Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California Pizza Kitchen should sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] California Pizza Kitchen should sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta!

Disney is known to not have great pizza, and even though the flatbread pizzas found at Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta are a step above Red Rocket's pizza, they're still not amazing. So why not have CPK, a restaurant featuring great California-style pizza, sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta? It seems like it would be a great fit to me.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Re: California Pizza Kitchen should sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta!

Ok. Let's do it!

Comment

I agree

Comment

Booooooooooooo!

...that is my thoughtful contribution to this thread. In all seriousness, LOVE CPK, but it reminds me of the first time I saw a Panda Express inside Universal Studios I didn't just pay a crap tom of money to get into a park to buy what I can get at a mall food court. If a company like Disney can not produce a quality food on their own without the help and brand marketing of a national chain, they need to revisit their priorities!

Comment

While I wouldn't compare a food court item to CPK, a sit down restaurant, my biggest concern would be the price hike. If they can keep that the same, fine with me.

Comment

I agree with Darth Maul no Price Hike and it isn't comparable to a Food Court Item. Anyways this brings me back to the Idea of another post of mine aren't there more Californian Themed Food/Restaurant/Food Chains for example McDonald's,In-N-Out,Tommy's,California Pizza Kitchen, and um...Is that all we got? Research Time!
            Always read the fine print.

Comment

California Pizza Kitchen's pizza is not very good. Pretty much anything by a chain restaurant is lousy.

Comment

I'm generally not a fan of any outside food. Where would it stop? At some point, it would just be a blatant mall.

CPK sponsors all Pizza restaurants, In N Out sponsors all burger restaurants, Chipotle sponsors the taco places around the resort.

If you want CPK, go off property. If you want Disney food stay on property.

Comment

...my point being not that CPK is food court quality, cuz it is much better... but rather I don't believe any chain should be inside the parks.

Comment

I think that would be a good idea!
                    For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

I like their white pizza with bacon, and they have franchises in airports, which would work similarly, I suppose. I wouldn't mind. But I would point out McDonald's already was in the park when it opened, getting them back is unlikely right now.

Comment

Not for me. I love that they've developed a pretty diverse offering of food in the park and have been very happy with the lighter flatbread pizza offered at Boardwalk. If they want better pizza, let them figure out how to improve it themselves. They've shown that they are very capable of introducing very good food in the resort, especially with many of the newest offerings across both parks.

Comment

While CPK was once great, it's far from novel now. Pizza is very common and instead of saying which brand I like best, I'll just mention there is no widepsread favorite that people would prefere to eat in the park.

I'm happy with Disney having non branded dining and merchandise locations and if they want to deviate from that I'd prefer they don't use the brand name and the park location be very unique.
                          Be Cool Stay in School!
                          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

If they want to offer great pizza, let them bring out the pizza served at Via Napoli in Epcot. Absolutely amazing and probably in my top 2 or 3 favorite pizzas ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rave View Post
                              I'm generally not a fan of any outside food. Where would it stop? At some point, it would just be a blatant mall.

CPK sponsors all Pizza restaurants, In N Out sponsors all burger restaurants, Chipotle sponsors the taco places around the resort.

I guess a lot of people would leave. I find their food more like Quantity over Quality but most places are like that.
                              Always read the fine print.

Comment

Yuck. IMHO CPK pizza tastes like cardboard. It wouldn't be a step up, and I agree on the issue of branded dining. If someone's honestly dying for CPK they can find it elsewhere.
                                Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Originally posted by Rave View Post

I pretty much agree with this.

I tend to not like outside brands inside the park. Too bad Disney can't just serve better pizza.

Comment

There are a couple of CPK Express locations where the pizzas are premade instead of made to order. The quality is comparable.

That being said, no I don't want to see a third party pizza place in the park. I think the flatbreads are pretty good. My only problem with them is that they are not very filling for those with a larger appetite and BPP offer no sides besides a prepackaged side salad. Garlic break or breadsticks would be a welcome addition there and would go well with their other offerings (salads and pastas).

Comment

Originally posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
                                      I pretty much agree with this.

I tend to not like outside brands inside the park. Too bad Disney can't just serve better pizza.
                                      Well that is usually the choice. Good food, or exclusive food. Not both. Disney honestly rarely does good food themselves. Its usually OK at best. I say, if its well themed, subtle, and tastes good, why not? I think good food and themeing is more important than this principle of keeping outside vendors out.
                                      In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by stevek View Post
                                        If they want to offer great pizza, let them bring out the pizza served at Via Napoli in Epcot. Absolutely amazing and probably in my top 2 or 3 favorite pizzas ever.
                                        Completely agree with this. Napoli in Downtown Disney makes an outstanding pizza and is in very close proximity to the parks compared to some other Downtown Disney restaurants. You can even get pizza by the slice from the walk-up express side. Napoli blows away any pizza Disney serves and at a more reasonable price.
                                        Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X