Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

    Okay, this is delving into real minutiae here, but you'll see why it's meaningful to me in a minute. When Goofy's Gas Station recently reopened after whatever they did to it while it was behind renovation walls, one of the cars is now facing in the opposite direction. Here's how it's been for the past 10 years or so, as evidenced by these pictures of my son in it, then and now:



    Here's how it is now (photo taken Tuesday night):



    Do you think they meant to do this, or did someone reinstall it incorrectly?

  • #2
    Re: Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

    Looks like a "Goof" to me. The open side should be the non photographed side.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

      Originally posted by DJS View Post
      The open side should be the non photographed side.
      And that fact alone makes me think it was an install error.
      Props to Poisonedapples for the cool sig!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

        I'm just loving the time lapse pictures of your son..that is a cool thing and I may steal that idea! I love that he is wearing a hockey jersey in both. (my son starts ice hockey/skating lessons next week...)



        Well on the window in the background it does say "If we can't fix it...we won't..." and I guess they didn't?

        :lol:
        Last edited by clara; 11-29-2012, 09:46 AM.

        Ta Da!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

          i also agree that having the door facing the photographer is most likely a mistake.

          but i'm mostly commenting to say that the picture of your son from then and now is adorable! i love how it's the same little details, even in terms of his hockey jersey!

          "oh, i just love happy endings!"




          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

            Toon town is a bit crazy and having the entrance to the car so tight to the house could create a bit of an uncomfortable squeeze. Maybe it's just to get easier access.
            I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

            Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

            You know best :-)

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

              I'm thinking it's something having to do with ADA. This allows them to keep the car closer to the building yet allowing folks in wheelchairs to have easy access to the car.

              That's just a guess though.
              DisneyTwins
              Since May 2003

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

                Originally posted by Meville View Post
                Toon town is a bit crazy and having the entrance to the car so tight to the house could create a bit of an uncomfortable squeeze. Maybe it's just to get easier access.
                There is plenty of room between the gas station and the car door to get in more than comfortably. Although the ADA compliance theory makes a lot of sense.

                This photo is from 2005 (I think) - you can see how much room is the right side of the car between the gas station. However, the car is faced the same way it is now.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	23532495_MHZ8U.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	7347010
                Last edited by explodingboy; 11-29-2012, 09:08 AM.


                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

                  Interesting about the car facing the other direction previously. Maybe they purposely change the direction every once in a while.

                  For those who enjoyed the "then and now" photos, thanks for the nice comments. Here's another one we did that same day:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

                    Originally posted by MarkILIS View Post
                    Interesting about the car facing the other direction previously. Maybe they purposely change the direction every once in a while.

                    For those who enjoyed the "then and now" photos, thanks for the nice comments. Here's another one we did that same day:

                    Those pictures are so neat! It's crazy how the Kings jersey looks so much like the old Mighty Ducks colorway. Awesome!


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

                      Originally posted by clara View Post
                      I love that he is wearing the same hockey jersey too
                      Since we're talking about minutiae here, that isn't the same hockey jersey...it isn't even the same team.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

                        nevermind.....
                        Last edited by clara; 11-29-2012, 10:57 AM.

                        Ta Da!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

                          ..so the car is facing the wrong way.. .:unsure:



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

                            Originally posted by clara View Post
                            *sigh* fine...I actually meant that he was wearing a hockey jersey in both pictures making the pictures themselves similiar.

                            I'm sorry for being human...
                            Uh... he put a "wining" smilie in his post... I think he was being tongue in cheek and making a joke.... *wink* *wink*

                            And I think the ADA compliance makes sense. Although I can't see how they would get away with having it the other way for so long if that was the case.




                            Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


                            Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                            all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

                              The only GOOFY thing I see in the pictures is a Ducks jersey!!

                              And to the poster who said the color scheme is similar...an appointment with the eye doc is drastically needed. One jersey is the color of eggplant, and the other jersey is the color of Champions. Just sayin'....

                              #imisshockey #wholovesgreed #reyesporvida

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

                                Originally posted by clara View Post
                                *sigh* fine...I actually meant that he was wearing a hockey jersey in both pictures making the pictures themselves similiar.

                                I'm sorry for being human...
                                Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                                Uh... he put a "wining" smilie in his post... I think he was being tongue in cheek and making a joke.... *wink* *wink*
                                Yep.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

                                  i don't know about the car sitch, but it brings a smile to my face to see him in a kings jersey!!!

                                  go kings go!

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

                                    Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
                                    There is plenty of room between the gas station and the car door to get in more than comfortably. Although the ADA compliance theory makes a lot of sense.

                                    This photo is from 2005 (I think) - you can see how much room is the right side of the car between the gas station. However, the car is faced the same way it is now.
                                    Sure there is plenty of room with no one around, add a few kids, who may have an issue with manners or waiting and it becomes a perfect reason why I dislike toon town so very much.
                                    I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

                                    Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

                                    You know best :-)

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

                                      Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                                      I'm thinking it's something having to do with ADA. This allows them to keep the car closer to the building yet allowing folks in wheelchairs to have easy access to the car.

                                      That's just a guess though.
                                      Doubtful... you only need 36" for a path to be ADA compliant (and in some instances 24" is acceptable). The car is MUCH, MUCH more than 36" from the building.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Did they make a mistake in Toontown?

                                        Looks like a mistake.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X