X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momzilla59
    replied
    It would be nice to see a moderate priced hotel at DL. We stayed at the All-Star Music resort, and the rooms were Tiny! 4 of us were a very tight fit (one teen and one preteen).
    Knowing Disney, they will most likely put in another GH caliber hotel. They do seem to cater to the wealthier class of guest. From a business standpoint it makes sense. Wealthy guests spend more!
    Why not a Castle themed resort? I have heard more than one person wish they could stay IN the Castle. You could have a moat, some turrets, work in all the Disney castles/heriones in some way (Oooh, we got a room in the Belle Tower!) It would be a perfect place to have a Disney Princess Breakfast, too.

Leave a comment:

• cellarhound
    replied
    Originally posted by ModHatter
    I think, rather than a recreation of the Pop resorts, Disney could build an economy hotel based on the Yesterland concept. Decorate it with some old ride vehicles, vintage photos and guidemaps. Build a pool with a Skull Rock theme and recreate Captain Hook's Pirate Ship and Galley as a poolside snack stand. For a restaurant, recreate Tahitian Terrace, and let the menu feature a few authentic menu items from the old place. Have hotel-specific souvenirs featuring "Coonskin" Caps... Plus, you offer a pay-per-view service featuring the classics from Vault Disney.

I wasn't saying that wasn't a possablity either... I think it would be a good idea to work in something like that as well... but then again you have the same problems as stated above...

Leave a comment:

• ModHatter
    replied
    I think, rather than a recreation of the Pop resorts, Disney could build an economy hotel based on the Yesterland concept. Decorate it with some old ride vehicles, vintage photos and guidemaps. Build a pool with a Skull Rock theme and recreate Captain Hook's Pirate Ship and Galley as a poolside snack stand. For a restaurant, recreate Tahitian Terrace, and let the menu feature a few authentic menu items from the old place. Have hotel-specific souvenirs featuring "Coonskin" Caps... Plus, you offer a pay-per-view service featuring the classics from Vault Disney.

Leave a comment:

• dshimel
    replied
    Info on extending DTD out North of ESPN Zone and HoB has already been leaked. I would expect this to involve a small parking garage for DTD parking.

What I would expect next is another PPH quality hotel to go in the parking lot behind (west of) PPH, maybe even as an extention of PPH. This would require an additional parking garage, and access roads, which DisCo probably wants the City of Anaslime to pay for, which was possibly the point of last week's horse and pony show about how much money the city makes off DLR. I'd expect the project to include mini-golf and pools.... Maybe a small water-park between PPH and DLH usable by resort hotel guests only.

Then 5 years adding 2 more e-tickets and half a dozen smaller rides to DCA.

Then, in 2015, ground breaking in the strawberry patch on the 3rd gate, another GCH quality hotel, A DVC resort, a second Mickey and Friends parking garage, and lots of new tram ways around and under Katella.

10 years after that, the bulldozers come out and finish flattening everything across Harbor from DLR, and the 4th gate gets built along with a couple more hotels. The Monorail finally gets rerouted to connect the 3 main parking garages, the 4 parks, and the 8 hotels. Then, it is WDW-West.

Leave a comment:

• cellarhound
    replied
    Originally posted by dshimel
    cellarhound, ""DVC!"
    DisCo, "Week in Florida"

cellarhound, ""DVC!"
    DisCo, "Week in Florida"

cellarhound, ""DVC!"
    DisCo, "Week in Florida"

Disney REALLY doesn't want people to come to SoCal for a week, then spend 3 days at DL, a day at Sea World, a day at Universal...

They'd much prefer they go to FL and spend 7 days in WDW's 4 parks, 3 water parks, mini-golf, etc.
    LOL is they should have such a problem... After all you have Universal Orlando and the Space Center to compete with if I travel that far...

My chant continues unabated... DVC! DVC! DVC! ...

Do you think we can organize a sit in at Glendale and sing, "We shall overcome?"

Leave a comment:

• fkurucz
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance
    Disneyland already has luxury over priced hotels. I think a well-themed economy hotel would do wonderfully well in Anaheim.
    I guess that they could buy HoJo's and plop a few giant fiberglass Disney figures on the property and voila!

Leave a comment:

• dshimel
    replied
    cellarhound, ""DVC!"
    DisCo, "Week in Florida"

cellarhound, ""DVC!"
    DisCo, "Week in Florida"

cellarhound, ""DVC!"
    DisCo, "Week in Florida"

Disney REALLY doesn't want people to come to SoCal for a week, then spend 3 days at DL, a day at Sea World, a day at Universal...

They'd much prefer they go to FL and spend 7 days in WDW's 4 parks, 3 water parks, mini-golf, etc.

Leave a comment:

• cellarhound
    replied
    I am starting the chant now... "DVC! DVC! DVC! DVC! ..."

Leave a comment:

• JoeCool
    replied
    I agree that Disney needs to build another resort hotel. I think a hotel that is themed like the South Seas/Polynesian..tropical would be nice. 2huge pool plus a few waterfalls and maybe a small water park with a few Disney-themed water rides/slides...

Leave a comment:

• Giant Panda
    replied
    Originally posted by ModHatter
    Well, rather than redoing hotels, I'd rather see Disney acquire the hotels, keep them as-is for the time being, and work on sort of "reverse Imagineering" Anaheim into the kind of resort Orlando has. Don't start redoing the hotels until, like GCH, they can support the theme of the park next door. For instance, if they went with the WestCOT/Imaginations concept, the park itself can be surrounded by Port Orleans Riverside-sized buildings, themed to the continents represented in the park. Then continue the theme with somewhat taller hotels on the perimeter. A functional berm, which also provides excellent fireworks viewing opportunities for parkside rooms.

Good ideas, MH. I just hope Disney aquires/builds properties slowly, so that they don't get too huge of a vacancy rate. And tie the theming to the third gate ....

Leave a comment:

• ModHatter
    replied
    Well, rather than redoing hotels, I'd rather see Disney acquire the hotels, keep them as-is for the time being, and work on sort of "reverse Imagineering" Anaheim into the kind of resort Orlando has. Don't start redoing the hotels until, like GCH, they can support the theme of the park next door. For instance, if they went with the WestCOT/Imaginations concept, the park itself can be surrounded by Port Orleans Riverside-sized buildings, themed to the continents represented in the park. Then continue the theme with somewhat taller hotels on the perimeter. A functional berm, which also provides excellent fireworks viewing opportunities for parkside rooms.

Leave a comment:

• jmuboy
    replied
    Hotel rooms inside DCA Darthokeefe?

Leave a comment:

• michael eisner
    replied
    well gee, walt when do you plan on building this? or did you just run a computer through the cryogenic chamber to walt's head?

Leave a comment:

• Darthokeefe
    replied
    I know how about a California themed hotel with palm trees, surf boards and a Tortilla Factory.!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• jmuboy
    replied
    I don't like pop century and the all-star. I'd rather go on price line and get a hyatt/hilton hotel for cheap. I want Disney hotels to have TONS of atmosphere. Not oversized props. DL and PP Hotels are already too minimally themed. A new DL Hotel nneds SUPER theming.

Leave a comment:

• JoeCool
    replied
    I agree that Disney needs to build another resort hotel as the DL hotel, Paradise Pier and Grand Californian are always booked solid...I think a tropical theme/Polynesian theme hotel with a huge pool and waterfalls and a small water park would be great.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    When I went to Disney World in FLorida last year, we stayed at the All-Star Movies Resort (part of Disney's All-Star economy resorts). I immiedately told my friend, "Disneyland needs a hotel like this!" It only cost us $79.00 per night and had LOADS of atmosphere. Huge oversized Disney figures, two huge themed pools, beautiful themed walkways, shops and a great food court. The rooms were basic and a little small, but very comfortable. Most of the "hotel" rooms on Harbor and Katella cost about this much or more and the quality of the rooms falls far short of the All-Stars.

Disneyland already has luxury over priced hotels. I think a well-themed economy hotel would do wonderfully well in Anaheim.

Leave a comment:

• Eddie from the 80s
    replied
    Originally posted by jmuboy
    I have been thinking that there should be another DL Resort hotel. DL hotels runat %85 occupany or higher throughout the year. So, between the resort and the conference center certainly the demand is there. And we all know the hotels are great revenue generators (hopfully some of that money can go to improving DCA).

Anyway, I was thinking a "south seas" tropical themed hotel would be great in the Simba lot. The hotel could be surrounded by a palm tree and brush lined berm to block as much of the "real world" out as possible. The palm tree berm would also blend in fairly well with the themes of the nearby PP and DL Hotel buildings. The hotel could have a luau, Ohana's restaurant and a highly themed volcano pool like the Polynesian hotel at WDW. I was thinking the hotel's room sizes and theming would be on the same level as the GCH. However, prices would be slightly lower then the GCH and closer to the prices of the DLH. The reason for this would be the distance from the park entrances.

Some of the parking area of the Simba lot could remain for valet and surface parking (the portion adjacent to the DL Hotel towers). However, most of the parking for this hotel would be in underground garages built below the new hotel.

One thing I think is important if/when a new hotel is built. That is it's very important NOT to build something like a hotel in the Timon Lot. The Timon lot needs to be reserved for DCA expansion!

Ok, there you go. Discuss! ;-)
    How much you wanna bet that there wouldn't be a monorail stop?

Leave a comment:

• ah schucks
    replied
    As I understand it Disney does own a lot of that immediate property, or chunks of it. My favorite comic book shop down Harbor was closed because apparently, Disney has a plan in the works to refurbish and expand a "Harbor/Pier" theme all the way from the park down to the 22 freeway about 3 miles south of there. I dunno much more than that the plan or timeline but it bummed me out that Mile High was basically knocked out-Tom

Leave a comment:

• ImaginEAR
    replied
    Originally posted by dramaqueen
    What about the hotel they just put in at WDW? It had a "decade" theme and I believe it is aimed at being a lower cost hotel (forgive me, I don't remember its exact name)
    POP Century Resort Classic Years (finished) and POP Century Resort Legendary Years (not yet finished).

I think a Grand Floridian type hotel would be great for Disneyland. Or the Asian Resort. I also like the BoardWalk's theme at WDW, but... Paradise Pier, so...

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X