Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

    With talk in the WDW Forum about Avatarland and how much they despise the Idea of it, I would like to know would you like an Avatarland in the future 3rd gate. Would you want Franchise Based lands in entirely in the land such as Star Wars Land, Ozland, Marvel Land etc. What do you want? What don't you want?
    Always read the fine print.

  • #2
    Re: Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

    I dislike the idea of a third gate altogether. Disney should focus on expanding Disneyland park itself, not making more parks.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

      Well I did create a poll for this but I see it didn't come out on the otherside. Oh Well.
      @Spence can you specify how they can Expand Disneyland park?
      Always read the fine print.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

        Avatarland......not interested. Now a StarWars Land would be a different story.

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

          Looking at single themed lands filling a park is not a simple good idea. If the themes can each compliment each other that would be fine. If for example a Star Wars Land was attached to an Oz Land it wouldn't feel so nice.
          Be Cool Stay in School!
          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

            Avatarland? Oh, good God, NO. Let James Cameron build his own theme parks, if he's so inclined.

            I'm not really interested in a Franchises-We-Happen-To-Own-As-A-Corporation-But-Weren't-Actually-Created-By-Us-land. So that means no Star Wars Land, no Marvel Land, no whatever-else-Disney-owns Land.

            If there is to be a third gate, I want it to be something that Disney creates. Not some borrowed idea.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

              Retrocool you make a good point. I like the idea of more DISNEY in the parks. Disney should buy Magic Mountain and make there MarvelLand, AvatarLand and yes even StarWars Land there.

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

                Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                Looking at single themed lands filling a park is not a simple good idea. If the themes can each compliment each other that would be fine. If for example a Star Wars Land was attached to an Oz Land it wouldn't feel so nice.
                That is a good point but I wasn't stating that all lands would be like that I just want to know what type of themed land would people want.

                Also I don't think Magic Mountain would be sold to Disney because that I believe has the most Coasters by Six Flags in one park. I don't see Disney doing anything with it anyway.
                Always read the fine print.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

                  Originally posted by Spence View Post
                  I dislike the idea of a third gate altogether. Disney should focus on expanding Disneyland park itself, not making more parks.
                  I'm pretty sure both can be done.

                  Bring on Marvel Land and Star Wars Land!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

                    Originally posted by Spence View Post
                    I dislike the idea of a third gate altogether. Disney should focus on expanding Disneyland park itself, not making more parks.
                    This.
                    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.











                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

                      If it means that Disney will have a place to dump all their franchises and will keep them from shoving them into the Disneyland Park, by all means, build said third gate. But that seems unlikely.

                      Idealistically, I'd like to see Disney focus on the problems in DCA and Disneyland. Start a massive redesign of Tomorrowland, expand and enhance Frontierland, improve Hollywood Land, replace "a bug's land". There's plenty of work to do inside the current parks without adding another one into the mix.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

                        Originally posted by junkin jay View Post
                        Avatarland......not interested. Now a StarWars Land would be a different story.
                        Agreed. Do people even remember the movie Avatar???

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

                          I think the Disney Resort should refrain from having a third park if its purpose is storage for their extra franchises. "Doesn't fit in Disneyland and DCA? Toss it in the third park." As cool as it would be to see Star Wars Land or Marvel rides with the Disney touch, I'm afraid it could become a mess of themed lands that don't synchronize, like what SwampyMarsh said. Plus it would be extremely hard to work with strict guidelines of a themed land that isn't as broad as, for example: Adventureland, or Tomorrowland. I would actually prefer a completely standalone park full of new imagineering projects, like HKD's new rides or TokyoSea.
                          .:: ::.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

                            Originally posted by Retrocool View Post
                            Avatarland? Oh, good God, NO. Let James Cameron build his own theme parks, if he's so inclined.

                            I'm not really interested in a Franchises-We-Happen-To-Own-As-A-Corporation-But-Weren't-Actually-Created-By-Us-land. So that means no Star Wars Land, no Marvel Land, no whatever-else-Disney-owns Land.

                            If there is to be a third gate, I want it to be something that Disney creates. Not some borrowed idea.
                            If you don't mind my asking, what difference does it make? Would you be against Radiator Springs Racers if 'Cars' were a movie from an outside property? As long as there are fun experiences to be had, who cares what franchises are created by Disney and which aren't? In fact, the Lone Ranger movie looks to be a lot more adult than Star Wars or even some Marvel films--and speaking of Star Wars, do you dislike Star Tours and Temple of the Forbidden Eye as well? Or Roger Rabbit, considering it's a co-production and features other cartoon properties in the film?

                            As a theme park fan, I can safely say I don't care who makes a franchise, as long as there's a good experience to be had, I'm down and I don't get why people on this forum don't seem to feel the same way...especially about a third gate that won't taint the almighty Disneyland.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

                              Well I agree that it doesn't matter who makes the franchise, I'm sure many people are grateful for Star Tours and Indiana Jones Adventure, but I think what Retrocool meant was that it would be better for a third park to contain purely Disney imagination, whole new concepts never before seen by any park.

                              As a theme park fan myself, I could careless what is made, as long as it is worth the ticket price, but as a Disney fan, a park where the next generation of Disney imagineers design unique concepts would value more to me than a park with other franchises. Who knows, maybe we could have the best of both worlds?
                              .:: ::.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

                                I think a park full of licensed 'lands' is something Universal or Six Flags would do or have already done. It can be fun, but there's not a lot of creativity in doing that.

                                And you never know how well it will age, 20, 30 years from now. Will people still care about Star Wars (as an example, not specifically Star Wars) enough to want to be surrounded by stuff from those movies? You never know how tastes change after a few decades. There is a burnout factor with anything that specific.

                                The fact that Disneyland has general titles for the lands means there's a ton of flexibility with what they can build in them and also gives them the flexibility to remove rides without worrying the removal or addition wouldn't conform to something so narrowly focused.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

                                  How about "Original Land" where all the attractions are original ideas??? sigh...
                                  ___________________________________________


                                  Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
                                  An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com
                                  ____________________________________________

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

                                    Too limiting. I want a third park to feature lots of Disney classics that don't currently have a ride: Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride, Jungle Book, 101 Dalmatians, Beauty & the Beast, Rescuers, Lion King, Bambi, etc.
                                    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

                                      In a way I feel the anti-franchise people are a little blind. Disneyland has always been full of rides based on movies. It just wasn't until the past 15-20 years that Disney began acquiring companies other than Walt Disney Studios. The point of a theme park based around Disney is to experience the movies people love that Disney releases through rides, attractions, etc..

                                      I expected at some point to have a Marvel themed ride and more Pixar themed rides because that is what is popular right now. It is no different than the Fantasyland rides based on the old animated features, imo.
                                      Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.











                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

                                        Originally posted by Van Hammersly View Post
                                        I think a park full of licensed 'lands' is something Universal or Six Flags would do or have already done. It can be fun, but there's not a lot of creativity in doing that.

                                        And you never know how well it will age, 20, 30 years from now. Will people still care about Star Wars (as an example, not specifically Star Wars) enough to want to be surrounded by stuff from those movies? You never know how tastes change after a few decades. There is a burnout factor with anything that specific.

                                        The fact that Disneyland has general titles for the lands means there's a ton of flexibility with what they can build in them and also gives them the flexibility to remove rides without worrying the removal or addition wouldn't conform to something so narrowly focused.
                                        Well for one thing, Universal is doing pretty well with that strategy, and is kind of ahead of the game as far as theme parks go, compared to Disney right now. But I understand the desire for original rides, but a few have to be themed to franchises, we all know that...I'm saying if you've gotta have a franchise-themed ride, what difference does it make if it's Disney's or not as long as it's good, fun, exciting, entertaining, and cutting edge?

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X