Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My anthropology professor and her family have APs.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] My anthropology professor and her family have APs.

I just finished my Anthropology of Magic, Witchcraft, and Religion. My teacher lives just a couple of blocks from the DLR. I didn't know till I told her about 3 Kings Days. Maybe I'll see her there.

Now that our semester is over it'll be two months before I can post again at the college library. So I'll see you again in February. Take care.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Re: My anthropology professor and her family have APs.

Woah I took that same class a year or two ago! Good times!

Comment

It may surprise you who has an AP. I have over 70 years under my belt and my wife and I are premium AP holders. We travel over 500 miles to visit the Magic Kingdom at Halloween, Christmas, and several days during the spring and summer. I consider your professors to be the norm

Comment

I took a class like that one at Cal State LA in the 90s. Who was your instructor?
        I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

WAIT! What is 3 Kings Days?

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
          KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Well that sounds like an interesting class. However, I am thrilled I don't have to take any religion courses... on to my Master's soon though.

3 Kings Day is Janurary 6th, I believe. It marks the end of the Christmas season for some cultures/religions. The celebration of the 3 kings that vistited Jesus. Don't quote me on that though, I'm not completely sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal Wifey View Post
              Well that sounds like an interesting class. However, I am thrilled I don't have to take any religion courses... on to my Master's soon though.

3 Kings Day is Janurary 6th, I believe. It marks the end of the Christmas season for some cultures/religions. The celebration of the 3 kings that vistited Jesus. Don't quote me on that though, I'm not completely sure.
              that sums it up. yeah that what i think too as jan 6 marks the end of the christmas and holiday season.

Comment

Originally posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
                WAIT! What is 3 Kings Days?
                Originally posted by SoCal Wifey View Post
                ^ Yes. It's also known as Epiphany and, although recognized around the world, is largely celebrated in Hispanic culture.

Here's a page on the Disneyland website about their celebration of the holiday:
                Three Kings Day| Special Events | Disneyland Park

Comment

Thanks for the info, all! Now that you've explained it, it is ringing a bell. I appreciate it!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                  KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X