Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What to expect on New Years?

Hope this isn't a noob-ish question. Gonna be going on NYE and would really love any specific tips anyone could give. Of course I'm expecting the park to hit capacity, oceans of people everywhere, general immobilization etc...
    WDW: March 2004, August 2005, Summer 2006, March 2012, July 2013, December 2013/January 2014
    DL: April 2011, December 2011, December 2012/January 2013, June 2014, December 2016, May 2017, October 2017, December 2017
    HKDL: July 2016

Re: What to expect on New Years?

What are you looking to do that day? Which park, activities?
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Expect the hub to be a riot zone in the hours leading up to the countdown. I recommend watching it from the Rivers of America or It's a Small World instead.
      Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Comment

Fog. The last two times I went, the fog was so dense we couldnt see the fireworks at midnight. Last year we waited for the midnight WOC and I thought it was really boring. There was no party music and everyone was kinda just sitting there waiting for the show. And then you couldnt even see the fireworks. I like the Small World area. It has a great pg party vibe or Mad T party

Comment

Yeah, WoC wasn't very good last year. The aftermath of the fireworks made it even harder to see the fountains. You could just see lots of colored stripes across a great field of fog and ash.

The year before was great, though (apparently, it was so great we decided to do the same thing the next year!).

If you can get fast passes for the midnight show with a dining package, do it. That way you won't have to wait around for a good spot. You get to be in the more sparcely-populated VIP section. That's what we did the first time, and it worked out well. When I called last year to make a reservation, I was told there would be no dining packages for the midnight showing. We arrived early to get fast passes, but I believe the fast passes were only for the earlier shows, and the midnight show was on a first-come, first-served basis. We sat around at the viewing area for about an hour (and I spilled my drink where a bunch of people were sitting. Stupid graded seating area).

I noticed that there really was a dining package seating area, and came to find out that they did start offering dining packages in the days leading up to NYE.

Whatever you do, please arrive early. Disneyland usually reaches capacity first, but DCA may fill faster this year, being that it's now a proper park.

Disneyland is just a campground all evening.
          Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
          :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

i will be there too for my first ever NYE at DLR!! i actually reserved a room at the Grand Californian with a park view so my plan B is rigning in the new year from my room
            Props to Poisonedapples for the cool sig!

Comment

Very, very, heavy crowds. Expect long waits and herds of humans.

Weather is also an important factor, don't have your heart set on seeing the fireworks or anything because like others have said - fog has rolled in the last few years and made that not possible.

Comment

it will be madness.....

Ta Da!

Comment

The crowds will be big. But what the hell, you'll be at Disneyland. Or the Mayans could be correct then what the hell...
                  I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
                    The crowds will be big. But what the hell, you'll be at Disneyland. Or the Mayans could be correct then what the hell...
                    LOL'ed :lol:
                    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Comment

Originally posted by clara View Post
                      it will be madness.....
                      Large crowd madness....
                      For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

I have been the last 5 years expect nothing but fun honestly. Don't expect to ride everything it is crowded. Last year was foggy and a couple years ago as well. Dress warm also because it will get coooold especially if you stay till 2am. Again it will be crowded yes but if you go in looking for fun you will have it.
                        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                        My company had a special night at the park
                        WdW trip report with WWoHP
                        NYE 2011 trip report
                        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                        Leap year 24 hour report
                        New DCA trip report
                        NYE 2012
                        HKDL trip report

Comment

I am debating on attending my first NYE at Disneyland and was asking friends who had previously attended. Their first advice: Expect high crowds and wear comfortable shoes. LOL! If I do attend this year, I will be with seasoned veterans of the evening.

Have a great time!
                          <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

What about New Year's Day? A friend heard it would be less crowded, but I was under the impression the whole week was gonna be a madhouse. I have to go to renew my pass for 2013; I'd go with friend if that day isn't too bad.

Comment

I went year before last.. first and last time, you have to be there before opening to get in, the park will reach capacity very early in the day, lucky I was able to get reservations for dinner that night, my mistake was not bringing enough snacks.

In order not to bring any backpacks or purses, I went in with a budge to get a new jacket so I didn't have to carry one around the whole day (This was not a good idea as through the whole morning I was cold) I would suggest renting a locker for the day; put in, jackets, gloves, snacks or whatever else you want for the day

head to the spot you want to sit at around 10.30 to 11 as anywhere to stand or sit will fill up quickly and CM's will not let you enter areas after a certain time and it reaches its limits.

Comment

Have fun LOL. Imagine Leap Day and you have NYE. A few hours before countdown, the main areas to view the shows (mainly MS) will be so packed you cannot move. Been a few times now. And as others have said, they will reach capacity early, so don't plan on going anywhere else.
                                Y2K was pretty fun but way too darn packed.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Corn View Post
                                  Hope this isn't a noob-ish question. Gonna be going on NYE and would really love any specific tips anyone could give. Of course I'm expecting the park to hit capacity, oceans of people everywhere, general immobilization etc...
                                  maybe these will answer your question

AND this video is good also lol

Comment

Originally posted by Executioner View Post
                                    Have fun LOL. Imagine Leap Day and you have NYE. A few hours before countdown, the main areas to view the shows (mainly MS) will be so packed you cannot move. Been a few times now. And as others have said, they will reach capacity early, so don't plan on going anywhere else.
                                    basically what we are saying is. pick a park and stay in that park, don't leave!! because chances of getting back in will and or might be slim to none! really,no joke.

personally, if i was you, i'd pick the park that's gonna have the champagne flowing.. :lmao: but that is just my opinion!

Comment

You need to go expecting that it will be crowded to capcity. Don't wait until evening hours to go to park. It hits capcity early in the day and then they shut it down.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X