Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60 + year old tree falls into river

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

    Originally posted by chesirecat View Post
    There have been limbs falling off of trees in the past, but don't remember a tree falling over in the recent past.
    27 Disneyland visitors injured when tree topples | Amarillo.com | Amarillo Globe-News
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

    Comment


    • #42
      Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

      A falling tree once sheared the cupola off the caboose on the DRR...

      Comment


      • #43
        Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

        How can it be a 60+ year old tree? Was it an orange tree?

        But how do we know it was 60+ years old? How old were the trees when they were planted in 54/55?

        Comment


        • #44
          Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

          Originally posted by Mojave View Post
          How can it be a 60+ year old tree? Was it an orange tree?

          But how do we know it was 60+ years old? How old were the trees when they were planted in 54/55?
          Some were already decades old. Walt spent a tidy sum for older growth trees from around the state.

          Comment


          • #45
            Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

            Disney could make some extra money by selling the tree for logs. Lawyers could be working on that at this moment.
            I am old. But still love Disneyland.

            Comment


            • #46
              Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

              Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
              Disney could make some extra money by selling the tree for logs. Lawyers could be working on that at this moment.
              those would make great Christmas gifts.......
              :whistling
              Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

              Comment


              • #47
                Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

                Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
                Disney could make some extra money by selling the tree for logs. Lawyers could be working on that at this moment.
                If lawyers are working on anything at the moment, it's finding a way to sue for undue trauma for those on the Mark Twain that saw the tree fall.

                Comment


                • #48
                  Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

                  Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                  This wasn't the first old tree to fall at Disneyland Park, and others have already been removed.
                  oh really.. good to know!

                  Originally posted by Malina View Post
                  Don't trees generally become diseased or die before they fall, unless there's a storm that knocks them down?
                  yes.unless a storm knocks them down, really trees grow and grow and then they die and then they fall cause the roots don't take hold of the soil anymore, but there could be other causes as well. but the dirt could of been softened, and that will cause tree's to fall cause they have no way to hold on and down they go!



                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

                    Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                    If lawyers are working on anything at the moment, it's finding a way to sue for undue trauma for those on the Mark Twain that saw the tree fall.
                    Let's see. The three part checklist:

                    1. Insurance or assets - check
                    2. Liability - check, maybe
                    3. Major damages - d'oh!

                    Back to contract review and conference calls...
                    Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

                    Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

                    [None]
                    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

                      If a 60 year old Disney tree falls, and no one is around to hear it, what kindof sound does it make?

                      I'm guessing its a Goofy Fall. Yyaaaahhhhaaaahhooeeyyy
                      There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                      -Dr. Strange

                      Comment


                      • #51
                        Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

                        Originally posted by steamboatpete View Post
                        Let's see. The three part checklist:

                        1. Insurance or assets - check
                        2. Liability - check, maybe
                        3. Major damages - d'oh!

                        Back to contract review and conference calls...
                        3. Isn't the emotional trauma of seeing a tree fall enough these days?

                        Comment


                        • #52
                          Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

                          Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                          3. Isn't the emotional trauma of seeing a tree fall enough these days?

                          ?seriously? people get emotional trauma from that? im not judging i am just asking...



                          Comment


                          • #53
                            Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

                            Originally posted by Poisonedapples View Post
                            ?seriously? people get emotional trauma from that? im not judging i am just asking...
                            Someone who was on the Mark Twain will certainly claim some sort of psycological damages do to their "brush with death"

                            Comment


                            • #54
                              Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

                              Some of the trees were here before the park. Large trees are planted around the orange trees to protect then from wind. I saw it in a Disneyland documentary I watched. Some of the trees around the jungle cruse were already there too
                              Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come:yea:

                              Comment


                              • #55
                                Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

                                Originally posted by Trav1Disney View Post
                                Some of the trees were here before the park. Large trees are planted around the orange trees to protect then from wind. I saw it in a Disneyland documentary I watched. Some of the trees around the jungle cruse were already there too
                                Those would be the large eucalyptus trees to see behind the fire station on Main Street. I don't know if there are any elsewhere. I think the tree that fell was a pine tree, which isn't used as a wind break.

                                Incidentally, oranges weren't the only crop that was grown. There were also walnut trees as well. And the oldest tree in Disneyland is a palm tree near the JC, which is currently 116 years old.

                                Comment


                                • #56
                                  Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

                                  27 Disneyland visitors injured when tree topples | Amarillo.com | Amarillo Globe-News

                                  I was there the day the tree fell in 2001. I was standing outside of the Golden Horseshoe waiting for the next Billy show. The tree fell right on top of the popcorn stand near the River's edge. The daughter had just asked if she could have some popcorn and I told her no, wait until we are inside the Horseshoe. When the tree fell, instead of asking us to leave the area, castmembers directed us into the Horseshoe to see the Bill Hill show and locked us into the building. I went upstairs to talk to soundman, Bobby Davis and we watched from the balcony while they sawed up the tree very quickly. Frontierland was now closed, so when the show ended, they asked us to leave by the upstairs exit into the store next door. It was decided that the original pepper tree that fell was diseased. They talked about replacing all the pepper trees along the river edge at some point. Trees do fall there occasionally, so I am not surprised.
                                  A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. ~ Groucho Marx

                                  Comment


                                  • #57
                                    Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

                                    Originally posted by Poisonedapples View Post
                                    ?seriously? people get emotional trauma from that? im not judging i am just asking...
                                    I think this was intended to be a joke, however in the litigious society we live in now, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an actual thing.


                                    Comment


                                    • #58
                                      Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

                                      Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
                                      I think this was intended to be a joke, however in the litigious society we live in now, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an actual thing.
                                      people can be ridiculous... :lol:



                                      Comment


                                      • #59
                                        Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

                                        [
                                        Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                                        3. Isn't the emotional trauma of seeing a tree fall enough these days?
                                        QUOTE=explodingboy;1056876706]I think this was intended to be a joke, however in the litigious society we live in now, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an actual thing.[/QUOTE]

                                        Infliction of emotional distress as a basis for a lawsuit is an actual thing. You can sue for suffering just the emotional trauma of witnessing something, but there are elements to such a claim that this would not come close to meeting. For example, if you were traumatized by it because when the tree came down, it split your child's head in half, that would qualify.
                                        Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

                                        Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

                                        [None]
                                        The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

                                        Comment


                                        • #60
                                          Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

                                          Originally posted by steamboatpete View Post
                                          Infliction of emotional distress as a basis for a lawsuit is an actual thing. You can sue for suffering just the emotional trauma of witnessing something, but there are elements to such a claim that this would not come close to meeting. For example, if you were traumatized by it because when the tree came down, it split your child's head in half, that would qualify.
                                          Of course that would qualify, and I am completely aware this is a real thing. I am talking about the situation that occurred on the RoA where no one was injured. I could still see someone trying to sue for emotional distress. It's just the times we live in.


                                          Comment

                                          Get Away Today Footer

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X