Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any updates on rumored winter price increase?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Any updates on rumored winter price increase?

    I ask because we didn't renew after 3 years back in August, but we plan on doing so within a week. My girlfriend works at a newspaper, and her editor, who is also a passholder, said she just got an email that prices are going "way, way up" for passes soon, perhaps by the 1st.

    Now, my best guess is that her passes are up and they're just noticing May's increase in prices. If true, that still got me wondering--anyone know anything new about the winter increases Al has talked about for a couple months?

  • #2
    Re: Any updates on rumored winter price increase?

    If true, I think it would be widely known since only 5 days away.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Any updates on rumored winter price increase?

      Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
      If true, I think it would be widely known since only 5 days away.
      Didn't the last price increase catch everyone by surprise? I don't think I saw anything on the forum about the price increase and then *BOOM* 30% increase. So it might be possible they would spring a price increase on us at any possible moment D:
      My Adventure Blog

      flickr

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Any updates on rumored winter price increase?

        Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
        If true, I think it would be widely known since only 5 days away.
        I don't know. In May, the new prices, effective the 20th, were announced on my May 18th.

        Like I said, it's third hand, though its from a journalist, but I'm still guessing (hoping?) it's just them noticing their passes are up and the May 2012 increases for the first time.

        However, Al's been teasing "winter" increases since early October, but nothing concrete or even really an update since.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Any updates on rumored winter price increase?

          Originally posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
          Didn't the last price increase catch everyone by surprise? I don't think I saw anything on the forum about the price increase and then *BOOM* 30% increase. So it might be possible they would spring a price increase on us at any possible moment D:
          Before Disney can increase prices it has to let everyone who sells tickets/passes know. That's how word gets out before the official announcement and an actual price increase goes into effect.
          Be Cool Stay in School!
          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Any updates on rumored winter price increase?

            Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
            Before Disney can increase prices it has to let everyone who sells tickets/passes know. That's how word gets out before the official announcement and an actual price increase goes into effect.
            Yeah, but while we all knew prices would go up over the summer, I don't remember word leaking prior to May 18th, yet the prices were in effect 2 days later.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Any updates on rumored winter price increase?

              Before May, we all heard that prices would be rising and it would likely be shortly before the June opening of Carlsland. There were even threads where were were making educated guesses about how much it would go up and when (most under predicted the amount of increase, but most did believe it would be May).

              As I recall, price increases are always (or maybe almost always) not officially announced until 48 hours before the new prices go into effect, which is usually a Friday announcement for a Sunday increase. Anyone else remember anything different?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Any updates on rumored winter price increase?

                Originally posted by loungefly97 View Post
                I don't know. In May, the new prices, effective the 20th, were announced on my May 18th.

                Like I said, it's third hand, though its from a journalist, but I'm still guessing (hoping?) it's just them noticing their passes are up and the May 2012 increases for the first time.

                However, Al's been teasing "winter" increases since early October, but nothing concrete or even really an update since.
                Are you talking about Al's reference to paying for the holidays in 2013? I haven't read or heard any other increase. I believe it was in October that Al put out an article that next year we may have to pay to experience the holiday season at Disneyland. This wouldn't necessarily be an increase in passes, just another added special pass would need to be purchased and the park would close early for the party to take place.

                I hope there aren't any increases soon. We bought annual passes this year before the increase after we heard about them on May 18th. We live in Hawaii and it made sense to buy AP. Although it would suck to get an increase, I think it would be justified with everything that Disneyland and CAP have to offer. Sucks, but it's totally worth it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Any updates on rumored winter price increase?

                  I heard it is happening in April. From what I heard premium is going up 50.00. delux 30.00 so cal 60.00 and so cal select 30.00. Not sure if it is true or not though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Any updates on rumored winter price increase?

                    Originally posted by John Keola Lessary View Post
                    Are you talking about Al's reference to paying for the holidays in 2013? I haven't read or heard any other increase. I believe it was in October that Al put out an article that next year we may have to pay to experience the holiday season at Disneyland. This wouldn't necessarily be an increase in passes, just another added special pass would need to be purchased and the park would close early for the party to take place.

                    I hope there aren't any increases soon. We bought annual passes this year before the increase after we heard about them on May 18th. We live in Hawaii and it made sense to buy AP. Although it would suck to get an increase, I think it would be justified with everything that Disneyland and CAP have to offer. Sucks, but it's totally worth it.
                    Here's what I'm talking about:

                    ..One of the other things the sudden success of DCA has pushed to the front burner is the management of those crowds around the Resort. The swelling DCA attendance has increased the numbers of park hopper tickets purchased each day and seen the numbers of Annual Passholders continue to hold very strong, not a small feat in light of the huge ticket prices increases TDA pushed through early this year in a weak economy.

                    While more AP price increases are coming this winter, barring some major economic shock, the old plan to improve crowd control along Main Street USA has bubbled up again...
                    The Party's Over - MiceAge.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Any updates on rumored winter price increase?

                      Originally posted by loungefly97 View Post
                      Here's what I'm talking about:


                      The Party's Over - MiceAge.com
                      GOTCHA! Must have read past that part. Bummer. Oh well, My pass is good until November 16, 2013. I'll try to make it to California a couple more times before that. It's a little hard to do being that we live in Hawaii. HAHA!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Any updates on rumored winter price increase?

                        Al also predicted FP times would have been enforced by now, which did not happen. Hopefully, his rumor about a winter price increase stays that way too, and they wait to increase prices until the spring.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Any updates on rumored winter price increase?

                          They gave us a 37 hour "heads up" on the parks blog. Usually they make a formal announcement 1-2 months before

                          Comment

                          Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X