This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Nov 20-24

Had a blast at DL with the family Thanksgiving week, lots of people there, but still pretty manageable with a little game plan. No real missteps at all during the trip, even got to go solo for part of Saturday while everyone else was Christmas shopping.

We spent the 19th at Universal; I had resisted the pleas of my family to stop there for a day or two for years. I finally caved in and took them. Except for Transformers, found the rides/attractions to be mediocre, and the best part of the tram tour was the Jimmy Fallon videos.

And why do you have to get wet on every single thing you go on?

Overall I am glad we went, we saw something different and had a good time at the City Walk the night we drove down-hmmmmmmmm Karl Strauss Brewery. We stayed at the Sheraton, very nice, close enough to walk, uphill, about 8 minutes to City Walk/Universal.

We left the park around 5, huge mistake. It took almost 2 hours to get to Anaheim.

We checked in to the Park Vue Inn on the 19th, right across the street from DL. Easy check in, rooms clean, unfortunately they didn’t have two adjoining room upstairs like I asked. It got a bit noisy towards the end of the trip.

Tuesday-Nov 20th
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

Re: Nov 20-24

Great TR so far. Sounds like good times! I love seeing people enjoying Disneyland with multiple generations of the family, really cool.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Love your photo perspectives!

Facebook me!
      Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Thanks for sharing. It sounds like you had a good time.
        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

nice trip report thanks

Comment

Those are great photos. The compositions and color are beautiful.

Comment

...thanks for the TR thus far....

Comment

Great photos!
                "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Comment

Thank you for sharing!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                  KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Originally posted by whitestrat View Post
                    Great TR so far. Sounds like good times! I love seeing people enjoying Disneyland with multiple generations of the family, really cool. [IMG]file://localhost/Users/clee/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image002.png[/IMG]

Thanks for sharing.
                    Thanks Whitestrat

Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
                    Love your photo perspectives!
                    Thanks Izzy

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                    Thanks for sharing. It sounds like you had a good time.
                    Thanks Calsig

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
                    nice trip report thanks
                    Thanks Rex

Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post
                    Those are great photos. The compositions and color are beautiful.
                    Thanks Bigcatrik

Originally posted by Treasure View Post
                    ...thanks for the TR thus far....
                    Thanks Treasure

Originally posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
                    Great photos!
                    Thank you

Originally posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
                    Thank you for sharing!
                    Thanks Kelly
                    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Wednesday-Nov 21

Pretty overcast this morning, a little chilly in my shorts. The security line was not as bad this morning. We got to the CA gates right as they opened at 7:30. I headed for the RSR FP line while everyone else headed toward the single rider line. I got in line by the Disney Junior Stage, not a few minutes later people were all the way around the street across from the Hyperion Theatre.

Talked to a few of the guys in line, one in front of me was from Washington, DVC owner, not sure if they get credit for getting others to sign up but I got that vibe. Guy behind me lived off the same street I did just a mile down the way, small world indeed. Line moved pretty fast once the clock struck 8. I believe I got to the FP machines in less than 20 minutes, return time at 1:05, and disconnected.

The rest of my family was all the way to the umbrella in the SRL, ride wasn’t running yet. I went through the exit and met them there. Turned out to be a short wait as the ride was racing along at 8:40. Twenty minutes later we had all gotten on our cars.

My daughter checking out the firetruck:

They all made their way to the three little pigs for some coffee n croissants’ while I headed to get us some FPs for Soarin. Man, needed a FP to get some coffee. Line was right at the door when they went in, took thirty minutes to get to the counter.

Hoping that everyone was still in Carsland,

we headed to Toy Story Mania. No such luck, 50 minute wait. About half way through the line I ducked out and grabbed some FPs for Screamin. I am going to need to get on this ride more often, my kids creamed me again.

My Mom wanted to go on Ariel so we made our way around the Pier. Fifteen minutes later we were on, she really liked the ride. Fumbling through the FPs I had I realized Screamin was also disconnected, so away I went. Other the TSM and Carsland, it didn’t really feel all that crowded.

We ambled over to Screamin. This was the first time my Son actually wanted to try it. Up until now, his biggest ride was SM. One time through and he was hooked, became his new favorite ride by the end of the trip. My Wife sat this one out as usual and took picks of us blasting off.

It was approaching noon, so we headed towards the wharf to get some snacks. We all shared some rice bowls, we had a 5:00 ressie at the Carthay later and didn’t want to get there full. Aladdin sounded good to everyone so off we went. We got there 30 minutes before the show and the lines were packed, we ended up way up top.

Great show as usual. I think all three main actors were different that any we had seen before. Miss the real flying carpet. Love the show, but I think I am ready for something new.

Everyone decided to head back to the room to relax and to change into big boy pants for dinner. I grabbed another set of FPs for Screamin and met them in the room. It sure is nice staying right across the street, but I think we will opt for somewhere with covered hallways next time, starting to get a little noisy outside.

I think my Wife was the only one that actually got a nap, too noisy for the rest of us. Our rooms were near the corner of the building and housekeeping set up camp right outside our rooms for several hours, of course only when were there trying to rest.

We all headed back to CA around 4. Decent crowd getting in to both parks, but not too bad.

We decided to use our FPs for Soarin, whoa, FP line was all the way out to Taste Pilot’s. We got through the line and off the ride in about 40 minutes. We went to check in at Carthay around 4:45 for out 5:00 ressie. Forty five minutes later we finally had a table, dang. Worth the wait though. Looks like a lot of the staff from the Napa Rose moved over here, we had the same server before over there, which was good, he was excellent.

We decided to stuff ourselves and get the WOC of tickets. We shared the biscuits and stuffed grape leaves for appetizers. Biscuits were good, small though. The entrees were outstanding.

My Wife had the short rib ravioli

my Daughter had the cavatelli pasta with lamb, my Mom had the same minus the lamb, my Son had the chicken schnitzel

and I had the rib eye.

The only complaint my Wife had was that there weren’t enough ravioli as we kept stealing them from her, we all agreed this was the best dish of the night, outstanding snap on the fresh pasta. Dessert was probably the weakest course, but still good. We shared the chocolate cake, brownie sundae, and apple strudel cheesecake.

We were all stuffed, decided to chill out on a bench across from the wharf and people watch for a while. We made our way to the WOC area around 7:30, it was packed. Both kids snagged spots near the front of our section to get a good view, the rest of us all hung out at the very back. We had an unobstructed view until right before the show started. My wife had to move to the side so she could see; she is just a shade over 5 feet tall. I stowed the camera so I could enjoy the show, never been able to get good shots of WOC anyways.

We waited out the crowd for a few minutes after the show ended, didn’t really make any difference. Huge bottleneck by the wharf to Carsland as they had people roped off for the next show. We moved on over to check out the single rider line for RSR.

Line was all the way out to the sign. Right as we got there it was announced that the ride was temporarily down. That cleared the crowd considerably in the SRL, which surprised us as the stopages have been pretty short, we moved up past the bridges. Twenty minutes later the ride was operational again, another 20 minutes and we were on. This ride is pretty spectacular at night with all of the lights on the rocks and the neon coming from the rest of the land.

My Wife and Mom were done for the night. The kids and I rode Screamin 3 times and called it a night around 10:30.

Comment

LOVE your pics!
                        For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

Wonderful pictures and tr - thanks

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by wiigirl View Post
                            LOVE your pics!
                            Thanks Wiigirl

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
                              Wonderful pictures and tr - thanks
                              Thanks Sorcerer's Apprentice

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X