This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] National Geographic article on Disney and Disneyland from 1963

I thought I would share something I ran across. I found it interesting, with lots of old photos.
    http://blog.modernmechanix.com/the-m...disney-part-1/

Re: National Geographic article on Disney and Disneyland from 1963

Wow! What a great find! I'd love to have that issue... But how cool to have scans of each page.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

AWESOME!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing this!

Comment

This is wonderful!!! Thank you!
        You know, I have the strangest feeling I've seen that ship before... a long time ago, when I was very young. ―George Darling

It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

Comment

Really interesting about the documentaries. Half of Walt Disney's Oscar wins are for documentary features and shorts.

Walt Disney - Awards

Comment

The last line in the article is very sad.
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

ya that last line WAS sad.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post
                Really interesting about the documentaries. Half of Walt Disney's Oscar wins are for documentary features and shorts.

Walt Disney - Awards
                It's interesting; much as I've enjoyed Disney's feature-length animated and live action classics over the years, it was the documentaries and short subjects that really stuck with me the most. I must have seen so many of them in elementary and junior high school that whenever I see & hear one now, the music and narration are so incredibly soothing; I feel like I'm back in 4th grade, seeing the film while sitting at my desk, and the classroom lights are turned off. It is such a wonderful way to de-stress and forget about being an adult.

Comment

Originally posted by Retrocool View Post
                  It's interesting; much as I've enjoyed Disney's feature-length animated and live action classics over the years, it was the documentaries and short subjects that really stuck with me the most. I must have seen so many of them in elementary and junior high school that whenever I see & hear one now, the music and narration are so incredibly soothing; I feel like I'm back in 4th grade, seeing the film while sitting at my desk, and the classroom lights are turned off. It is such a wonderful way to de-stress and forget about being an adult.
                  Yes indeed! I love those documentaries. You're so right about the music and narration being soothing; I've actually played "Man and the Moon" on Youtube like "background music", and it's just so calming and redolent of those happy grade-school years.

Comment

Thank you so much, I always appreciate a glimpse into the past! The history of Disneyland fascinates me.
                    To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world. - Walt Disney

Comment

Fabulous article! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

A friend of mine collected National Geographics and came across that edition and gave it to me! Wonderul article and pictures, especially the peek into Walt's apartment. It has been a great source for research!
                          sigpic
                          Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X