This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Illustration: Neverlands Park

I created this Illustrative Plan as a sister park for the Yesterland park (which was comprised of extinct attractions) that I shared a few months ago. This time the idea is to create a theme park solely out of never-built WDI concepts, resulting in a unique version of the DL-MK template. I tried to keep the contents limited to works that had some sort of official documentation, via released concept art and/or direct quotes from imagineers. Even with this criterion, there was a huge roster to choose from (although limited information about many), and I employed a lot of personal interpretation & embellishment.

BIG CITY, USA

HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD

WORLD HOLIDAYLAND

DISCOVERYLAND

FANTASYLAND

BEASTLIE KINGDOMME

Among the most famous of never-built projects, this area is a natural adjunct to Fantasyland and fits nicely into this park, despite being designed for Animal Kingdom. I kept the land familiar (central Unicorn Maze, eastern Fantasia Gardens, western Loch Ness Landing), but embellished Dragon Tower quite a bit. Being a marquee ride for a park full of E-tickets, I gave the Dragon (or bats) a mountain range to fly about (as to minimize the need for lots of unsightly track superstructure while allowing for a highly-thrilling ride).

FRONTIERLAND

ADVENTURELAND

http://www.idealbuildout.blogspot.com/

Re: Illustration: Neverlands Park

Well, cool. And certainly meticulously executed!

Comment

Where can I get tickets?!

Comment

I opened this thread topic yesterday and then opened the map in a separate window. Unlike most threads, I wanted to have time to really examine it before posting.

Wow. Dude.... You have spent an insane amount of thought and time on this. I am offended on your behalf that more people haven't posted to this thread. You built this amazing construct from the remnants of other ideas and put together a park that makes perfect sense. ...and got two responses, three including mine.

There is no justice on the internet.

I'm still unclear on the path of the dirigible attraction but I get where it boards and the idea that it would go in and out of the mountain.

At first I thought the shape of Fantasyland was weird with the Enchanted Snow Palace off to the side but when I thought about how well Beastly Kingdom and Fantasyland would gel together, the layout really made good sense.

Your placement on the Frontierland Fort Wilderness entry and Geyser Mountain were as perfect as Walt's insistence on lining up the center of Main Street USA with the castle and the merry-go-round as seen through the castle gates.

The transitioning from land to land was worth of an Imagineer. You should be one.

Comment

Comp me an annual pass when you get it built

Comment

This is the best fan created Disney Park I have seen yet. You have put a lot of work into the way the map looks just like a real Disney Parks Map and the detail is astounding. I was really pleased with the layout of the Park and how everything that was done could be done in reality. I bet it could even be done in RCT3 with a lot of Custom Scenery. I would definitely go to this Park.
            Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

This is definitely the best MC user made parks i've ever seen! Great work!

Comment

THIS. IS. AWESOME.

If by some miracle I should ever be put in charge of the company, I'm hiring YOU to be head of WDI, and we're building this park!

PS - I love that you copyrighted this.

Comment

Ok, my first post was a short but completely enthusiastic way of saying that this is a beautiful, well thought out, idea.
                  I wish we actually saw concept art, let alone actual parks coming from WDI and Disney in general these days.

Well done! :thumbup:

Comment

^ Very much appreciate all the kind words.

Originally posted by fifthrider View Post
                    I'm still unclear on the path of the dirigible attraction but I get where it boards and the idea that it would go in and out of the mountain.
                    Its very hard to see it in this version, but there is a light gray line that denotes its path: it travels from the station alongside the main walking path towards the hub, then around the orbitron plaza, along the southern and western edges of the outdoor lake and then into the Mountain to encircle the caldera. There are some circular pylon structures (as seen in the DLP painting) along its path to support the cables.
                    http://www.idealbuildout.blogspot.com/

Comment

Incredible, as always. You need to stop making these if they aren't going to be built! Too painful to see what could be possible if people would just use their imaginations.
                      Seriously, great work. Publlish a book.
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by RandySavage View Post
                        Its very hard to see it in this version, but there is a light gray line that denotes its path:
                        Got it, thanks. I'm glad you spelled out the path as it helped me focus in on the line a bit better. You're right, it's faint in some areas but man, what a great path, right down to the hub and back into the mountain. Awesome!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X