Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Details on the new show in the Fantasyland Theater!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Details on the new show in the Fantasyland Theater!

I'll put my money on this being based on the Epic Mickey franchise because of the following:

a) Disney won't green-light attractions where the theme isn't based on or doesn't help promote one of it's recently established franchises.

b) It's the perfect opportunity to introduce Oswald to the resort. Since he is Mickey's co-star in both Epic Mickey I and II it's a given that he would have a major role in the new show which could lead to things like his own meet & greet.

c) It's also the perfect opportunity to introduce WDW's interactive park-exploration game "Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom" to the resort. The synopsis leaves the plot open to throw in an interactive scavenger hunt game where guests can help Mickey (and Oswald?) fix the mistakes he made throughout the park. Not to mention that Disney can sell magic paintbrushes to kids that are necessary to interact with the kiosks. Ka-ching!!
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Comment

Always nice to see some gender neutral offerings in the parks these days. Can't wait for this show since imo, mickey is somewhat underrepresented in the parks. He's a mascot with "some imagination" but...not much else. Would have preferred him to have his own ride though.
      In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

These shows have a bad reputation. Disney makes terrible original stage shows. Comparing this to something as epic and beautiful and WOC, is giving it waayyy too much credit. Of course, we won't know til we see it, but their stage shows are much better when based off of a film. Compare Spirit of Pocahontas, Beauty and the Beast Live and Hunchback Fesitval of Fools to some of the mindless original stuff they've created. They tend to get the most corny/cheesy, toddler level shows, they can half bake up. I'm glad the theatre is opening back up, as this will shut down ridiculous fan made rumors that it was being demolished, but it better be GOOD.

Comment

I am actually VERY excited about this!! I was never really one to care about seeing any shows while at DLR, but after seeing Aladdin a couple months ago, and really enjoying it, I'm trying to make it a point to catch more of their entertainment offerings. I'm just hoping this will be up and running before my AP expires!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
          KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Oh no. Please tell me this isn't going to be an Epic Mickey tie-in.

Comment

Sounds new and interesting
              sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicBear View Post
                Still wondering if they will find a way to darken or enclose the theater to better allow for video projections and lighting?
                Just looking at the current construction I would say no. It just looks like they are trying to bring it back to where it was before the princesses moved in.
                Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Sounds similar to Epic Mickey.
                  There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                  -Dr. Strange

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
                    These shows have a bad reputation. Disney makes terrible original stage shows. Comparing this to something as epic and beautiful and WOC, is giving it waayyy too much credit. Of course, we won't know til we see it, but their stage shows are much better when based off of a film. Compare Spirit of Pocahontas, Beauty and the Beast Live and Hunchback Fesitval of Fools to some of the mindless original stuff they've created. They tend to get the most corny/cheesy, toddler level shows, they can half bake up. I'm glad the theatre is opening back up, as this will shut down ridiculous fan made rumors that it was being demolished, but it better be GOOD.
                    Yeah, I have to say that when I was looking at Yesterland, it seemed like some of the shows were really cheesy. I mean, the writing was certainly biased, but it might have been a little too heavy-handed. It's also a lot easier to build off of something rather than start from scratch, leading to an over-all better production.

Comment

there is epic mickey merchandise
                      there is the game
                      NOW THE SHOW!!!!!!
                      Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

From the time I saw my very first stage show at Disneyland, "The Magic of Christmas" (circa 1979) to their last one, which was Snow White...An Enchanted New Musical, there have been many to see & experience. Some were odd and rather cheesy, but many were very enjoyable to watch and fall in love with. And coming from an era of the 80's when Disneyland used to give us several different stage shows throughout the year, I would say shows like, "Show Biz Is..." and "Disneyland Is Your Land" rank as tops in my book!

A time when "The Kids of the Kingdom" used to rule the stage with dancing & singing. When both the boys & girls looked clean-cut & wholesome, and when the girls wore flowing dresses and character shoes when they danced. When you could hear the music and sing to it, or tap your toes with the beat, without it sounding like rap or "house music". When the concept of the show was simple, yet very entertaining! I miss those days...a lot!

The premise of this new show that I just read sounds very interesting. But it's hard to judge something without really knowing more about it. It sounds like Animazement 2.0, which is fine, cuz I really did enjoy the original Animazement. I'm just hoping for a lot of musical dance numbers!! Only time will tell, but I'm still holding out hope that it will be amazing!

I just have to keep reminding myself that at least Disney is bringing this venue back to it's original form and using it as a stage show location.
                        DISNEYLAND IS YOUR LAND

Comment

Anymore details? Any confirmation on the title?
                          Teen Disneygeek and Fantasmic Fan waiting to go to DL and WDW

Comment

Holding my breath until something official is announced.

Comment

I was hoping for Tangled.....but this seems like it would make more sense....seems more for kids...then a stage show like Aladdin
                              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Sure does sound like Epic Mickey! Without the "Epic" part...
                                It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

ORWEN: Us Cauldron girls are very happy to hear that Disneyland will have stage shows again. We were actually there the day they started ripping up all those metal seats where the audience used to sit. This was in Sept of 2006 and we had also just seen the last performance of the Snow White stage show. When they turned it into a mostly meet and greet thing that didn't appeal to us at all. We're glad they're building an indoor meet and greet for princesses next to Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

ORDDU: Of course it would be so much nicer if they would enclose the theatre so it wouldn't have to compete with noises from the Disneyland Train station nearby. It can be so jarring to hear those train whistles while trying to enjoy a musical stage show. We had heard rumors that the stage would eventually be enclosed but now it seems it will not be.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X