Clear All

Originally posted by dshimel
    cellarhound, ""DVC!"
    DisCo, "Week in Florida"

cellarhound, ""DVC!"
    DisCo, "Week in Florida"

cellarhound, ""DVC!"
    DisCo, "Week in Florida"

Disney REALLY doesn't want people to come to SoCal for a week, then spend 3 days at DL, a day at Sea World, a day at Universal...

They'd much prefer they go to FL and spend 7 days in WDW's 4 parks, 3 water parks, mini-golf, etc.
    LOL is they should have such a problem... After all you have Universal Orlando and the Space Center to compete with if I travel that far...

My chant continues unabated... DVC! DVC! DVC! ...

Do you think we can organize a sit in at Glendale and sing, "We shall overcome?"
    Check out my other blog:

Comment

Info on extending DTD out North of ESPN Zone and HoB has already been leaked. I would expect this to involve a small parking garage for DTD parking.

What I would expect next is another PPH quality hotel to go in the parking lot behind (west of) PPH, maybe even as an extention of PPH. This would require an additional parking garage, and access roads, which DisCo probably wants the City of Anaslime to pay for, which was possibly the point of last week's horse and pony show about how much money the city makes off DLR. I'd expect the project to include mini-golf and pools.... Maybe a small water-park between PPH and DLH usable by resort hotel guests only.

Then 5 years adding 2 more e-tickets and half a dozen smaller rides to DCA.

Then, in 2015, ground breaking in the strawberry patch on the 3rd gate, another GCH quality hotel, A DVC resort, a second Mickey and Friends parking garage, and lots of new tram ways around and under Katella.

10 years after that, the bulldozers come out and finish flattening everything across Harbor from DLR, and the 4th gate gets built along with a couple more hotels. The Monorail finally gets rerouted to connect the 3 main parking garages, the 4 parks, and the 8 hotels. Then, it is WDW-West.

Comment

I think, rather than a recreation of the Pop resorts, Disney could build an economy hotel based on the Yesterland concept. Decorate it with some old ride vehicles, vintage photos and guidemaps. Build a pool with a Skull Rock theme and recreate Captain Hook's Pirate Ship and Galley as a poolside snack stand. For a restaurant, recreate Tahitian Terrace, and let the menu feature a few authentic menu items from the old place. Have hotel-specific souvenirs featuring "Coonskin" Caps... Plus, you offer a pay-per-view service featuring the classics from Vault Disney.
        See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
        78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by ModHatter
          I think, rather than a recreation of the Pop resorts, Disney could build an economy hotel based on the Yesterland concept. Decorate it with some old ride vehicles, vintage photos and guidemaps. Build a pool with a Skull Rock theme and recreate Captain Hook's Pirate Ship and Galley as a poolside snack stand. For a restaurant, recreate Tahitian Terrace, and let the menu feature a few authentic menu items from the old place. Have hotel-specific souvenirs featuring "Coonskin" Caps... Plus, you offer a pay-per-view service featuring the classics from Vault Disney.

I wasn't saying that wasn't a possablity either... I think it would be a good idea to work in something like that as well... but then again you have the same problems as stated above...
          Check out my other blog:

Comment

It would be nice to see a moderate priced hotel at DL. We stayed at the All-Star Music resort, and the rooms were Tiny! 4 of us were a very tight fit (one teen and one preteen).
            Knowing Disney, they will most likely put in another GH caliber hotel. They do seem to cater to the wealthier class of guest. From a business standpoint it makes sense. Wealthy guests spend more!
            Why not a Castle themed resort? I have heard more than one person wish they could stay IN the Castle. You could have a moat, some turrets, work in all the Disney castles/heriones in some way (Oooh, we got a room in the Belle Tower!) It would be a perfect place to have a Disney Princess Breakfast, too.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X