Lines This Weekend for Radiator Springs Racers?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daryn32
    New MiceChatter
    • Dec 2012

[Question] Lines This Weekend for Radiator Springs Racers?

This Friday and Saturday (December 14th and 15th) is our family's first trip to Disneyland since the opening of Cars Land. We've heard horror stories about the lines for Radiator Springs Racers... the fastpasses are gone in the first hour, the line is two hours long, etc. We've also heard that the single rider line is short and may be the way to go.

Can anyone with any recent experience share? My wife might be a tough sell for the single rider line, and will likely want to avoid it, but if the lines really are THAT bad, I might want to sell her on it. Any experience or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • pinkertonfloyd
    • Oct 2005

Re: Lines This Weekend for Radiator Springs Racers?

Originally posted by Daryn32 View Post
    This Friday and Saturday (December 14th and 15th) is our family's first trip to Disneyland since the opening of Cars Land. We've heard horror stories about the lines for Radiator Springs Racers... the fastpasses are gone in the first hour, the line is two hours long, etc. We've also heard that the single rider line is short and may be the way to go.

Can anyone with any recent experience share? My wife might be a tough sell for the single rider line, and will likely want to avoid it, but if the lines really are THAT bad, I might want to sell her on it. Any experience or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Simple, get there when the park opens... head for the fastpass line (it will seem never ending, but it goes quick). Get everyone's passes, tell them to go hit a ride or have some starbucks. The line will take about 10-15 mins to cycle if you enter around the "Disney Junior" Theater (which is where I've always seem to enter the line). (Yes, the line goes all the way to/through Hollywood...

I've done this twice, and by the time I have the Fastpasses in hand, my wife just got her order from Starbucks and is looking for a seat...

Fastpasses will be gone on a weekend within the first Hour... you must get there at opening...

Comment

• Seawolf
      Dive ..... Dive.....
      • Mar 2007

I have yet to ride this attraction without the single rider because it simply isn't worth more than 30 minutes. To convince your wife I would just tell her that it's not worth the wait and the family can go on every other attraction together. One sacrifice to get a feeling for this attraction is worth the slight inconvenience of not riding together, saving tons of time for your visit. Sometimes you may even get lucky and get the same car or sit next to each other. If you can get there at opening that would be the only other option. If you end up waiting 60 or heaven forbid 120+, you may come away disappointed.

Comment

• mratigan
        Say no to screens
        • Feb 2011

i got fastpasses for this attraction only once
        on opening day for collecting
        and a few weeks ago ago because they were still available
        but do that first and get there when the park opens
        Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

• woxel1
          MiceChatter
          • Mar 2005

There was a two-hour wait Sunday night. I recommend going the Single Rider route as early as possible if you can't snag Fastpasses.

Comment

• FreshBakedDisney
            MiceChatter
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by pinkertonfloyd View Post
            Simple, get there when the park opens... head for the fastpass line (it will seem never ending, but it goes quick). Get everyone's passes, tell them to go hit a ride or have some starbucks. The line will take about 10-15 mins to cycle if you enter around the "Disney Junior" Theater (which is where I've always seem to enter the line). (Yes, the line goes all the way to/through Hollywood...

I've done this twice, and by the time I have the Fastpasses in hand, my wife just got her order from Starbucks and is looking for a seat...

Fastpasses will be gone on a weekend within the first Hour... you must get there at opening...
            Just about the same way we do it when we go. We get there about 7:45 am. One of us waits, the other goes to Fiddler. Fiddler never wins that race. Fast passes are always received before the coffee is served

The total wait time I've guessed is lik 15 minutes prior to rope drop, 15 minutes to get the fast passes, and 15 minutes to wait in line on-ride with fast passes, or 45 minutes total.
            sigpic
            Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Comment

• DisneyU4EA
              New MiceChatter
              • Mar 2012

At rope drop is RSR already a 60+ minute wait? Just wondering why not go straight for the ride before getting the fast pass. Also, do I need everyone's DCA ticket that want a fast pass?

Comment

• disney4me2001
                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by DisneyU4EA View Post
                Also, do I need everyone's DCA ticket that want a fast pass?
                Yes, make sure everyone in your party gives you their ticket once inside the park. If the ticket hasn't been scanned at the entrance to DCA it will not work for RSR (or any other DCA) Fastpasses! Hope this helps!
                Last edited by disney4me2001; 12-10-2012, 04:14 PM. Reason: Clarification
                Please check out my E-Ticket attraction, The Time of My Life!
                http://tcox91.tumblr.com

Comment

• fifthrider
                  Banned User
                  • Oct 2008

I was also there this weekend with a friend. We went into DCA late, about 30 minutes after opening. We figured we'd be too late because anything other than being there "the minute it opens" is potentially a 2 hour line.

A cast member was waving and directing everyone into the fastpass line and wow, there had to be a few hundred people in the line just to GET a fastpass. We accidentally allowed ourselves to be guided by this guy's actions until I checked MouseWait and noticed the single rider line was 5 minutes. While everyone else waited in a 40-minute line to get a fastpass, we walked into the single rider line and were on the ride in 5 minutes.

FIVE MINUTES.

Comment

• DLandFansAZ
                    .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .
                    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                    • Jul 2005

Where does the fastpass line for RSR begin at rope drop? I'm going around Christmas time (I know insanely busy) and will be there before park opens, so where do I go to get into the fastpass line?
                    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

• ohmyjustin
                      MiceChatter
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
                      Where does the fastpass line for RSR begin at rope drop? I'm going around Christmas time (I know insanely busy) and will be there before park opens, so where do I go to get into the fastpass line?
                      The line begins near Bugs Life and wraps around heading towards the Hyperion. There will likely be people in line ahead of you before rope drop, so you can usually follow all of them. CMs in Cars Land costumes will also direct you, as will a handful of signs. Your goal is to head straight through Buena Vista Street. If you can see far enough ahead, you should see a line of people curve in front of Carthay Circle--that's the one you want to get in.

Comment

• DrFink
                        The doctor is in
                        • Aug 2012

In a way I would like to say don't pay too much attention to the posted wait time. When I rode RSR in October the posted wait time for standby was 90min. I made sure to check my watch when I got in line to when I actually got into the ride vehicle. I barely waited 35min. That was around 2 or 3pm, if memory serves.

However, don't let that fool you. Either way you have to be prepared to wait in line. My dad used the standby line within a half hour of DCA opening and he waited about 40min.
                        Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

• bcdemon
                          New MiceChatter
                          • Dec 2012

We went Sunday (Dec 11) morning, waited in a 30 person line to get into DCA, took 10 minutes. Then ran to the RSR fastpass line, got in place in front of The Junior Theatre and was getting our passes in 16 minutes for the 9:50 to 10:50 slot. We went to RSR at 10:10 and was in a car by 10:18. Between the time I got the fastpass and hit RSR, I did Screamin, Toy Story Shooting Gallery thingy, the Merry go round, Soaring, and the Zephyr. Pretty good morning AFAIC.

Comment

• Jerrbear
                            Big Thunder
                            • Jun 2011

We went there for the first time this morning, but were scared off by the fast pass line that stretched back to Disney Junior, at least. Instead, we headed directly for the ride and spent about 75 minutes in line. It's a great ride, but I couldn't convince my sons to get back in line again the rest of the day, even though the posted wait time was only 60 minutes. We rode California Screamin' four times though, with about a 25 minute wait each time. Gosh I love that coaster!
                            Disney Fan in the Great White North

Comment

• pinkertonfloyd
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by fifthrider View Post
                              I was also there this weekend with a friend. We went into DCA late, about 30 minutes after opening. We figured we'd be too late because anything other than being there "the minute it opens" is potentially a 2 hour line.

A cast member was waving and directing everyone into the fastpass line and wow, there had to be a few hundred people in the line just to GET a fastpass. We accidentally allowed ourselves to be guided by this guy's actions until I checked MouseWait and noticed the single rider line was 5 minutes. While everyone else waited in a 40-minute line to get a fastpass, we walked into the single rider line and were on the ride in 5 minutes.

FIVE MINUTES.
                              True... which is why if ou want to ride it twice, just keep walking south after getting the passes and get a morning run.

The only issue I had is the days I've been there, that it can open late. (we once got there at opening, and was stuck in the first 100 riders for an hour while they kept cycling the ride to fix an issue).

Comment

• pinkertonfloyd
                                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Jerrbear View Post
                                We went there for the first time this morning, but were scared off by the fast pass line that stretched back to Disney Junior, at least.
                                Belive it or not, it's only a 10 min wait from that point, there's a bunch of CM's at the machines so it goes silly quick. Although you'll laugh at watching the fastpass return times flip 5 minutes every 30 seconds or so while in front of it.

Comment

• pinkertonfloyd
                                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by DrFink View Post
                                  In a way I would like to say don't pay too much attention to the posted wait time. When I rode RSR in October the posted wait time for standby was 90min. I made sure to check my watch when I got in line to when I actually got into the ride vehicle. I barely waited 35min. That was around 2 or 3pm, if memory serves.

However, don't let that fool you. Either way you have to be prepared to wait in line. My dad used the standby line within a half hour of DCA opening and he waited about 40min.
                                  If you use the Lines app from Touring Plans you'll see that a lot, Disney uses "stacking" to drive people to other rides (boosting the wait times to scare some people off, yes people Disney lies to guests...). Their app is usually good at telling you the REAL wait time over Disney's posted. (This is why I love this app).

Comment

• Jayce
                                    Vidia's Minion
                                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by fifthrider View Post
                                    While everyone else waited in a 40-minute line to get a fastpass, we walked into the single rider line and were on the ride in 5 minutes.

FIVE MINUTES.
                                    40 minutes? Maybe in the line you wait in Even when it's back around almost to the hyperion as mentioned it's abou 10 minutes, maybe 15 if there's a bunch of people talking up a storm to the cms working the ticket machines.

Comment

• dictionary
                                      Just A Disney Lover
                                      • Sep 2011

If you are staying at a DL resort hotel you can enter through the DCA (and if you do it on an early admission that makes it even better) you can get in line for the fast passes. We waited about 20 min to get ours and were lined up around the corner towards Tower of Terror (Line wraps around Cathay Lounge, past Disney Jr theater..down Hollywood Blvd and then around the corner towards TOT). The line moves fairly quick. FP were sold out within 2 hours.

The other time we went was towards the closing of the park. For us the park closed at 8pm. WOC was at 8:15 so many people went to do that. So around 7:30ish we headed over and had a 45 min line wait. We checked a few other times and the wait was 60 min throughout the day but we were there right after Tday.

And the ride is completely different at night so I would opt for FP and then try to ride it again at night before the park closes. I don't remember when they stopped the line I thought it was close to 8pm so I think you have until then to stand in line.
                                      Feel free to visit my Etsy Shop; https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlienKaboo...=hdr_shop_menu
                                      to see my Disney and StarWars skirts for little girls.

Comment

• clara
                                        Sshhh, being very quiet
                                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by dictionary View Post
                                        And the ride is completely different at night so I would opt for FP and then try to ride it again at night before the park closes.
                                        agreed...my video from a ride at night..

If you can do single rider..do it. I know for that video above, I did single rider and waited about 20 minutes. However, when I'm in the park with my son (8 years old) I can't do single rider because I don't want to be separated from him.

Ta Da!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X