Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What year did they color the stone on Sleeping Beauty's castle?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: What year did they color the stone on Sleeping Beauty's castle?

    Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    In the 1953 prospectus, it's called the "medieval castle." It's also It's also been called "Snow White's Castle" as well as appearing as "Sleeping Beauty's Castle" in the opening day press release--with the apostrphe "s".

    Oh, and thanks for posting that last picture, which reminded me of another blow to the fomerly realistic castle: Squirrel scuppers on the ramparts.

    Really? Squirrel scuppers? But they're just so gosh-darn cute!
    Steve - to clarify what I was referring to...all materials that were given to guests that came through the front gates of the park (that I own) refer to it as "Sleeping Beauty Castle." I am sure that a prospectus, which would not be meant for the general public and was produced before anything had been put in concrete, has a lot of interesting terms/names that eventually changed. Frankly, it doesn't matter two hoots to me whether it has an apostrophe or not, but the debate had been mentioned on this thread earlier.

    In the end, some people love the bright pink, some people don't. Although I disagree with many of the things that the current regime has done at the park, you couldn't pay me enough money to be in their shoes. As can be seen by the mud slinging on so many of these chats, it is a thankless job attempting to appeal to the "masses." You can never win, and you never get a universal "thanks."
    See vintage & current Disneyland photos, 24/7
    http://davelandweb.com/disneyland
    http://davelandblog.blogspot.com

    Comment


    • Re: What year did they color the stone on Sleeping Beauty's castle?

      Originally posted by Meville View Post
      Perhaps Disney can release a new book:

      50 shades of PINK: How a seaming small color change split a fandom forever!

      Of course this would have a forward by Michael Eisner to explain how making the castle just a bit darker made him millions!
      I'm sure he'd love to know where those "millions" went! Love your take on this!
      See vintage & current Disneyland photos, 24/7
      http://davelandweb.com/disneyland
      http://davelandblog.blogspot.com

      Comment


      • Re: What year did they color the stone on Sleeping Beauty's castle?

        Originally posted by Meville View Post
        50 shades of PINK: How a seaming small color change split a fandom forever!
        Well, it's not really a small change--the color scheme of virtually every single element of the castle, from the turret roofs on down, has been changed. The sheer amount of gold paint used where once there was none in Daveland's last photo is just shocking.

        Comment


        • Re: What year did they color the stone on Sleeping Beauty's castle?

          Originally posted by Davelandweb View Post
          In the end, some people love the bright pink, some people don't. Although I disagree with many of the things that the current regime has done at the park, you couldn't pay me enough money to be in their shoes. As can be seen by the mud slinging on so many of these chats, it is a thankless job attempting to appeal to the "masses." You can never win, and you never get a universal "thanks."
          Hey, that's why they get the big bucks!

          Comment


          • Re: What year did they color the stone on Sleeping Beauty's castle?

            Originally posted by Davelandweb View Post
            Although I disagree with many of the things that the current regime has done at the park, you couldn't pay me enough money to be in their shoes. As can be seen by the mud slinging on so many of these chats, it is a thankless job attempting to appeal to the "masses." You can never win, and you never get a universal "thanks."
            The people calling the shots in the current regime don't work for "thanks," they work for enormous salaries and humongous bonuses. And nowhere in the world does any corporation or institution, private or governmental, get (or deserve) "universal thanks."

            It's not "mudslinging" for MiceChat members to criticize Disney in the course of discussing topics central to Disney's vision for and operation of its theme parks, or indeed any other aspect of its business. These topics will continue to be discussed and debated, during which Disney will be criticized by some and praised by others. Both points of view are allowed and encouraged on this forum.
            Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 01-04-2013, 07:16 PM.
            "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
            Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
            imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

            - Neil Gabler

            "I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
            until Thor told it to me."
            -
            Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony
            narrated by Chris Hemsworth

            Comment


            • Re: What year did they color the stone on Sleeping Beauty's castle?

              Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
              The people calling the shots in the current regime don't work for "thanks," they work for enormous salaries and humongous bonuses. And nowhere in the world does any corporation or institution, private or governmental, get (or deserve) "universal thanks."

              It's not "mudslinging" for MiceChat members to criticize Disney in the course of discussing topics central to Disney's vision for and operation of its theme parks, or indeed any other aspect of its business. These topics will continue to be discussed and debated, during which Disney will be criticized by some and praised by others. Both points of view are allowed and encouraged on this forum.
              Could you tell me exactly who makes the decision of the color of the castle and exactly what this "humongous salary" is? I am sure that the others reading this would love to know.
              See vintage & current Disneyland photos, 24/7
              http://davelandweb.com/disneyland
              http://davelandblog.blogspot.com

              Comment


              • Re: What year did they color the stone on Sleeping Beauty's castle?

                Speaking as a girl with a massive obsession for castles, I was VERY upset when they changed to colors for the 50th. It's too gaudy in such a terrible cartoon-y way. I'm such a purist for the original castle cos it actually felt like a proper castle! It just doesn't feel "theme" or "period" appropriate to me or authentic. It kills me and I'd give anything for it to revert back the way it was 8C

                Comment

                Working...
                X