This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Upcoming Tomorrowland Changes

Take this for what it's worth, something that was passed on to me via a Disneyland Firefighter. We all know the rumors about Innoventions, the Subs and Autopia going away. This guy says it's a done deal. He adds a little more detail stating that the innoventions replacement will indeed be Avengers/Stark Expo themed. What is new news is that the Subs/Autopia area will be a new Star Wars attraction. He stated it will be a coaster which I found very hard to believe with SM right across from it.

I'm all for a bigger Star Wars presence in the parks but call me skeptical for now as we know that CM's, even if they are firefighters, get stuff wrong many (ok, most) of the time.

Re: Upcoming Tomorrowland Changes

Originally posted by stevek View Post
    I'm all for a bigger Star Wars presence in the parks but call me skeptical for now as we know that CM's, even if they are firefighters, get stuff wrong many (ok, most) of the time.
    Considering the source, I am as skeptical as you are. Should this turn out to be true, I am a bit baffled as to their choice of attraction genre. This would be three coasters within a few yards of each other, Matterhorn, this new one, and Space Mountain. This would mean the removal of a couple of "entire family" rides in exchange for one ride for the over 40" crowd and an oversaturation of such rides in that corner of the park.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

This is a Rumor Mill thread to be sure. I find his lack of substantiated facts disturbing!! (sith breathing, breathing)

But fresh concepts in Tomorrowland would be welcome. However it would become coaster heavy in that quadrant of the park as mentioned and also would be an odd move for DL to trade 2 classic attractions for one...hmmmmm.

Comment

This is just a collection of rumors mixed with BS. Look I would love for them to remove Submarine Voyage especially after what they did to it but the fact is Disney no longer strikes me as the type of company that would be bold enough to bulldoze it to make way for a better attraction. They will double down on their mistak...i mean "investment".

Autopia I wish would be removed but even that's a longshot.

The Iron Man attraction replacing Innoventions is basically a done deal at this point however. Prep will begin this year and it will be formally announced at D23 in Aug/Sep. It will open Summer 2015 to celebrate both Disneyland's 60th. anniversary and the opening of Avengers 2 in theaters. It will use some of the ride technology that James Cameron and Imagineering has been working on for the Avatar rides being designed for Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
          The Iron Man attraction replacing Innoventions is basically a done deal at this point however. Prep will begin this year and it will be formally announced at D23 in Aug/Sep. It will open Summer 2015 to celebrate both Disneyland's 60th. anniversary and the opening of Avengers 2 in theaters. It will use some of the ride technology that James Cameron and Imagineering has been working on for the Avatar rides being designed for Florida.
          There is nothing official on that yet either. At this point it is still a rumor.
          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
            There is nothing official on that yet either. At this point it is still a rumor.
            I know, but I can hope! :P
            For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

Originally posted by wiigirl View Post
              I know, but I can hope! :P
              We should all be crossing our fingers.

Comment

This definitely sounds like a load of crock. Didn't Tony Baxter say the Subs and Autopia weren't going anywhere?

The only rumor I kind of believe is the Iron Man attraction. I won't get my hopes up until construction starts, if it ever does.
                Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

I'll probably get beat up here for saying this, but I love the subs and I hope they stay.

Comment

I wish there would be an announcement already because all of these rumors are making me wonder what is truly going to happen

Comment

Stark Expo would fit into tomorrowland, but doesnt anyone else think the area should be renamed DiscoveryLand ? I think that would better fit the land.
                      Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala
                      ‚Äč

Comment

Stark Expo OK, Avengers, Hell no.

I think they should get rid of Autopia and replace Luigis with that... If there is enough room anyway.
                        DisneyTwins
                        Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by LAR121 View Post
                          I'll probably get beat up here for saying this, but I love the subs and I hope they stay.
                          I wish that they never left. I miss them and wish an updated version would return someday. What is there now, while still futuristic as to the mode of transportation and public tourism is definitely not the same.
                          Last edited by calsig31; 01-14-2013, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LAR121 View Post
                            I agree with you. As someone that underwent the childhood pain of witnessing WDW's submarine lagoon being filled with concrete, I will never criticize, or otherwise wish for the end of, Disneyland's submarine ride.

Comment

Originally posted by cakvalasc View Post
                              doesnt anyone else think the area should be renamed DiscoveryLand ?
                              No thank you. To me Tomorrowland is a classic name for this area. I just wish it would stick to its original principles more closley.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X