Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Disneyland Illustrations

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Video My Disneyland Illustrations

    Thought I would share this. It is a short video I put together, featuring some silhouette style illustrations inspired by Disneyland attractions. All the drawings are my own original artwork.

    My Self-Drawn Disneyland Illustrations - YouTube
    ___________________________________________


    Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com
    ____________________________________________

  • #2
    Re: My Disneyland Illustrations

    Good stuff. The Mark Twain is my favorite.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: My Disneyland Illustrations

      Thanks dynamite!
      ___________________________________________


      Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
      An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com
      ____________________________________________

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: My Disneyland Illustrations

        Lovely little collection of art! Each image really captures the spirit of the attraction or land or moment that it's portraying.

        My personal favorite was probably The Jungle Cruise, I'm a sucker for the ride and those dangerous ear-wiggling, bubble-blowing hippos.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: My Disneyland Illustrations

          ahh, Thanks gatheringrosebuds!
          ___________________________________________


          Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
          An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com
          ____________________________________________

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: My Disneyland Illustrations

            Those are awesome! I love how they have a retro feel to them.
            "If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: My Disneyland Illustrations

              Thanks DreamsofColor - that was the look i was going for.
              ___________________________________________


              Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
              An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com
              ____________________________________________

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: My Disneyland Illustrations

                Pretty music. Nice work.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	889540a40debce92b4c8015c4d7767a2.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	7347209

                Micenation

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: My Disneyland Illustrations

                  lol - Love your photo orbitalpunk - did my drawings remind you of him - he he.
                  ___________________________________________


                  Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
                  An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com
                  ____________________________________________

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: My Disneyland Illustrations

                    At first I was going to say it's kind of Mary Blair-ish but no, it's definitely your own style. It's also unmistakably Disney. Funny how the right topic can make me appreciate something like sihouette art. Nicely done.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: My Disneyland Illustrations

                      Well - Disney and Mary Blair are definite influences on my art, as I love the Disney style and the Blair style very much. So a comparison is understandable and actually taken as quite a compliment. Thank you very much. I also have a large overhead map of Disneyland that I have hand drawn. It is so massive that it is imposable to scan into my computer. I have taken a photo of it, but I don't have a good camera and it is very fuzzy. But I will post it anyway so you all can get an idea. When I am able to take a better picture of it, I will post it again in the future.

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Image212.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	7347228
                      ___________________________________________


                      Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
                      An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com
                      ____________________________________________

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: My Disneyland Illustrations

                        Originally posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
                        Well - Disney and Mary Blair are definite influences on my art, as I love the Disney style and the Blair style very much. So a comparison is understandable and actually taken as quite a compliment. Thank you very much. I also have a large overhead map of Disneyland that I have hand drawn. It is so massive that it is imposable to scan into my computer. I have taken a photo of it, but I don't have a good camera and it is very fuzzy. But I will post it anyway so you all can get an idea. When I am able to take a better picture of it, I will post it again in the future.

                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]25726[/ATTACH]
                        Woah! That's so awesome. Even though it's a bit on the blurry side, you can still make out the landmark attractions and icons. Very neat.

                        My initial thoughts were also that your designs were a little Mary Blair-esque, a bit on the whimsical side and uniquely stylized, but they still reflect a personal style that's solely yours.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: My Disneyland Illustrations

                          thank you - the map is set in the year 1962 - I picked that year because it was the last year that Disneyland still had it's original symmetrical triangle shape, before the railroad berm was expanded out, and I just always thought it looked better from above before it was expanded. Also, a few things are slightly out of place. For example, the Frontierland train station should be lower, but when I originally drew this, about 10 years ago, I did not have access to as many photos of the park from that time period, as are available on the internet these days, so i had to sort-of guess at a few things. I may eventually re-do it with more accurate placement of things.
                          ___________________________________________


                          Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
                          An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com
                          ____________________________________________

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: My Disneyland Illustrations

                            I like the Jungle Cruise one the best (the castle is not far behind though), but all of them most definitely capture the whimsical feel of Disneyland and also have that oh so cool retro style.

                            Very nice!
                            "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: My Disneyland Illustrations

                              Thanks for all the kind words everyone - i was sort of freaking out when I fist posted the video on Youtube, because only a couple hours after I posted it, someone marked it with a thumbs down, "do not like" and I was feeling bad that someone did that. They offered no explanation. And it hurt my feelings a bit. So you all have made me feel much much better.
                              ___________________________________________


                              Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
                              An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com
                              ____________________________________________

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: My Disneyland Illustrations

                                Originally posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
                                Thanks for all the kind words everyone - i was sort of freaking out when I fist posted the video on Youtube, because only a couple hours after I posted it, someone marked it with a thumbs down, "do not like" and I was feeling bad that someone did that. They offered no explanation. And it hurt my feelings a bit. So you all have made me feel much much better.
                                I definitely dig your down to basics style - have you thought about doing paper cutouts of these? I think they would be remarkable and your illustration style already makes for easy cutting - it won't be quick, but the end result could be something truly special.

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	4026506563_1028e8d924_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	7347229
                                An example of paper cutout.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: My Disneyland Illustrations

                                  Those paper cutouts are pretty cool too. That's a good style.


                                  Originally posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
                                  They offered no explanation. And it hurt my feelings a bit. So you all have made me feel much much better.
                                  Well, that's YouTube for ya. I've got a few vids up too with thousands of thumbs up and a few thumbs down and I've often wondered what the beef was with those holdouts? It's even weirder when it's the ONLY feedback you get.

                                  Decades ago someone interviewed Merv Griffin about how he deals with negative fan mail and his answer was "I just throw it out and don't read it." Sensible advice, trolling and griefing have been around long before the internet.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: My Disneyland Illustrations

                                    Originally posted by ilyxr View Post
                                    I definitely dig your down to basics style - have you thought about doing paper cutouts of these? I think they would be remarkable and your illustration style already makes for easy cutting - it won't be quick, but the end result could be something truly special.

                                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]25727[/ATTACH]
                                    An example of paper cutout.
                                    Very cleaver - I might think about this.
                                    ___________________________________________


                                    Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
                                    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com
                                    ____________________________________________

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: My Disneyland Illustrations

                                      Originally posted by fifthrider View Post
                                      Well, that's YouTube for ya. I've got a few vids up too with thousands of thumbs up and a few thumbs down and I've often wondered what the beef was with those holdouts? It's even weirder when it's the ONLY feedback you get.

                                      Decades ago someone interviewed Merv Griffin about how he deals with negative fan mail and his answer was "I just throw it out and don't read it." Sensible advice, trolling and griefing have been around long before the internet.
                                      I know there are some people that are not going to like my art or taste in music etc, but it was right off the bat, and before any good response came. Oh well. I know it is nothing to get worried about.


                                      I might do some more illustrations in this same style. Are there any particular attractions anyone would want to see? I was thinking about doing some of the more current attractions in this same vintage style. Would be interesting to see Star Tours done up this style for example. Or Indiana Jones - I didn't really do any of the indoor attractions before, so that would be interesting. Any ideas?
                                      ___________________________________________


                                      Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
                                      An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com
                                      ____________________________________________

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: My Disneyland Illustrations

                                        Originally posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
                                        I know there are some people that are not going to like my art or taste in music etc, but it was right off the bat, and before any good response came. Oh well. I know it is nothing to get worried about.


                                        I might do some more illustrations in this same style. Are there any particular attractions anyone would want to see? I was thinking about doing some of the more current attractions in this same vintage style. Would be interesting to see Star Tours done up this style for example. Or Indiana Jones - I didn't really do any of the indoor attractions before, so that would be interesting. Any ideas?
                                        Perhaps HM and POTC? I think that some of the characters and iconic scenes from those two attractions would lend themselves beautifully to this style of art. I'd also love to see designs inspired by past Disneyland attractions, like Adventures Thru Inner Space or Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland.

                                        And about that "thumbs down", I know it's disappointing when that's the first piece of feedback that you receive, but unfortunately, people on YouTube tend to be trigger-happy with the dislike button, and you can never know why. What's important is that you know that we all enjoy your artwork and that you continue to enjoy creating and sharing it.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X