Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Fastpass Return Times Enforced?

Yesterday (12-31-12), a Tower of Terror CM told me that they were going to start enforcing fastpass return times starting today (1-1-13). Has anyone found that to be true?
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    sigpic

Re: Fastpass Return Times Enforced?

Why should this come as a surprise to anyone? They should have enforced the return times from Day 1. The fact that they honor the FP after the return time is beyond me.

Comment

I would hope so, but seeing that FP times were supposed to start being enforced in November and they still aren't I wouldn't hold my breath.
      Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

I'm crossing my fingers that it is true.
        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

It would be a good time of year to try it - if they phase it in now, during a slow(er) season, they might have it working well by the time we get to spring. I sure hope so.
          Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Originally posted by moregumboplease View Post
            Why should this come as a surprise to anyone? They should have enforced the return times from Day 1. The fact that they honor the FP after the return time is beyond me.
            Its comes to some of us as a surprise cause 1. It's hasn't been enforced for so long and 2. Disney is not well known for saying "NO" to guests. Saying "NO" and Disney Magic don't mix well. They normally find ways to appease guests. You hear stories about it all the time. Thats what makes them Disney. So yeah, when a CM tell me " your 10 minutes past your return time, you can't go on the ride now", yeah, It'll be a unusual experience at a Disney Theme Park.

Micenation

Comment

While I am in the group that would like to see FP Times enforced, this would surprise me. At WDW (based on the posts here) they had signs up "warning" that times would be enforced. I would expect DLR would do something similar, at least for the CM to have something to point to when a customer starts getting upset.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
              KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Am I the only one that sticks to the return times just out of principle? I feel bad for the machine that took time out of its day to print me some return times, so I do it for him...her..whatever a fastpass machine is.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                Follow us on Twitter
                @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
                  Am I the only one that sticks to the return times just out of principle? I feel bad for the machine that took time out of its day to print me some return times, so I do it for him...her..whatever a fastpass machine is.
                  I'd say "her", since the fastpass is, sort of, delivered.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                  KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Am I the only one that sticks to the return times just out of principle?
                    No you are not. I have honored the FP times on my pass for as long as I've been using FP. I plan my day around what the times say.

Comment

You would think, if they were going to do this, there would be a sign in front of the FP distribution areas emphasizing that you stick to return times.
                      There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                      -Dr. Strange

Comment

No, you aren't the only one. I always honor my FP times because it's the right thing to do. If I get a FP for Splash Mountain and my return time is 12:30-1:30 I plan accordingly so I can be back there within that window. It's not that hard.
                        Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

I'm another who always adheres to the return time. In all honesty, until I started reading here I was not aware that you COULD come back late. Even knowing that now, I still adhere to the return time because I know it is important. It's really not a big deal to get to the attraction within that one hour window.
                          Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

I have to apologize as I used to only follow FP times as they were printed. I never even had any idea you could come in anytime after.

It was only recently I learned this and me and my family (3 of us) used it otherwise. A couple of trips this really helped us get everything in when we had a guest that had never been there before. Other times, we had 3 sets of unused FP's that we ended up giving away to other families to use.

Never thought it was much of any issue as we used the FP's later in the night when people were leaving anyway.

Comment

I've used Fastpasses after their time, but I've never had a problem with the times being enforced.

I think there will be some warning an signage before it happens, like they did in Florida, although one could argue that the "return between these two times" on the tickets should be warning enough.

Do they really need to spend a lot of time and effort telling people they'll be enforcing the existing rules?
                              My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X