This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] New Fantasmic for 60 years at Disneyland

Now I do like the aditions but just thinking out for the 60 year as mabye they could redo the show entirely like a reboot with effects like tokyo disneysea's fantasmic with new things but still using the stage it was on but with more fountains, new scene's excluding the dragon scene, new dragon, and a new ending with some original content and a new story.
    Comment.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Re: New Fantasmic for 60 years at Disneyland

Hmm...I'm interested in seeing some new additions to the show, but not necessarily a bunch of "theft" from DisneySea or Hollywood Studios respectively. To me, Disneyland's rendition, aside from being the original is not only the most superior of the bunch, but also the most memorable. The story especially is something that just has to stay. It's become such a classic amongst park guests that seeing it go'd be kind of a sort of a sad feeling. As a 90's kid, Fantasmic was just about everything awesome wrapped up in a little over twenty minutes at my favorite place thus far on earth. You can't take away that kind of magic.

I'm all for seeing new effects and maybe a new scene or two, just as long as the show isn't cut down in length or made politically correct in someway or form...whatever political incorrectness present in the show there is.
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

New dragon? We just got a new dragon 3 years ago. Honestly, I think Fantasmic is fine the way it is. There are other things in the park that I would like to see cleaned up for the 60th.(like Tomorrowland)

Comment

No way I like are the way it is. I've seen videos of Tokyo's and I hate there verison to me it's like WOC and I'm not a fan of that show either.
        To my respect from a Dodger fan.

Comment

Indeed. Tokyo's is far from being the perfect Fantasmic! Due to its timing in conception, it's naturally going to be more similar to World of Color. Whether that's a good or bad thing depends on the opinion of the viewer.
          "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

Originally posted by frollofan View Post
            New dragon? We just got a new dragon 3 years ago. Honestly, I think Fantasmic is fine the way it is. There are other things in the park that I would like to see cleaned up for the 60th.(like Tomorrowland)
            That is what I thought to. That we got a new dragon not to long ago.

Comment

fix TL first
              Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

It's still the best thing at Disneyland the way it is.

Comment

Really the only thing I would change is the Ursula segment. If the barge and the eels aren't coming back maybe they could use the new projection technology from Ghost Galaxy and make it look like Ursula's tentacles are wrapping around Tom Sawyer Island. It feels a little too World of Color the way it is now with a long Ursula water projection scene followed by a long Chernobog one.

Comment

No, I've seen a video of Tokyo's Fantasmic! and it looks horrid.

Comment

As far as Fantasmic technology, the only think that needs upgrading are the fountains. To my knowledge, they are original and the lights are still incandescent. At a minimum, they should replace them with LED light rings. I would also like to see some air powered jet nozzles like World of Color.

Comment

I'm not a Steve Davison fan...and I fear he has the monopoly on most Disney parks entertainment right now.

IMHO, the best two original-concept shows stand: Disneyland's Fantasmic! and Epcot's Reflections of Earth. Both Davison-free, also both Don Dorsey shows. Whatever happened to Don Dorsey anyway?

Comment

I will say that while the Tokyo version may not have the best segments, I love the effects (besides the dragon head) and I think that Disney Dreams in Paris is really well-done. Some projection-mapping on the island could be very cool if down right.
                          ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME :vogue:

Comment

What I would want for the 60th is for them to bring back the band that plays on the raft before Fantasmic!

Do not change the soundtrack to Fantasmic, it's perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by DJRed2000 View Post
                              As far as Fantasmic technology, the only think that needs upgrading are the fountains. To my knowledge, they are original and the lights are still incandescent. At a minimum, they should replace them with LED light rings. I would also like to see some air powered jet nozzles like World of Color.
                              Agree with this. After seeing WoC, F!'s fountains really look outdated. I really hope we see new stuff, but that would require draining the water and they just did that a couple of years ago. And I don't think TDA is too liberal with their money.

Originally posted by JM Disneyland View Post
                              What I would want for the 60th is for them to bring back the band that plays on the raft before Fantasmic!

Do not change the soundtrack to Fantasmic, it's perfect.
                              The one thing I do like about Tokyo F! is the ending where during the very last of the finale it says: "Imagination...Imagination..." "Imagination...Imagination..." whereas with CA F! it just has a beat. I like those parts equally in both shows though.

I also with the final battle between Mickey and the dragon was more epic as it is the movie with Prince Phillip. Right now she goes up, breathes fire, does her moves, then Mickey kills her. It would be nice it they took some ideas from Sleeping Beauty and had Mickey battle her some how. Not sure how much would be possible given the limited movements of the AA. Just needs a bit more action rather than just "You make you think you're so powerful, well this is my dream!" It's nice yea, but a little battle couldn't hurt IMO.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X