This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News CBS 2 reporting attractions down tonight due to power outages

I was watching the local CBS2 in southern California and they were showing a helicopter shot of the Disneyland resort saying that some attractions were down because of transformer and power outages. Has anyone heard more or were you at the resort tonight and can shed some light on this?

Re: CBS 2 reporting attractions down tonight due to power outages

I was at Downtown Disney, everything there seemed fine for the most part. As far as the park goes, I'm not sure. It is VERY windy right now in Anaheim though..

Comment

I wasn't at DL, but when I glanced through a DL wait-times app last night there were a lot of rides reported closed (even DL Railroad which I don't remember ever seeing as closed before [but I'm sure it happens]). A power outage would be a logical explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by bee1000 View Post
        I wasn't at DL, but when I glanced through a DL wait-times app last night there were a lot of rides reported closed (even DL Railroad which I don't remember ever seeing as closed before [but I'm sure it happens]). A power outage would be a logical explanation.
        I know they close the DLRR for the Candlelight ceremony, that might be why as well.

Comment

I haven't found anything in an news that reports there was an outage at DL yesterday....

Ta Da!

Comment

That would be awesome if it was reported due to the candle light processional
            These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
            My company had a special night at the park
            WdW trip report with WWoHP
            NYE 2011 trip report
            Mice Chat 7th anniversary
            Leap year 24 hour report
            New DCA trip report
            NYE 2012
            HKDL trip report

Comment

My daughter was next in line for Tower of Terror when the power went out on half the park. I was at the Mad T Party and didn't notice anything till she came and told me. I know by the end of the night the rides were working again because my daughter actually dared to still go on Tower.

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
                I know they close the DLRR for the Candlelight ceremony, that might be why as well.
                Ahhh...

Comment

From my local (Ohio) news station, as seen on facebook:
                  ANAHEIM, CA (KCBS/FOX) - A transformer explosion caused power outages in the "happiest place on earth."
                  Strong winds left much of the theme park in the dark.
                  More than 2,000 homes in Los Angeles and nearly 2,000 more in eastern LA County were without power after fierce wind gusts knocked down trees and power lines.
                  The National Weather Service said winds gusted above 50 miles per hour in southern California's mountain passes and reached 45 miles per hour in Beverly Hills and Malibu.
                  Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Originally posted by PlayGirlBunny View Post
                    My daughter was next in line for Tower of Terror when the power went out on half the park. I was at the Mad T Party and didn't notice anything till she came and told me. I know by the end of the night the rides were working again because my daughter actually dared to still go on Tower.
                    In the US, and in the park's electricity is supplied in a redundant fashion. Also it is set up in different ciruits. This means if local areas loose power it doesn't mean DLR does. And while some some parts of the parks may loose power not all parts will.

In your home it's almost the same. Imagine if you have a large room with two entrances, it may have a switch near each entrance. If one switch doesn't work, you can use the other switch to turn the lights on. Likewise it you blow the fuse, or breaker when you plug something in in the kitchen, it doesn't knock the power out in the family room.

This may be why ToT went down but Mad T Party kept going. Or ToT may of been a coinicidence and unrelated to the reported outage.
                    Be Cool Stay in School!
                    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I was in Carsland when as I was walking towards the restrooms behind Flos I saw a bright blue/white flash come from the area between Cars and Screamin. I thought I was seeing things since at the same time the lights flickered a little. Next thing I saw was an even bigger flash and the lights went out in cars land for a few seconds then the back up generators kicked in. Inside the restrooms only some lights were on..with one major pain was the sinks were of course out of order. Saw many people scrambling who had just got soap when the power went out.

Flos was shut down immediately as well as the Cozy Cones. I heard RSR was actually running but never confirmed it myself.

Dont know when everything came back because I was already on my way out when this happened.

Comment

I was stuck on Tower of Terror at the 13th floor when the power went out. Had to wait approximately 30 minutes before they got us down.

Comment

That must've been intereseting.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBFfI9j2cFk
                          I have ridden both the Disneyland and Magic Kingdom ones

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
                            I was stuck on Tower of Terror at the 13th floor when the power went out. Had to wait approximately 30 minutes before they got us down.
                            wow stuck on the 13th floor. how did you guys got down?

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
                              wow stuck on the 13th floor. how did you guys got down?
                              The questions is how did they get out, of the Twilight Zone.
                              Be Cool Stay in School!
                              Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

oh lol

Comment

I was at the park for Mr. Toad at 4:30, dinner at Carnation at 5pm, in line and seeing Candlelight from 6:30 to 8:30pm, then over to Haunted Mansion, Train (closed during Candlelight Processional shows from 5-9, and would have stayed closed through fireworks, but when fireworks were cancelled due to winds, they brought one train back out), Small World, and finally Space Mountain at 10:30pm...never was aware of any problem, except that HM line did stop completely for about 10 minutes.

Comment

More like every ride was down 2 days ago, broke down on indy, broke down on snow white, fireworks got canceled 1/4th into the show. wow lol
                                    sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X