Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WDW PAP Discount shrinks from 20% to 10%. Are we next?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] WDW PAP Discount shrinks from 20% to 10%. Are we next?

As a Premium Annual Passholder I have been repeatedly moved to purchase some big-ticket items at the park which I wouldn't have purchased if the discount were only 10%. I have bought many shadow boxes, Art of Disney items on canvas (all 4 HM stretching room paintings), jewelry, and watches. I read today that WDW has dropped the Premium Annual Pass discount from 20% to just 10%. If my discount had not been 20%, I wouldn't have purchased most (if not all) of the items I have. I have spent a few thousand dollars on In-Park Disney merchandise using my PAP as my discount but if the discount reduction comes to this coast, then I will no longer be purchasing anything more expensive than $20. How long until our discount is slashed? I feel it's only a matter of time. Your thoughts...
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

Re: WDW PAP Discount shrinks from 20% to 10%. Are we next?

Whoa, that's pretty. That is one of the attractive perks of having a PAP. My PAP just expired, so this won't really affect me anymore if Disney does decide to change the discount for Disneyland's PAP. But if they do decide to lower the discount, it'll definitely reaffirm my decision of not renewing my pass.
    My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

better not.

Micenation

Comment

I believe it's currently set to expire 12/31 according to most literature. Anybody seen anything different for 2013?
        Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

It will be disappointing when the discount returns to 10% for general merchandise. I feel for the non-PAPs that gained a discount and may not have any soon. I was always happy when they extended it but never expected it to last forever.
          Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

Comment

The main reason we bought a PAP (for Tink) when we did was because of parking. A secondary consideration was the discount (which we used on food). As the prices have shot up we assumed it would only be a matter of time before the discount was "adjusted".
            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Originally posted by orbitalpunk View Post
              better not.
              Or else.....?

Comment

Just got the Dec-May backstagepass and on the back it lists the discounts as 20% PAP and 10% for the rest through December 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by SpectroMan View Post
                  I believe it's currently set to expire 12/31 according to most literature. Anybody seen anything different for 2013?
                  Technically it's never set to expire. Consumer protection laws require Disney publish an expiration date, but it's always been renewed. I noticed this year the price of a lot of consumer products shot up significantly, to the point where the 20% discount just makes it the old price. So that's in effect eliminated the savings.

Slightly related: I'm a big LEGO collector and the 10% discount at the LEGO Store is a huge factor in me having a pass.it saves me $300-500 a year. Did the geniuses that decided to eliminate the expiration dates on the passes not realize that its the only way DTD merchants can tell if an individual has a pass valid for discount? The manager at the LEGO Store was complaining about the new passes when I was there last week. Nobody consulted them.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X