Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is Elton John concert at Disneyland ?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Rumor] When is Elton John concert at Disneyland ?

    Is this a rumor or true any details would help?

  • #2
    Re: When is Elton John concert at Disneyland ?

    Where did you hear that?
    sigpic

    This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: When is Elton John concert at Disneyland ?

      Will we see a Yellow Brick Road then?
      Always read the fine print.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: When is Elton John concert at Disneyland ?

        It's true. Hyperion Theater, Jan. 25.

        Elton John To Perform Special Concert at Disneyland (a top story)::Elton John News ::antiMusic.com

        Last edited by Retrocool; 01-12-2013, 01:41 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: When is Elton John concert at Disneyland ?

          How`s he going to be at Disneyland the 25th if he has a concert at 8pm on the 25th in Minneapolis , Minnesota. , He`s got concerts in MN scheduled from the 12th thru the 27th.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: When is Elton John concert at Disneyland ?

            Originally posted by Jerryp49 View Post
            How`s he going to be at Disneyland the 25th if he has a concert at 8pm on the 25th in Minneapolis , Minnesota. , He`s got concerts in MN scheduled from the 12th thru the 27th.
            Actually, Elton John himself is not performing in Minnesota. Elton John and Tim Rice's AIDA is, at the Pantages Theatre in Minneapolis from the 12th to the 27th. Elton himself is free up until February 27, when he'll be performing in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

            rockntickets.com - Elton John Tickets

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: When is Elton John concert at Disneyland ?

              Per EJ's website, tickets will not be available to the general public. It is a special performance to celebrate the anniversary of Yamaha Pianos that will be simulcast to multiple venues.

              This is the link to his website w/info regarding this concert:

              News - EltonJohn.com

              "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: When is Elton John concert at Disneyland ?

                Isn't this the same weekend as the NAMM Convention? Would make sense as to why he is giving the concert.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: When is Elton John concert at Disneyland ?

                  Originally posted by Retrocool View Post
                  Actually, Elton John himself is not performing in Minnesota. Elton John and Tim Rice's AIDA is, at the Pantages Theatre in Minneapolis from the 12th to the 27th.
                  While it should be obvious that Elton John does not perform AIDA, the advertising for some touring musicals can confuse casual fans (perhaps somewhat intentionally). Several audience members seated around me for a tour of Billy Joel's Movin' Out expected him to perform. Although I am a lifelong fan of Elton John and also love musicals, AIDA was a disappointment.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: When is Elton John concert at Disneyland ?

                    Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                    Isn't this the same weekend as the NAMM Convention? Would make sense as to why he is giving the concert.
                    NAMM is midweek, the day before. It could be related but I don't know why Elton John would play the little Hyperion instead of the large Arena in the ACC.
                    Be Cool Stay in School!
                    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: When is Elton John concert at Disneyland ?

                      actually NAMM is jan 24 (thursday) through jan 27 (sunday)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: When is Elton John concert at Disneyland ?

                        Win free tickets, one of three pairs.
                        News - EltonJohn.com
                        Be Cool Stay in School!
                        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: When is Elton John concert at Disneyland ?

                          Interesting. I wonder if there will be a link to watch it?
                          “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: When is Elton John concert at Disneyland ?

                            Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
                            Interesting. I wonder if there will be a link to watch it?
                            I don't think it will be live-streamed online. It sounded more like it will be simulcast at other venues. It also sounded like there will be a Yamaha e-clavier (I may have the name wrong) on stage at the simulcast venues that is 'hooked up' to EJ's clavier and these claviers will actually play note-by-note as EJ is playing at Hyperion. Sounds kinda cool, but not cool enough for me to buy a ticket.
                            "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: When is Elton John concert at Disneyland ?

                              Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                              ...It sounded more like it will be simulcast at other venues. It also sounded like there will be a Yamaha e-clavier (I may have the name wrong) on stage at the simulcast venues that is 'hooked up' to EJ's clavier and these claviers will actually play note-by-note as EJ is playing at Hyperion.
                              Demonstrating this technology is one of the reasons for the show, perhaps the primary reason.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X