This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Location of 20,000 Under Seas exhibit

Could any tell me the exact location of the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea exhibit when it was at Disneyland from 1955 to 1966? I thought it was in the location currently used by Star Tours. Thank you!
    sigpic
    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Re: Location of 20,000 Under Seas exhibit

From old maps that I have seen it looks like it was where the Startrader currently resides.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

yes, it where Star Tours is now, and it shared the building with the Hall of Chemistry on the left, the 20,000 leagues exhibit in the middle, and Fun Foto on the right.

Comment

Originally posted by frollofan View Post
        yes, it where Star Tours is now, and it shared the building with the Hall of Chemistry on the left, the 20,000 leagues exhibit in the middle, and Fun Foto on the right.
        Actually, the entrance was right where the inside overflow waiting/ line area of Star Tours is right now (to the left of the actual entrance. That area was not originally enclosed. It only had a ceiling. The doors to the attraction were located where the back wall is now in the waiting area. That area became a stage for entertainment during summer evenings.

Comment

A couple of fun links on Disneyland's 20,000 League's Exhibit:

Rick Wright's MiceChat article

VulcaniaSubmarine.com's photo gallery
          "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
          Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
          imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Originally posted by Congo Chris View Post
            Actually, the entrance was right where the inside overflow waiting/ line area of Star Tours is right now (to the left of the actual entrance. That area was not originally enclosed. It only had a ceiling. The doors to the attraction were located where the back wall is now in the waiting area. That area became a stage for entertainment during summer evenings.
            I think you misread my post. I said it was in the middle of the building where the circular roof was, which where the Star Tours overflow queue is now.

Comment

Originally posted by frollofan View Post
              I think you misread my post. I said it was in the middle of the building where the circular roof was, which where the Star Tours overflow queue is now.
              I understood your post. I wasn't disagreeing with you. just filling in more detail. I spent many hours inside that attraction.

Comment

Thanks to all of you! You had exactly what I needed...again!
                sigpic
                Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X