the future.

For the record, he adores Disney now and has continued to renew his pass.
                    Last edited by The First Star; 11-27-2012, 09:37 AM.
                    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

I TOTALLY agree with mycroft16!!

Comment

The perfect day would have to be back on September 11th 2010 (yes i know not a great day in history but it just happened to land that way) It was my last day there for that trip and I got to first ride in the nose of the red monorail with the the operator then I went to main street and waited and got to ride in the Lilly belle, and then finally got to go into the pilot house of the mark twain...after a fantastic dinner at the cafe Orleans we sat for fantasmic! It was a perfect day in Disneyland!

Now if you were to ask me a single perfect moment would have to have been a couple weeks ago on November 14th...dad and I were lined up on Main Street watching the Christmas fireworks wrapped up in the moment and then it started to snow....it was like I was 5 years old again with my daddy. I wrapped my arms around him from behind as he was sitting in his wheelchair and started crying.. It was just magic and to see all the kids just grabbing on to their parents and basically doing the same thing, I just can not express the feelings that surged through me. I am sitting here welling up in tears just thinking about it...

Disney=Magic...I am 25 and I hope I never lose the love of the magic and the love for a mouse....sorry I kinda rattled on and went off topic.
                        My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
                        Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
                        "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
                        ~* Uncle Walt *~
                        2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

Comment

On my first trip, when I was quite a bit younger. My parents took my two younger sisters and I, my littlest sis was an infant, so one of them had to sit out with her. My mom had been taking us on all the rides, but then my dad decided to go with us... on dumbo and the tea cups. Both of us rode with him, and he is 6'5 it was squished, very squished. Funny pictures as evidence.

My sister also got her head stuck in the bars at dumbo on that day. I'll never forget that.

That was also the first time I saw the mainstreet electrical parade!!! It was so exciting.... Best day of my young life!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bisforbrittney View Post
                            we ended the day eating pizza in bed in our hotel.
                            Ever since I discovered a local pizza place that delivers to the hotel we always stay at, this has been a tradition of ours. I LOVE ending the day like that!

Originally posted by RemainSeatedPlz87 View Post
                            I wrapped my arms around him from behind as he was sitting in his wheelchair and started crying.. It was just magic and to see all the kids just grabbing on to their parents and basically doing the same thing, I just can not express the feelings that surged through me. I am sitting here welling up in tears just thinking about it...
                            Well, you got me welled up, too! That is a beautiful moment, thank you so much for sharing.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                            KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

My favorite day would be when I was roughly 5 or 6. I was sitting on Main Street putting on my new tinker Bell make up waiting for the Christmas parade and a cast member ask my mom and I if I wanted to light the Christmas tree on main street. When it was time merlin the magician called by name. I walked up and waved his magic wand at the tree and it lit. I thought I was the most special kid in the world. The he handed me the fattest ans tallest candy cane I have ever seen to this day. Of course caring my special candy cane through the park was hard and it broke. Since I was little I started to cry. Snow White saw me and asked what was wrong. I showed her my candy cane and she worked some Disney magic and came back with a new candy cane. Ever since I got to light the Christmas tree I was a Disney fan for life. When I turned 16 my mom got me my first annual pass. I was more excited about my annual pass to Disneyland then my Driver’s License. Disneyland is truly a magical place.

Comment

I have had so many perfect days at Disneyland it's hard to pinpoint just one. On Opening Day I remember hearing Walt Disney's welcome speech at the gate by the old parking lot, lost in a sea of grown ups, at my dad's side. I remember feeling the magic as I walked into Fantasyland, alone, the first person to ride Mr. Toad, as my dad and the adults went to Frontierland for Walt's introduction. But the best time I ever had was singing, "Zippy Do Dah" with the Jazz Band in New Orleans Square, and having the audience give me applause. I still cherish the bead necklace the lady singer gave me that day. I was also able, despite a taxing hemodialysis session, to be there on the Opening Day of Cars Land. It was fun walking through a gauntlet of Disney executives welcoming us all to the park.

Comment

I guess my single favorite day at Disneyland would have to be from this summer, when I got to take my best friend who had never been to Disneyland before.
                                  It was amazing, being able to show her around and share everything I've learned on Micechat with her.
                                  I look forward to the day when I can take her during the Holidays!

Comment

Well that's simple to answer really...

My first (And so far only) birthday spent at Disneyland. 'Twas my single most favorite day out of all my visits.

Total Tender Rides: 20
                                    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
                                    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
                                    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

It's so hard for me to choose.

The first I can remember is seeing Walt Disney in the parade riding his car with the steering lever. Later I saw it parked, along with the parade floats, from the Swiss Family Treehouse on the cleared (but not yet excavated) land for NO Square.

Next would be my first ride on Small World--we lived two miles due South of the D'land Hotel and went to the park on Twilight admissions. I rode it with my parents and then they gave me three Magic Key (any ride) tickets to ride whatever I wanted--so I rode Small World three more times!!! I was enthralled by the scale of the thing.

Next would be my first day as a Disneyland cast member--even though I was only a lowly busboy on Main St. (and not very good)--I was so proud to finally belong!

Then, after I went to work at Walt Disney World, I was back in CA for the Disney Stockholders' Meeting and afterwards went to Club 33 for the first time with David Mumford and Greg Brown.

Once, I got to see Elizabeth Taylor leaving Club 33. She was gorgeous.

I know it's not Disneyland, but my best Disney Moment was the week I got to announce the show on the castle stage at WDW--I got to do my best "Jack Wagner, Voice of Disneyland" voice live for four shows a day. I will never forget it.

More recently, I brought my fragile, elderly mother to the park for her birthday during the "birthday free" promotion. In her wheelchair and her frailty there were few things we could do. But I took her to lunch at Cafe Orleans and she had a Monte Cristo (her favorite) for the first time in many years. Right as we were seated, the Princess and the Frog celebration began with the "Second Line" procession down the riverfront and continued while we dined with the show on the Mark Twain, concluding with the Mickey beignet birthday dessert. It would have been absolutely perfect, except that the wheelchair lift at Tiki Room was broken and Mr. Lincoln had not yet reopened. But she had a truly magical day and I am so grateful for it.

Earlier this year, at the preview for Voices of Liberty in the Opera House I was seated next to Meg Crofton and George Kalogridis and got the meet them both. When I was a boy it was inconceivable to me that Disneyland could ever have an openly gay President so this was a wonderful moment.

Most recently I have returned to work at the resort and have had some truly moving encounters with guests that have touched me to my very core. One left me speechless. Unfortunately, I'm reluctant to be more specific as I feel I should remain anonymous with respect to my employment at Disney.

Yes, Disneyland has been a HUGE part of my life. I have a wealth of memories and it's hard to pick one. But they have been among the most important in my life. Oddly enough, I've never ridden the Lily Belle or seen Walt's apartment over the Fire Station, and I still hope to anounce over the PA at Disneyland someday. But I have so many incredible memories, and I'm so very, very grateful.

Comment

My perfect, favorite day wasn't too long ago:

Taking my mom to Disneyland, instead of her taking me. Back when I was young, she would have always taken me to the parks, one of the main reasons for my love for Disneyland. As I got older, we went less and less, and never went together. It wasn't until recently when our schedules allowed for a trip, and I had to money to provide. So my brother and I paid for all the expenses and took my mother to Disneyland. It was such a special emotion that my brother and I felt, the money didn't even matter anymore. Throughout the whole day, I had this nostalgic sentimental sensation, knowing that I was once at this exact same spot with my mother years ago.

The roles had changed, since my mother has a bad knee, we had to rent a wheelchair which I pushed the entire day. It reflected how much she did for me back when I was on the stroller. I have been to the park numerous times before then, but never did it feel so complete and meaningful. Every ride became a trip to the past, and sight become a reminder of my childhood. Seeing my mom smile like a child was enough for the ticket price. So that was my perfect Disney day. I don't think anything could ever top this, but not as to say we can't have multiple favorite days.
                                        .:: ::.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X