Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland Resort, 11/17-11/19 Trip Report (long, but with photos) - Days 1 and 2

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Disneyland Resort, 11/17-11/19 Trip Report (long, but with photos) - Days 1 and 2

Trip Report
    Disneyland Resort
    Anaheim, CA
    Saturday, Nov 17th - Monday, Nov 19th, 2012
    You're new here, aren't you?
    So close, we can see it
    Don't worry, the hordes are on their way
    Cars Land, where cars are people and rocks are cars
    Not exactly fast enough to be blurry
    An old standby, and quiet enough to go standby
    Someone set the decorations to 11
    Someone looks excited to see World of Color
    Less a carousel of color and more a rainbow
    Here, in Mickey's imagination. Oops, wrong show
    Some lines are just too good to be stuck in a queue
    Respectable, if not respected
    Pretty sure Disney built the Grand Canyon
    He was on his own for a bit longer as Megan and I went to redeem our Racers Fastpasses, doing so in the actual redemption window, for a change. Once again the express access was more than worth the effort needed to secure it, and we were into the valley and up to the front of the line with a rather pleasant stroll. Really, we had to wait a bit once we merged with everyone else, but that time was spent taking in the splendidly adorned environment. They really did quite a terrific job with the rockwork, and the placement of the station in a faux cavern is completely convincing.

The blue car took a dive
    Audience big or small, these guys are doing a show
    Might as well just say, "Go back to the hotel"
    Only took until 12:30am to get some damn peace and quiet
    www.gregscoasterphotos.com <- Go there, it's good!

Re: Disneyland Resort, 11/17-11/19 Trip Report (long, but with photos) - Days 1 and 2

Very well laid out report..thanks!

This caption made me giggle..

Originally posted by sarki7 View Post
    Someone set the decorations to 11

Comment

Re: Disneyland Resort, 11/17-11/19 Trip Report (long, but with photos) - Days 1 and 2

great trip report! loving the details. makes me feel like i'm right there with you experiencing the days!

i noticed no mention of toontown on your visit... intentional? or maybe it's in day three... off to read that now!

Comment

Originally posted by clara View Post
        Very well laid out report..thanks!
        This caption made me giggle..
        Thank you! Considering the length, I *try* to keep it light - not to mention easy to follow. Glad you gave it a read.

Originally posted by tromo58 View Post
        great trip report! loving the details. makes me feel like i'm right there with you experiencing the days!

i noticed no mention of toontown on your visit... intentional? or maybe it's in day three... off to read that now!
        What a nice thing to say, that's exactly what I hope for. It definitely brings me right back to the park, and I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

As for Toontown, we considered it on our last day, but no one felt like making the schlep up there. It's either one trip and enduring standby, or two trips to get then use a Fastpass. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy Roger Rabbit, but just wasn't compelled to hit it this time around. I'm sure we'll get to it next time.

Besides, without kids in tow, it seemed smart to stay clear of the area considering the crowds. It can get crazy on even quiet days. :\

Hope you enjoy day 3!
        www.gregscoasterphotos.com <- Go there, it's good!

Comment

I've only gotten through day one. Thanks for so much detail. It's the kind of TR I usually write and they're underappreciated online.

Comment

I went there. It is good. But why does it say under Disneyland - last visited November 2008?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X