This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Impact of Candlelight Processional on Crowds

I'll be in Disneyland / California Adventure Dec 20-21. The last Candlelight Processional is on the 20th. What is the impact of Candlelight Processional on Crowds? Should I avoid Disneyland on the 20th and spend the day in California Adventure? Or does the processional make Disneyland less crowded outside the main street area? I'm not doing park hopper, so I need to decide which park would be best for which days.

Thanks so much!

Re: Impact of Candlelight Processional on Crowds

It's horrible. You can't move up and down Main Street with this.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Better to skip going into Disneyland on the 20th. Or, enter and exit via Monorail. That's doable.
      I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

As the others have said. It will be a mess.

I was in the parks on Saturday for the first time in a long time, and was reminded why I avoid the Resort like the plague during the holidays.

Comment

Yeah, it is no fun. I was there on the 9th and we were ready to leave around 5pm. Not only does the traffic going up and down main street move at a snails pace, the train is shut down and the line for the monorail (yes, line) is packed from start to finish. So get out of there before 4pm.
          "Nice work, pal" :thumbup:

Comment

On Dec 20th, all AP passes are open so I would suggest going to DCA, Disneyland would have the extra crowds of Candlelight goers on top of all the AP. Disneyland on Dec 21st would probably be less crowded because SoCal and SoCal Select are blocked.

I was at Disneyland on the 16th (Sunday) and the park was packed by the time of the Candlelight Procession. Walking anywhere felt like a slow crawl. The crowds didn't show up until around 12PM though, but by then we thoroughly enjoyed the park already.
            .:: ::.

Comment

Thanks everyone!! This is great advice! What would I do without Mice Chat?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X