Unofficial, Unsanctioned Micechatter Races?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bee1000
    Keepin' it calsteady
    • Oct 2006

[Idea] Unofficial, Unsanctioned Micechatter Races?

WoC95's post about trying to do every ride in both parks in one day got me thinking about how quickly it's possible to get through rides and I think it would be fun if Micechatters started trying to set unofficial speed records through various parts of the parks. Maybe this has even been done before, but I don't remember seeing it.

For instance:
    • The Critter Country-NOS-Adventureland Triathlon: How quickly can you get through Winnie the Pooh, Splash, HM, PoTC, Indy and Jungle Cruise?
    • Fantasyland Dark Ride Challenge: Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinocchio, Alice, Mr. Toad
    • Mountaineering Challenge - Put on your hiking boots for Splash, BTMRR, Matterhorn and Space Mountain all in a row
    • Loneliness of the Long Distance Micechatter Challenge - All you have to do is ride Gadget's Go-Coaster and California Screamin' - and cover the mile-long walk and 2 turnstiles between them.

Times would be unofficial, unverifiable, unsanctioned and on your honor. No running between rides, no handicap cards, front-of-the-line passes, tomfoolery or chicanery. Fastpass and single-rider options are allowed.

Start timing when you enter the queue for the first ride, stop timing when you reach the exit gate of the last ride.
  • WoC 95
    World of Color
    • Jul 2012

Re: Unofficial, Unsanctioned Micechatter Races?

Those are great idea especially the mountaineering challenge

Comment

• whitestrat
      MiceChatter
      • May 2007

If people wanted to get all official like, they could use pedometers, or Garmins, and upload the times to Strava.

Then they would be official, and everyone could see the times, which means anyone on Strava could try for the fastest time. You could be competing against anyone who wanted to try for the fastest time

Comment

• orbitalpunk
        Majestic Falcon
        MiceChat Moderator
        • Sep 2005

How about the "Hold on to your Lunch challenge"? - Grab a fast pass for startours, Down a beer in DCA, down 2 corn dogs in Disneyland, then ride the tea cups, astro orbitor and startours. Go t0o fast and you'll pop, go to slow and you'll lose precious time. Under 21? then make it 3 corn dogs. haha...

Micenation

Comment

• whitestrat
          MiceChatter
          • May 2007

Originally posted by orbitalpunk View Post
          How about the "Hold on to your Lunch challenge"? - Grab a fast pass for startours, Down a beer in DCA, down 2 corn dogs in Disneyland, then ride the tea cups, astro orbitor and startours. Go t0o fast and you'll pop, go to slow and you'll lose precious time. Under 21? then make it 3 corn dogs. haha...
          Ouch!

Comment

• KiMcHeEfOrLiFe
            aka 'KiMcHeE'
            • Mar 2011

This kind of sounds like the Gumball Rally where the goal is to ride all the rides at Disneyland in one day in the fastest time possible! My team and I took part last year, and it was an amazingly fun (and exhausting) day!
            My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

• penguinsoda
              Jester of Randomness
              MiceChat Moderator
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
              This kind of sounds like the Gumball Rally where the goal is to ride all the rides at Disneyland in one day in the fastest time possible! My team and I took part last year, and it was an amazingly fun (and exhausting) day!
              Yup.... both parks, every ride, one day. This year is I think the... 7th Gumball Rally?

MiceChat - Gumball Rally

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

• clara
                Sshhh, being very quiet
                • Jan 2006

I have yet to go to a Gumball Rally but this year may be the year for team Curiouser and Curiouser!

But yeah what OP describes looks like Gumball Rally.

Ta Da!

Comment

• jasmineray
                  MiceChatter
                  • Jun 2012

Sounds like a lot of fun and a lot of exhaustion!
                  Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

• bee1000
                    Keepin' it calsteady
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by whitestrat View Post
                    If people wanted to get all official like, they could use pedometers, or Garmins, and upload the times to Strava.

Then they would be official, and everyone could see the times, which means anyone on Strava could try for the fastest time. You could be competing against anyone who wanted to try for the fastest time
                    Would GPS devices show that you actually went on the rides, though? They might make people's claims more credible, but still not definite.

Originally posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
                    The Gumball Rally is an awesome contest, but it requires a full day (more or less) to complete. I'm thinking of smaller scale challenges anyone could try to fit into a day at the parks and then report back.

And being unofficial and unsanctioned anyone could start one anytime and just let us know. Use one of my ideas or come up with your own (preferably not a puke-a-rama challenge that could get messy, though).

Comment

• Wally
                      Fastest Man Alive
                      • Dec 2006

Go on every attraction in Disneyland, in the order of the year it opened.
                      "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

• WoC 95
                        World of Color
                        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Wally View Post
                        Go on every attraction in Disneyland, in the order of the year it opened.
                        Or go backwards, start with the rides and work your way down to the classics

Comment

• Quentin
                          MaliBOOMer
                          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by orbitalpunk View Post
                          Challenge accepted.
                          Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

• bigcatrik
                            MiceChatter
                            • May 2012

I liked the idea of this thread and though it didn't seem to take off initially...

Originally posted by bee1000 View Post
                            • Fantasyland Dark Ride Challenge: Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinocchio, Alice, Mr. Toad
                            35 minutes - 1/6/2013

Details:
                            7:05 AM - 7:40 AM during AP early entry. Order: Snow White, Pinocchio, Toad, Alice, Pan. Pan and Alice were delayed opening, else it could have been much quicker.

Comment

• bee1000
                              Keepin' it calsteady
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post
                              I liked the idea of this thread and though it didn't seem to take off initially...

35 minutes - 1/6/2013

Details:
                              7:05 AM - 7:40 AM during AP early entry. Order: Snow White, Pinocchio, Toad, Alice, Pan. Pan and Alice were delayed opening, else it could have been much quicker.
                              I didn't really think about early entry days, but I guess that probably isn't much different than a rainy day or some other day where the park is emptier than usual. 5 rides in 35 minutes is pretty darn quick!

Comment

• brianpinsky
                                Disneyland 20 year APH
                                • Sep 2012

This sounds like a good idea. I'll give you my times soon. Question: Singal Rider line stars when you enter the exit like on SMt. or when you get to boarding area?
                                Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
                                http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

• Coconut Pete
                                  They call me the Mayor...
                                  • Nov 2012

I did a Pirates 5K once, it was 9 trips through without getting off. Took 3 hours :thumbup:
                                  "We don't need to dream it, we'll just buy it, then build it"

Comment

• CSei2011
                                    Disney Obsessed
                                    • May 2011

side note- any official date for the gumball rally 2013??

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Feb 2005

We've gotten through Fantasyland in about an hour before.

Comment

• Poisonedapples
                                        Sock Puppet
                                        • Jan 2011

what the op wants to do sounds like the gumball rally..

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X