Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How could our Fantasyland be revamped?

Originally posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    It was a joke, my friend.
    Oh...well.

Comment

Originally posted by TiggerHappy View Post
      I'd love to see the old Skyway station become the new location of the Tangled meet-and-greet. Rapunzel's tower would look great in its place.
      While I would like to see the Skyway Station area cleaned up, it is the border of FL and FL. I don't want something going there that will stand out as Fantasyland. A garden area, or waterfall type lanscaping would be nice.

Originally posted by mratigan View Post
      i understand that the dark rides there are classics but lets update them with really nice Audio Animtronics, and add repeatably
      I'd also like to not see the ceiling in It's A Small World.
      Certianly revamping the current attractions would be nice. Making things even more 3-D and animated would be nice. I just don't think that Fantasyland should be getting that soon, I'd rather see Tomorrowland and Frontierland get thier improvements first.
      Be Cool Stay in School!
      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
        Rip up Toontown and use the space to expand, adding a Sleeping Beauty dark ride and another E-ticket.
        I'd actually have no problem with this, as long as E-ticket could mean an audio-animatronic-heavy ride, on par with POTC.
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I'd settle for them fixing that awful blurry apple in Snow White. Who let that effect get approved???

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
            I could never support getting rid of an entire land. Especially one as well designed as Toontown.
            Me neither. I love Toontown. I think Fantasyland is fine the way it is. They could do something with the Motor Boat Cruise area and maybe the Skyway station, but that's it.
            My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
            2. Pirates of the Caribbean
            3. Splash Mountain
            4. Mad Tea Party
            5. Peter Pan's Flight
            6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Comment

If I had my choice, Sword in the Stone would get a ride where the are putting the PFF with a showscene in the moat. However, that's not going to happen...

There isn't much room left in our Fantasyland without demolishing autopia/ subs. Small World mall/ motor boat cruise should be removed for a new Captain Hook's pirate ship and Skull rock (both of which never should have been removed). In the water around Skull Rock and the ship add a new Tinker Bell boat ride.

On the opposite side of the walkway build shops/ permanent food stands similar to those in EPCOT's world showcase. Have the shops from Storybookland up to the Fantasyland theater and from just past where Hook's ship will be up to the parade gates. This would create a miniature world showcase style area around Small World.

Add a small rock climbing/ play area to the backside of the Matterhorn with caverns to explore, Abominable snowmen footprints to find, rock climbing walls, slides, etc. Disneyland's version of RCCT themed to the Swiss alps.

Move the Casey Junior station and queue to behind Dumbo then include both queues in an interactive queue like WDW (but less TDO looking).

Add Tangled and Princess and the Frog to Storybookland.
              Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

I would love a Pete's Dragon or Sleepy Hollow dark ride somewhere.

Originally posted by TiggerHappy View Post
                I'd love to see the old Skyway station become the new location of the Tangled meet-and-greet. Rapunzel's tower would look great in its place.
                The entire Fantasyland expansion/Main Street invasion is nothing but meet and greet space. I would like to see something stronger go in than just another character meet.
                "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Mulan is really Adventureland not Fantasy.
                  I guess fantansyland wouldn't really be the best place, but i don't think Adventureland would be the right area either.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ridesandstuff

Comment

It's my least favorite land (always has been), so I'd like to see something there that would be a draw for me. Maybe another thrill ride.
                    This

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco21 View Post
                      If I had my choice, Sword in the Stone would get a ride where the are putting the PFF with a showscene in the moat. However, that's not going to happen...

There isn't much room left in our Fantasyland without demolishing autopia/ subs. Small World mall/ motor boat cruise should be removed for a new Captain Hook's pirate ship and Skull rock (both of which never should have been removed). In the water around Skull Rock and the ship add a new Tinker Bell boat ride.

On the opposite side of the walkway build shops/ permanent food stands similar to those in EPCOT's world showcase. Have the shops from Storybookland up to the Fantasyland theater and from just past where Hook's ship will be up to the parade gates. This would create a miniature world showcase style area around Small World.

Add a small rock climbing/ play area to the backside of the Matterhorn with caverns to explore, Abominable snowmen footprints to find, rock climbing walls, slides, etc. Disneyland's version of RCCT themed to the Swiss alps.

Move the Casey Junior station and queue to behind Dumbo then include both queues in an interactive queue like WDW (but less TDO looking).

Add Tangled and Princess and the Frog to Storybookland.
                      I really like those ideas.

I'd also add lesser known characters like Megra, Hercules, and Kida to the walk around character line up

http://www.youtube.com/user/ridesandstuff

Comment

Originally posted by imaginashton View Post
                        I guess fantansyland wouldn't really be the best place, but i don't think Adventureland would be the right area either.
                        I was just tying it into the Asian themes already in that area.

Comment

I love Fantasyland. It could use some new paint. "it's a small world" needs new paint BAD. I'd like to see more Christmas decorations on the facades as well. I think that's it.
                          Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

I used to think that Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland at Disney World paled in comparison to Disneyland's. But not any more. It's very impressive what the Imagineers have done there. I can't wait to see it for myself. Disneyland's is just fine the way it is. It's last major refurb was back in 1983. Which was a vast improvement from what was there before.

Comment

I'd settle for them fixing that awful blurry apple in Snow White. Who let that effect get approved???
                              The effect is there due to theft of prop apples. A prop apple would be close enough to the ride vehicle that someone could reach and take it while passing through.

Comment

I think Fantasyland is just fine the way it is. The only thing I might suggest would be to strip out the Motor Boat Cruise area for a new attraction. There is a lot of real estate there that could be repurposed into something really significant.
                                "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Koutesu View Post
                                  The effect is there due to theft of prop apples. A prop apple would be close enough to the ride vehicle that someone could reach and take it while passing through.
                                  It still looks awful. :/

Comment

It still looks awful. :/
                                    However, it looks better than having an empty space where the apple used to be because some low-life decided to steal it.

I agree with you, though, that they could spruce up the effect a little bit.
                                    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Autopia and FNSV uses far too much land for a park that needs expansion space. Since they did such a poor job on FNSV and they have no plans to redo it into something better or maintain what they have on a consistent basis, Disney should just retire the attraction and expand Fantasyland.

The next thing would be converting the Skyway into a meet and greet so it's out of the way and in an appropriately themed location.

Everything else in Fantasyland is just fine.

Comment

First things first, get ride of the Tinkerbell meet and greet! Her and her fairy friends need to just be evicted ASAP! The franchise is not sticking so just stop trying to make it work! Bring back my fishy friend, Ariel! They should also do a flume ride of Tangled telling the story of Rapunzel and Flynn Rider and the final show room scene would be the laterns surrounding you, that would just be BREATHTAKING to see something like that in person! They should also improve the Village Haus, the menu is awful! And I like the idea of adding Rapunzel's tower in the corner where the Skyway station is, they don't even need to add a meet and greet just something beautiful to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolf View Post
                                          autopia and fnsv uses far too much land for a park that needs expansion space. Since they did such a poor job on fnsv and they have no plans to redo it into something better or maintain what they have on a consistent basis, disney should just retire the attraction and expand fantasyland.

The next thing would be converting the skyway into a meet and greet so it's out of the way and in an appropriately themed location.

Everything else in fantasyland is just fine.
                                          fnsv????

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X