X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Innovations Closing in Feb 2013

According to ScreamScape.com,

"
    This has been mentioned a few times, about the rumor of it closing in Feb. I could honestly see this happening, As stated above I can definitely see Disney making an announcement in Jan stating the closure for a new attraction. Then a few weeks later most likely announce the replacement attraction, and would open 2014/2015. I somewhat believe this story form the CM also, as they are typically given more insight than anyone else. For example back in July when I ask a CM about the boulder not working on Indiana Jones they told me they would be fixing it as it would be going down for refurb in sept, then 2 weeks later it was officially announced by Disney, so it possible there told 2 weeks before the official announcement, and its about 2 weeks before the new year.

anyone else here anything recently? I plan on going over innovations tomorrow see if I can get any insight.
    Check Out my Instagram - http://instagram.com/bradinsocal

Re: Innovations Closing in Feb 2013

It's hard to say. Anyone can say anything nowadays. I hope the rumors are true!

Hopefully Disney makes an announcement soon.

Comment

Can't come soon enough.
      The Mur

Comment

Just close it now......start early.....I want to make sure they have as much time as they need to make this Ironman ride.....so close it now...we wont miss it....
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

If it does close I just hope they start working on that area right away. I don't want it to be another eyesore sitting there for a seemingly eternity like it did after America Sings closed down and Innoventions opened up.

Comment

If they can't make it a real attraction to live up to its potential, then yes close it. But not for anything Marvel.

Comment

Originally posted by BradleyC View Post
              According to ScreamScape.com,

This has been mentioned a few times, about the rumor of it closing in Feb. I could honestly see this happening, As stated above I can definitely see Disney making an announcement in Jan stating the closure for a new attraction. Then a few weeks later most likely announce the replacement attraction, and would open 2014/2015. I somewhat believe this story form the CM also, as they are typically given more insight than anyone else. For example back in July when I ask a CM about the boulder not working on Indiana Jones they told me they would be fixing it as it would be going down for refurb in sept, then 2 weeks later it was officially announced by Disney, so it possible there told 2 weeks before the official announcement, and its about 2 weeks before the new year.

anyone else here anything recently? I plan on going over innovations tomorrow see if I can get any insight.
              It could happen, but take it with a grain of salt because:
              1) CM's are not given more insight than anyone else, and:
              2) ScreamScape is less than reliable.

Comment

Yes! I think we've been in there maybe twice? I'm cool with Marvel. Me likes Marvel.

Buzz and Nemo need to go too.

Comment

If anyone has old photos of the attraction or any info PM me please
                  it would be pretty cool if it closed on February 25.......my birthday
                  Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Originally posted by mratigan View Post
                    If anyone has old photos of the attraction or any info PM me please
                    it would be pretty cool if it closed on February 25.......my birthday
                    Are you looking for old photos of Innoventions? Or photos of America Sings? Or Carousel of Progress?

Comment

Although I never trust screamscape, I have heard from other people that Innoventions is supposed to close in early 2013. Would be great if this actually happened.

EDIT: I just read it, this info came from a CM? Yeah, I don't believe this one bit.
                      Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

I went into Innovations on my last visit last Saturday and enjoyed a Peter Pan reading int he Peter Pan kids room in the house on the bottom floor. The walls lit up and there were projections and Tinker Belle in a drawer. I've heard that story read by a CM before and always enjoyed it.

I actually like the house on the bottom floor and my kid likes playing the video games on the top floor.

Ta Da!

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
                          If they can't make it a real attraction to live up to its potential, then yes close it. But not for anything Marvel.
                          Yes because movie based rides like Star Wars and Cars didn't work out too well for them.....ohh wait no they got tons of people into the parks and sell a bunch or toys....so yeah not making the Ironman ride is the only bad decision they can make since...they own him
                          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                            Yes because movie based rides like Star Wars and Cars didn't work out too well for them.....ohh wait no they got tons of people into the parks and sell a bunch or toys....so yeah not making the Ironman ride is the only bad decision they can make since...they own him
                            While I'd rather not see a Marvel based attraction, which let's face it, is inevitable at some point, I am happy with anything that is going to help Tomorrowland. That area has been struggling for far too long. Star Tours and Space Mountain can't carry the whole land alone. I'll take what I can get. Now we just need to get rid of those God awful Peoplemover tracks and that hunk of garbage that is sitting at the entrance of the land..

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                              I agree. Iron Man is the perfect fit for Tomorrowland. Much better than the Wall E character that people are always bringing up.
                              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

If this is true, since I won't be going before February, it means I've been on Innoventions for my last time alrready!! Yay!!

However, I've learned to be cynical about any and all Disneyland rumors until after they come to fruition. (Remember Westcot?)

If it means anything, I've spoken with several castmembers about Innoventions closing, and NONE of them "knew anything about it."

So I guess it could be true.
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                                  However, I've learned to be cynical about any and all Disneyland rumors until after they come to fruition. (Remember Westcot?)
                                  Never forget..

Comment

I only like rides closing when they are already starting construction of the new ride. Sure, Innoventions isn't something people go to Disneyland for, but that means 400 extra people are on other rides instead of inside there. Just like parades, I don't like them but a whole lot of other people do so they aren't clogging up the lines!

Comment

^well lets hope they are planning to start right away....I mean with Carsland such a money maker I'm sure they want Ironman out by 2015 to compete with Harry Potterland
                                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                                        I only like rides closing when they are already starting construction of the new ride. Sure, Innoventions isn't something people go to Disneyland for, but that means 400 extra people are on other rides instead of inside there. Just like parades, I don't like them but a whole lot of other people do so they aren't clogging up the lines!
                                        aashee you nailed it spot on! With Tomorrowland already in distress I don't think anything will be closed until something firm is announced for the entire land. Innovention's days may be numbered, but until an entire gameplan for the entire land is approved and announced nothing will close or change on a grand scale.
                                        Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X