Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Price Increase??

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Price Increase??

    Recently picked up tickets for my holiday visit and I have access to discounted tickets @ $100 for an adult hopper. The tickets that I bought expire 12/31 and looking at the price list for beyond that time frame, those same tickets would cost me $125 for 01/01/13 and beyond. Is there a price increase that will hit for the new year or is my seller just losing their discount??
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

  • #2
    Re: Price Increase??

    The prices were increased in May. The seller probably was able to purchase a PH at the old price with an expiration date of 12/31.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Price Increase??

      No - this is a company and their "discounted" adult hopper tickets from 01/01/13 and beyond are $125..
      "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Price Increase??

        Originally posted by HM 339 View Post
        No - this is a company and their "discounted" adult hopper tickets from 01/01/13 and beyond are $125..
        That is the current price. Disney has not announced any additional price increases since the last wave in May.
        "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Price Increase??

          After the big increase in May, any changes in prices that are either lower or higher than the CPI/inflation rate will be interesting.

          I'd vote for one super-expensive, no-blockout premium APs that allows for one meal at Club 33,

          and for the rest of us: passes that allow for 2, 4, or 6 visits within a year, some with and some without parkhopper options and blockout dates. People could always go through two or three of these passes a year.

          I'd rather have ten million people visit each of the two parks once a year, than have one million annual passholders each making 20 visits a year. That way more people would enjoy Disneyland and the visits would be more special for most guests. That unemployed couple that's visiting Disneyland everyday in 2012 is taking up too much room when their visits are added up. I think they should have just worked at Disneyland.
          Or Knott's.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Price Increase??

            Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
            I'd rather have ten million people visit each of the two parks once a year, than have one million annual passholders each making 20 visits a year. That way more people would enjoy Disneyland and the visits would be more special for most guests. That unemployed couple that's visiting Disneyland everyday in 2012 is taking up too much room when their visits are added up. I think they should have just worked at Disneyland. Or Knott's.
            Funny, but true. Prior to your post I think I was always in the camp of "this is America, we should be free and unregulated" which in terms of APers means they should be able to get their money's worth out of their pass and go as often as they want. If I could afford one, I'd use the hell out of it in a year.

            ...but you make pretty good sense there. Maybe the trip to DL should be special and magic, not routine.

            I'm torn between both sides of logic but as numbers in the park increase, you may make the stronger point.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Price Increase??

              Originally posted by HM 339 View Post
              No - this is a company and their "discounted" adult hopper tickets from 01/01/13 and beyond are $125..
              price increase for Disneyland only happens once a year. So if the company is giving you a discounted ticket that is their doing.. .however i would be cautious of a company that is selling tickets that cheap for Disneyland, specially park hoppers. just FYI Disneyland has had trouble with ticket scammers,one of those companies i hear is not to far from Disneyland ( or so i heard don't take my word for it),anyhow so these people who get multi day tickets and what not and sell them at a cheaper price to park guests, turns out the ticket is half used or things like that.. and the guests paid to "rent" the ticket, this is something we don't condone on micechat or encourage to do either.at all. this tickets you have sounds not right and or fishy if it was me i'd take them back and get your money back and just pay the cost of what it is at the park. ..but that's just me.

              And as a AP holder, going more then once a month is still magical, having a ap doesn't take away from the specialness of DL...



              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Price Increase??

                here this may help the OP....

                this is trusted, mousesavers is good, Ares travel and Triple A are good places to get tickets

                MouseSavers.com - Disneyland Ticket Discounts & Deals on Passes



                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Price Increase??

                  Originally posted by Poisonedapples View Post
                  price increase for Disneyland only happens once a year. So if the company is giving you a discounted ticket that is their doing.. .however i would be cautious of a company that is selling tickets that cheap for Disneyland, specially park hoppers. just FYI Disneyland has had trouble with ticket scammers,one of those companies i hear is not to far from Disneyland ( or so i heard don't take my word for it),anyhow so these people who get multi day tickets and what not and sell them at a cheaper price to park guests, turns out the ticket is half used or things like that.. and the guests paid to "rent" the ticket, this is something we don't condone on micechat or encourage to do either.at all. this tickets you have sounds not right and or fishy if it was me i'd take them back and get your money back and just pay the cost of what it is at the park. ..but that's just me.

                  And as a AP holder, going more then once a month is still magical, having a ap doesn't take away from the specialness of DL...
                  The problem with this whole thread is that the OP is not, in fact, getting discounted tickets. All tickets are valid for the duration of the calendar year. Meaning that If I buy a ticket on 1/2/13 it will be valid until 12/31/14.

                  The fact that the OP states that the rate is $125 after 1/1/13 is proof of this. That is the current rate for a Hopper ticket.

                  ***To Clarify***
                  They are technically discounted for the next couple weeks. The $100 price was the rate before the May increase. It can't hurt to buy them now and save $25 a ticket. And it's perfectly "legal" to do this.
                  Last edited by 4th Gen Disney Fan; 12-18-2012, 11:42 AM.
                  "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Price Increase??

                    There have been rumors (nothing more) of another price increase coming, but who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

                    As for the other conversation as to how often somebody should go to DL, that's each individual persons preference and if some feel the need to visit every day or once a year or once every few years, that's their business IMO. If somebody can afford the passes they should be able to go as much as they want.

                    For us, personally, after our passes expire in May I'm actually fine with taking at least a year off from the park.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Price Increase??

                      ^ yep current rate for a 1 day park hopper is $125..so this company he bought them from, he said the tickets from 1 1 2013 and beyond are $125.

                      1-Day Park Hopper Ticket – $125 for adults (10 and older), $119 for children (3-9).
                      wait did i mix something around again? i think i did...



                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Price Increase??

                        Originally posted by HM 339 View Post
                        Recently picked up tickets for my holiday visit and I have access to discounted tickets @ $100 for an adult hopper. The tickets that I bought expire 12/31 and looking at the price list for beyond that time frame, those same tickets would cost me $125 for 01/01/13 and beyond. Is there a price increase that will hit for the new year or is my seller just losing their discount??
                        im sorry but ur discounted deal sounds odd and fishy to me.. that's all don't mind me :lol:



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Price Increase??

                          Originally posted by Poisonedapples View Post
                          im sorry but ur discounted deal sounds odd and fishy to me.. that's all don't mind me :lol:
                          My discounted tickets are bought on a military base, through their travel / leisure group..

                          Normally I buy tickets at the gas station, but the price increase for those tickets has made it not worth it anymore..


                          "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Price Increase??

                            ooooh okay.. well never mind what i said before then lol :lol:just forget! lol ..3 cheers to discounted tickets!



                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Price Increase??

                              where can I buy a 1 day discount ticket? I am going to DL soon! $87 is too much and the hopper is even more!!

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Price Increase??

                                Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
                                where can I buy a 1 day discount ticket? I am going to DL soon! $87 is too much and the hopper is even more!!
                                You aren't going to find one from a legit source unless, your school, employer, credit union or someone along those lines sells them. Ticketsatwork usually has cheap tickets but single day and two days tickets are extremely rarely discounted only the 3 day and up tickets.


                                Originally posted by HM 339 View Post
                                My discounted tickets are bought on a military base, through their travel / leisure group..
                                Don't worry your ticets are totally fine.

                                Originally posted by GiRiMama33 View Post
                                The prices were increased in May. The seller probably was able to purchase a PH at the old price with an expiration date of 12/31.
                                This is what many discounters do, even CityPass currently is selling tickets that were bought before the increase which are good for the whole year. Although CityPass uses a contract for the Disney portion of thier passes with Disney to set the price of thier yearly passes and doesn't sell regular tickets.

                                Most companies that buy a lot of tickets before the price increase run out weeks to a couple months later.

                                If you search now you will find many sellers claiming they sell tickets that are discounted right now. Are you better off buying them than from Disney, no. I 2013 a new limited time offer is available. The sellers claim they have a great deal but if you read the fine print it's no more special than Disney itself offers. It's their offseason offer, free hopping is the bonus.

                                Valid for visits from January 7, 2013 through March 11, 2013
                                Promotional 3-Day Park Hopper Ticket with Magic Morning
                                Ages 3 to 9
                                $205.00
                                Ages 10 & Up
                                $220.00
                                Buy
                                Promotional 4-Day Park Hopper Ticket with Magic Morning
                                Ages 3 to 9
                                $225.00
                                Ages 10 & Up
                                $245.00
                                Buy
                                Promotional 5-Day Park Hopper Ticket with Magic Morning
                                Ages 3 to 9
                                $240.00
                                Ages 10 & Up
                                $260.00
                                Buy
                                • Includes one Magic Morning early admission with select attractions at Disneyland Park.*
                                • Tickets may only be purchased between November 20, 2012 and February 27, 2013.
                                • Offer not available at Disneyland Resort Main Entrance ticket booths.
                                Be Cool Stay in School!
                                Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

                                Comment

                                Get Away Today Footer

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X