Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My anthropology professor and her family have APs.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KellyMcG86
    replied
    Re: My anthropology professor and her family have APs.

Thanks for the info, all! Now that you've explained it, it is ringing a bell. I appreciate it!

Leave a comment:

• gatheringrosebuds
    replied

Originally posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    WAIT! What is 3 Kings Days?
    Originally posted by SoCal Wifey View Post
    3 Kings Day is Janurary 6th, I believe. It marks the end of the Christmas season for some cultures/religions. The celebration of the 3 kings that vistited Jesus. Don't quote me on that though, I'm not completely sure.
    ^ Yes. It's also known as Epiphany and, although recognized around the world, is largely celebrated in Hispanic culture.

Here's a page on the Disneyland website about their celebration of the holiday:
    Three Kings Day| Special Events | Disneyland Park

Leave a comment:

• Rex Dopey24
    replied

Originally posted by SoCal Wifey View Post
    Well that sounds like an interesting class. However, I am thrilled I don't have to take any religion courses... on to my Master's soon though.

3 Kings Day is Janurary 6th, I believe. It marks the end of the Christmas season for some cultures/religions. The celebration of the 3 kings that vistited Jesus. Don't quote me on that though, I'm not completely sure.
    that sums it up. yeah that what i think too as jan 6 marks the end of the christmas and holiday season.

Leave a comment:

• SoCal Wifey
    replied

Well that sounds like an interesting class. However, I am thrilled I don't have to take any religion courses... on to my Master's soon though.

Leave a comment:

• KellyMcG86
    replied

WAIT! What is 3 Kings Days?

Leave a comment:

• bayouguy
    replied

I took a class like that one at Cal State LA in the 90s. Who was your instructor?

Leave a comment:

• AhpalovestheDuck
    replied

It may surprise you who has an AP. I have over 70 years under my belt and my wife and I are premium AP holders. We travel over 500 miles to visit the Magic Kingdom at Halloween, Christmas, and several days during the spring and summer. I consider your professors to be the norm

Leave a comment:

• explodingboy
    replied

Woah I took that same class a year or two ago! Good times!

Leave a comment:

• My anthropology professor and her family have APs.

I just finished my Anthropology of Magic, Witchcraft, and Religion. My teacher lives just a couple of blocks from the DLR. I didn't know till I told her about 3 Kings Days. Maybe I'll see her there.

Now that our semester is over it'll be two months before I can post again at the college library. So I'll see you again in February. Take care.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X