X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 10/6
    "The Musical Quil"
    • May 2009

[Rumor] Goofy's Paint & Playhouse coming to DL!

Goofy's successful Paint & Playhouse in Tokyo Disneyland could be making its way to Anaheim's Toontown soon(ish) <--- and it couldn't come soon enough!

The company responsible for GP&P, Fourth Monkey Media Inc, has signed a contract to bring other interactive 'games' to Tokyo's park in the near future which may spread to include our beloved Disneyland!

I love Toontown, and after watching the slow decline of things to do at each of their homes, I would be ELATED to see activities like this invade the homes of our favorite Toons.

Fourth Monkey signs Goofy contract | The Chronicle Herald
    DJ JARVICIOUS
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS
  • explodingboy
    • Jan 2010

Re: Goofy's Paint &amp; Playhouse coming to DL!

I would be all for that. Goofy's house could use something fun like this. It's a shame they got rid of the whole "bounce house" thing.

Comment

• RememberMe
      New MiceChatter
      • Jan 2011

Goofy's playhouse is on the refurb list for Feb 25-Mar 7. Don't think that would be long enough to install something like this though.

Comment

• Disneylandfan85
        MiceChatter
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
        I would be all for that. Goofy's house could use something fun like this. It's a shame they got rid of the whole "bounce house" thing.
        I'd go to visit that. It'll provide something worthwhile to do besides just Roger Rabbit and, to a lesser degree, Mickey and Minnie's houses. If this happens, it'll be interesting to hear how they've translated Yuu Shimaka's Goofy (for Tokyo) into Bill Farmer's.
        My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
        2. Pirates of the Caribbean
        3. Splash Mountain
        4. Mad Tea Party
        5. Peter Pan's Flight
        6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Comment

• 10/6
          "The Musical Quil"
          • May 2009

Yeah. I doubt this will be anytime soon but I'm happy to see that someone is thinking about it.
          DJ JARVICIOUS
          Salt Lake City, UT
          Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
          www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
          www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
          Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

Comment

• MTdizzle94
            Diva Extrodinaire
            • Nov 2007

I personally think that after Tomorrowland, the land that needs the most work is Toontown. The treehouse is not in use (or is it?), Roger Rabbit is irrelevant in terms of the film - as good as the ride itself is, and honestly there is so much potential. I have a few personal ideas, but I think this new house could be a step in the right direction.
            ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME :vogue:

Comment

• explodingboy
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
              Roger Rabbit is irrelevant in terms of the film - as good as the ride itself is, and honestly there is so much potential.
              I am not really sure what your logic is here. If Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (which was released in 1988, has a Blu Ray release coming out next year, and talks of a sequel happening) is irrelevant than so is everything in else with a movie tie-in. The ride is immensely popular and on any given weekend the line is 40+ minutes.

If anything, the left side of Toontown needs work, not the right. There is plenty to upgrade on that side of the land. RRCTS shouldn't be touched. In fact, it's about all Toontown has going for it right now.

Comment

• Disneylandfan85
                MiceChatter
                • Oct 2011

I have a few personal ideas, but I think this new house could be a step in the right direction.
                Can you explain some of them?
                My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
                2. Pirates of the Caribbean
                3. Splash Mountain
                4. Mad Tea Party
                5. Peter Pan's Flight
                6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Comment

• frollofan
                  ********ter
                  • Mar 2010

Any additions are welcome to Toontown imo, for it is currently sparsely populated with things to do

Comment

• DARTH MAUL
                    Banned User
                    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
                    I am not really sure what your logic is here. If Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (which was released in 1988, has a Blu Ray release coming out next year, and talks of a sequel happening) is irrelevant than so is everything in else with a movie tie-in. The ride is immensely popular and on any given weekend the line is 40+ minutes.
                    ^THAT!

As for Goofy, PLEASE GOD let something happen. TT needs help so badly, it's such a great land and really needs help.

Comment

• MTdizzle94
                      Diva Extrodinaire
                      • Nov 2007

I just think that Rodger Rabbit isn't that popular enough nowadays. Those are not grounds to remove a ride, considering that it is a really good ride, but I wish it were something more timeless. Kind of like how Gadget from the Chip and Dale TV show is not relevant anymore. My one idea that I think could work would be a Steamboat Willie boat ride. It could use the Fantasyland Theatre area, backstage, or basically everything past Mickey's House. I can explain it more in detail, but in essence, Pete has stolen all of the color in Toontown and Mickey/the riders must get back color and save the day.
                      ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME :vogue:

Comment

• MANEATINGWREATH
                        I'm a Lutheran
                        • Aug 2008

Well, if Roger Rabbit isn't popular enough anymore, then Mr. Toad can't get onto the "get-rid-of-list" any sooner.

Just kidding! Roger Rabbit doesn't need to be popular to still be around. Mr. Toad is practically unknown to today's children who didn't or aren't growing up with Disneyland. Roger at least is still known amongst the kids of the 80's and 90's who now have children of their own, if not enough money to take themselves to Disneyland whenever they please. Roger Rabbit is just as relevant to me and my coed 90's kids as Phineas and Ferb is to the 2000's kids.
                        "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

• 4th Gen Disney Fan
                          MiceChatter

• May 2012

I think it looks awesome! TT desperately needs some help. It's a shame that the land has practically turned into nothing but a couple meet and greets.... and Roger Rabbit.
                          "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Comment

• DARTH MAUL
                            Banned User
                            • Jul 2010

I just think that Rodger Rabbit isn't that popular enough nowadays. Those are not grounds to remove a ride, considering that it is a really good ride, but I wish it were something more timeless. Kind of like how Gadget from the Chip and Dale TV show is not relevant anymore. My one idea that I think could work would be a Steamboat Willie boat ride. It could use the Fantasyland Theatre area, backstage, or basically everything past Mickey's House. I can explain it more in detail, but in essence, Pete has stolen all of the color in Toontown and Mickey/the riders must get back color and save the day.

Despite the movie's popularity, the attraction is. How popular is Song of the South??? Should they remove Splash Mountain??

Comment

• Coolwowzer
                              Disneyland Original '55
                              • Jun 2012

Hate to be a stickler but is their room? I mean the show building for the one in Tokyo is fairly small but goofy's house is smaller. I would love for some love to be put in toon town, maybe put in a house of mouse restaurant to eat and watch mickey and friends cartoons, even roger rabbit ones as well.
                              Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

Comment

• DannyLand
                                MiceChatter
                                • Nov 2009

idnt really think that they can do much with ToonTown. Because it closes early due to fireworks anyways. So I doubt they will spend lots of money on it.

Comment

• explodingboy
                                  • Jan 2010

I just think that Rodger Rabbit isn't that popular enough nowadays. Those are not grounds to remove a ride, considering that it is a really good ride, but I wish it were something more timeless.
                                  Like I said, it has a 40+ minute wait on any given weekend, and it's an attraction shoved in the furthest corner of the park. It's popular enough.

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
                                  idnt really think that they can do much with ToonTown. Because it closes early due to fireworks anyways. So I doubt they will spend lots of money on it.
                                  So you think they won't improve a struggling area just because it's hours are a bit shorter than the rest of the park?

That's incorrect, and a bad way to approach something. TDA knows that 98% of Toontown is struggling. They just have more important things to take care of right now. To think that they will just shun the area completely is silly.

Comment

• Seawolf
                                    Dive ..... Dive.....
                                    • Mar 2007

How about Disney restoring the bounce house instead, and while their at it, the rest of Toontown as well with Jolly Trolly.

Not everything has to be known to children. I know younger people who never saw the movie but absolutely loved the attraction to the point they wanted to go watch the DVD. Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin has one of the longest queue wait times in its ticket classification, there is no need to replace something that was well made, especially when the other half of the land has become nearly worthless due to lawyerization.
                                    Last edited by Seawolf; 12-17-2012, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• jsanch2
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Mar 2010

I think there are two major things to consider here. If WDI has plans to get rid of toontown in the long run then I expect we won't see any upkeep in this area for awhile. Toontown lives on great amount of space that could be valuable in the future to the park as a whole. But Toontown is a great concept and this new concept for Goofy's house could be a great start to a whole new Toontown. If they rehab Goofy's and Donald's. Either retheme or create a new attraction for the Go Coaster, and fix the treehouse. This could allow Toontown to become a place where there is actually things to do

Comment

• explodingboy
                                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
                                        How about Disney restoring the bounce house instead, and while their at it, the rest of Toontown as well with Jolly Trolly.
                                        Hopefully this idea goes through for Goofy's house rather than the bounce house idea again. Something new and interactive like this could be good for the area.

You mean you don't like the Jolly Trolly station as a DVC spot?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X